Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

He's not injecting it into their rear end dude. Citoball's and all. It is more effective that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Agreed, im not so much into all the bullshit a Major league game, but all the goofy poo poo at minor league games is the best. If any of you have been to the Lake Elsinore Storm (maybe 2 of you), it has the absolute best between inning attractions.

Grounds Crew Gorilla has a feud with the Inland Empire 66'ers Part 1 Part 2

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2010/10/14/2010-10-14_sad_lil_home_on_the_range.html

the absolute worst "Kiss Da Ringzz" bullshit.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

So never read Boston.com. Although I like Amalie Benjamin, I follow her on twitter.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/08/sports-illustrateds-tom-verducci-slams-a-blogger-but-i-heartily-approve/

I wanted to be clever and make this a funny post but im too excited! Tom Verducci destroys Murray Chass. Repeatedly refers to him as a blogger. Very funny.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I'm fairly ignorant about the subject, but is Grady Little still reviled for keeping Pedro in? Was he wrong to keep him in? Am I an idiot?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

The best is really Mickey Mantle describing his greatest moment at Yankee Stadium being a blowjob he got under the bleachers once (and only a blowjob because he was injured and couldn't gently caress)

Don't ask me, I'm no cocksucker

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

quick call him a retard and see what happens

I asked him how I could trust him not to write a disingenuous piece about me if I engaged him in discussion and he got waaaay bent out of shape. He really takes everything too seriously.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

How was politicalrancor arguing with him in the first place? I checked twitter and saw nothing.

So this is really pretty stupid but basically it started with Pearlman tweeting something I thought was stupid (I really don't recall what it was) so I tweeted him this-

@Politicalrancor:
@jeffpearlman I want to engage you, but I'm afraid you will take it the wrong way, call me, and write about it. how can you be trusted?

@jeffpearlman
@Politicalrancor anthony, you get an A+ in the category of unoriginal zinger

@Politicalrancor:
@jeffpearlman thanks for using my real name, thats not creepy. Also I really mean it. How can I trust you won't abuse your power?

@jeffpearlman:
@Politicalrancor abuse my power? how is calling someone, talking to him, NOT IDing him an abuse?

@Politicalrancor
@jeffpearlman I know the person in question and you used your power to write a disingenuous portrayal of him and your conversation with him, also reacting so aggressively to my honest question does little to encourage any trust in you

@jeffpearlman
@Politicalrancor so aggressively? what in the world are you talking about? plus, if you're gonna accuse someone of something, i'd advise knowing both sides. Oh, well. Whatever. No beef—we'll just disagree

@Politicalrancor
@jeffpearlman I feel like you react really harshly.

@jeffpearlman:
@Politicalrancor i know you're young & prob looking for something here. but this is a classic case of seeing what you're looking for. i reacted harshly? did you read what you wrote me? i don't even know you, and you tweet me negatively. how should i respond? damned if i do, damned if i don't. it makes it so writers are bett off nev responding to anything, ever &, please rememb, this started because your pal called me, i think, a "f-ing retard." or something to that degree.

Also he doesn't know who Mat Latos is
@jeffpearlman
@Politicalrancor one more thing—who's the padre? and why?

I had the same reaction Mat did

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I'm nearly as suave as you are. Also I really do not possess the wherewithal to talk on the phone to a University of Delaware grad.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Be wary of any random people claiming to know you from childhood in the next couple of days. It may be Jeff Pearlman in disguise mining information about you to use in a threatening email!

After his third tweet to me I just tweeted him a link to my facebook. Also I condescendingly called him successful and he got all sheepish and falsely humble.

Ughhh I spend too much time talking to or about Jeff Pearlman.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Badfinger posted:

Hey man you want to talk on the phone, you just have to ask. You don't have to dance around the issue.

My biggest fear is of being verbally bested by former Newark-ites.

Newark-ans?
Newark-ers?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Would 'fuckheads' work?

former fuckheads?

I suppose so.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Nice to meet you Cereal Eater! What are your thoughts on the blacks?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Does Grantland sound like a bad name to anyone else?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/

It's all pretty funny.

post/username combo

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I mean, McCourt is partially to blame, as he had fired his head of security during the 2010 season, and had not hired a new one for the 2011 season.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

morestuff posted:

The article has some ok points, but Tom Ziller has a pretty good take-down here.

Colin Wyers piece is pretty good too

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

So good-not-great catcher plays in a harder era than 3 of the greatest of all time, two of which played in the dead ball era. Ok.

