Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5457398

quote:

When Lee -- who, with all due respect for CC Sabathia, becomes the ace the moment he walks into the Yankees' clubhouse -- sits down to make his decision for next season, he should remember this one.

He should remember the one his Rangers lost to a team that refused to give up, with a closer who refused to give in, with a lineup that showed it was tough enough and patient enough and determined enough to wear out even a pitcher as great as Lee.

Oooof.

I know these terrible regional ESPN.com sites are homery and awful, but they integrate them with the ESPN mobile site so it's hard to tell just how much something is going to suck before you read it on your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Regardless of where he came from, that's one of the most slobbering aura and mystique articles I've read in a while.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I don't often read Deadspin anymore for reasons that have been discussed at length here, but every once in a while they still publish something that hits.

http://deadspin.com/5931911/what-did-lolo-jones-ever-do-to-the-new-york-times

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Better fundamentals, just more "pure," you know?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Josh Lyman posted:

Whaaat? So Reilly really wasn't being sarcastic? :psyboom:

Let's do it this way. Why do you think that article doesn't reflect his actual beliefs on the issue today?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think her being trans is irrelevant though. There's an established pattern of withholding information there and it's arguable that this fact could've been the root of it.

I think this is exactly the point that people have a problem with, though (in addition to the terrible "chill up my spine" language). Personally, I find the article's drawing of a connection between (1) a person wanting to keep that element of their life private with (2) that person's engaging in a pattern of deception to be shockingly obtuse about complicated issues of gender identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm very curious, why do you love Whitlock so much anyway?