Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Damien Cox is a notorious shithead, he mostly writes about hockey and tennis. He really does just openly troll his readers, has been known to turn about face on his own opinions week to week, and it's best to just treat his bullshit as background noise.

I have a downgoesbrown.com NHL suspension flowchart pinned to my cubicle wall that includes "Did Damien Cox turn it into an anti-fighting Column anyways?", so yeah pretty much par for the course from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That article about Kobe in the Black Ops commercial is one of the most enraging things I have ever read.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Okposolypse posted:

Connecticut also still has original blend 4lokos.

too bad you can't buy them on sundays and after 9pm

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Gregg Easterbrook's last TMQ is quite possibly the worst 1/3rd of an article that I have ever read. The whole loving thing is predicated on hindsight bias. As per usual it contains his poorly researched or twisted data to support his asinine conclusions (Dwyane Bowe didn't have a break out year because he didn't catch any passes in the playoffs, don't mind the fact that he led NFL WRs in TDs and had over 1200 receiving yards!).

I know I shouldn't get angry about stupid articles on ESPN, but this idiot literally makes many times my annual salary to write stupid, smug, self congratulatory articles.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Nah, interleague owns if you're a fan of an AL team, its like 14 free wins or something :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Steroids and Sabermetrics are literally the same thing (in that they're destroying baseball)

hahahaha you didn't even quote the best part:

quote:

By the 24th inning Mr. Barry wonders: “Is this even a baseball game anymore? Maybe it has morphed into some kind of extravagant form of performance art, in which the failure to reach climax is the point; in which the repetition of scoreless innings signals the meaninglessness of existence.