Im not trying to lend any credence to the Tek to the hall camp, but none of those catchers played in the dead ball era.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Twitter should not exist:

SI_PeterKing Peter King
I'll give you a bizarre Stat of the Afternoon. RBI: Ellsbury 75, Pujols 75.

thats a pretty good nugget

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Sports "Journalism" is a farce. gently caress them all.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

morestuff posted:

If only they could be as insightful as you.

oh man, glad you found it insightful enough to make note of it!! Especially because it would have been left on the last page and forgotten about!!! Thanks for putting it at the top of the page! You get it, man!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

MourningView posted:

That post did not really help.

much like "Sports Journalism" does not help anyone except sports writers.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

How does jeff feel about your national exposure?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Prisoner posted:

Bless Jeff Pearlman for trying to write a comprehensive book about the 1986 Mets, but drat him for turning it into a fellatio session of his boyhood idols.

Basically, I feel bad for him but admire his efforts. The YouTube video he stupidly posted of him appearing on a local news station while he was in college proclaiming that he had voluntarily chosen virginity says a lot about him.

sometimes i like to whip out my penis and you know, do the nasty thing

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Capt Murphy posted:

The problem with Deadspin was that Daulerio is human trash and would write articles about making GBS threads his pants. But now he's gone and the quality of the site has rebounded significantly in the last few months and I think the tone has become a bit more self aware of their own shortcomings. Considering the general dearth of good writing, I'll take it where I can get it even if it means skimming through stupid posts or in Grantland's case being reminded Bill Barnwell gets paid to write.

Fwiw On their annoying twitter rankings they ripped on themselves pretty hard.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

gaxsezu posted:

I will never understand how people can stand to listen to Francesa.

I heard he was really easy to fall asleep to.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

haljordan posted:

"Getting fired for being a scumbag woman beater was the best thing to ever happen to me!" :smug:

Look if you read my book that wasn't published you'll see how innocent I am and how that "WHORE" screwed me and my generosity.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

How dare you not quote the best part:

Fuckin' jokes man. How do they work?

Additionally, had the interviewer ever seen the comments section at ESPN?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ace Jameson posted:

Richard Sherman looked like a big stupid baby and somehow managed to made Skip look reasonable.

Still the best part was when Skips says "that's debatable" about him not being one of the 22 best sports media figures because even he knows he can't argue that. The reason Sherman looks terrible is because Skip Bayless is a cartoon, you can't argue with him and not look ridiculous. Or Chris Broussard. gently caress Chris Broussard.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ManifunkDestiny posted:

That's a pretty tenuous argument to make. You can have an opinion without it leading to draconian legal policies. For example, as a Christian I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I am all for the legal recognition of same-sex, monogamous couples, and think they should have all the same legal rights my wife and I have.

But they can't call it marriage, right?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

haljordan posted:

I know people were feeding Billy some of those lines but I think a lot of that is just him going off and improvising. He really seems to relish letting those racial slurs fly.

So did Marge Schott

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Super Jay Mann posted:

Was there ever any point in keeping any Page 2 derivatives around when Grantland exists?

Delicious Page Views

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Bob Ryan is the worst.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

People also forget that CBS broadcasts golf which might be the biggest money sport in the whole world.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

They broadcast The Masters which is about prestige, not money. Augusta National leaves tons on the table in the name of control.

They broadcast PGA events all the time and get that sweet, sweet Buick money.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

It's the unsung racial politics of the NCAA. Black players are cheaters, white players only break unjust rules, and everyone knows this.

Consider the percentage of black players in NCAA football and you wonder why the public doesn't engender much sympathy toward them.

Terrelle Pryor got free tattoos! What a thug!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

FairGame posted:

Not to flog Scorekeeping or anything, but the whole finding was "announcers are biased against foreign-born players." Couple that with the fact that I had like 2 observations for Ichiro and Kuroda or whoever, and "foreign-born" really just referred to Latinos. Craig Calcaterra argues the exact same point while simultaneously telling Scott Miller he's a jackass.

yeah I was gonna say that "Yasiel Puig can't aww shucks his way out of it because of the language barrier" comment was bang on.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

In light of Heyman's "miss-interpretation" "has to learn to spell" is a perfect. Also the funniest one was "Craig James: Possible Hooker Killer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

while the coaches behavior is probably played up, I doubt the eight year olds slamming their heads into each other is faked.