Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SI may not be dead after all

https://twitter.com/BenMullin/status/1769710587825520942?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Because of course

https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1770805430479913248?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Defector needs to hire him

He goes on Drew and Roth’s podcast all the time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

General Dog posted:

If government can basically ban tobacco advertising outright as a matter of public health, I don’t see why we can’t do the same for gambling, which probably stands to be a greater net ill.
This current court would almost certainly not agree to ban gambling ads

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I suspect the current court would also overturn the tobacco ban as well
For sure

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Florida continues to be horrific in new, but old ways.

A racial slur and a Fort Myers High baseball team torn apart

The headline doesn't do this justice. No, it's not a team "torn apart.", it was a racist text that began a buildup of more racism that begat a high school baseball team walking out mid-game on its two players of color. That included the staff. One of the players walked out on is the son of former MLB player Michael Tucker.

I'd expect this article from 1970, but not in 2024. gently caress Trump, gently caress DeSantis, gently caress the Fort Myers school system adminsitration, gently caress the white parents and anybody else who contributed to this. Hope this article brings a federal lawsuit and not just the ones from the players' parents.
I wish any of this surprised me, living in this hell state

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nm

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't even remember what the Tim Burke thing was about, was it that he was alleged to have 'hacked' into a site and stolen a video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Bring back the Brooklyn Orphans!
They were also known as the Brooklyn Bridegrooms at one point

Although I think one of my favorites is when Cleveland became the Cleveland Naps in honor of Napoleon ‘Nap’ Lajoie being their best early player