Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I found it! I found it! The worst article ever. Paul Daugherty thinks replay at the Little League World Series is a sin because it's denying the kids a chance to deal with it like a man when an umpire who may or may not admit his mistake crushes the hopes and dreams of a 10 year old with a bad call.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/paul_daugherty/08/19/ll.replay/index.html?eref=sihp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Scott Burnside posted:

BOSTON -- Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien has a bit of a Midas touch right now.

If what he touches doesn't turn to gold, then it's certainly win. And lopsided wins at that.

A professional writer wrote that. And got paid. And an editor let it slide.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

A giant branch about the size of the one shown fell in my backyard and was suspended between two trees about 50 feet up and I just hell noed doing any tree work anywhere until we paid someone to fix it.

Where I'm from even much smaller branches get caught up like that and are called 'widowmakers'. Good call. They look small when they're up in the tree then a windstorm blows it down and you realize it's as thick as your forearm