Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Badfinger posted:

I have actually thought about this before at the ballpark. I think the main difficulty is that unless they are already making out, which defeats the point of the kiss cam!, is that basically it's harder to tell if you are going to put your camera on a gay couple or two dudes hanging out at a baseball game.
True, but it'd really be no more awkward than if they happened to focus on a brother & sister.

I'd just like to say that Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com is a horrible reporter and I can't stand that I have to read his poo poo to get info about the Flyers. His writing (and even when he's on TV for Daily News Live) comes off as he knows everything and everyone should just accept whatever he says because he's been doing it for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Something about this article from Tim Panaccio on csnphilly.com really irks me. I think only one line will sum it up.

quote:

According to one league source, Phoenix’s Ilya Bryzgalov might be a perfect fit for the Flyers.
First, it's not even a Flyers source indicating they are interested in him, it's someone involved somehow with the league simply saying "Yeah, he'd be good in Philly". That deserves an entire article? If he were giving his own opinion that's one thing, but it's some random "source" that for some reason wants to remain anonymous about giving his opinion.

Also, he goes on to talk about trading Carter for Bryzgalov. Granted, the Flyers would probably have to move Carter and/or someone else to make cap room, he neglects to mention Bryzgalov is a god drat unrestricted FA. Why would the Flyers trade Carter just for 2 months of rights? If you're gonna move Carter for cap room, trade him for something you can use.

God I hate Panach.

EDIT: The article: http://tinyurl.com/69vtkmh

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 16, 2011

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

My aunt works at the Morning Call. Wonder if she knows Mandy.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

The "if you knew what I knew wink wink " stories about Jayson Werth cannot possibly be as bad as the ones about Pat "Vintage" Burrell.
Your pussy's jealous!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Chase Utley: World "loving" Champions.
Ahem... "phucking" :colbert:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Mornacale posted:

That article is stupid. Everyone knows Ichiro needs to show leadership by going on more profanity-laced pregame tirades in the locker room.
He just needs to tell them they have no marbles.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

According to this blog post, Jay Greenberg on espn.com has an Insider article saying the Flyers are interested in Boston's Tim Thomas (I don't have Insider or I'd paste some of it here).

Why the hell would Boston trade the dude that has pretty much single handedly gotten them to the Cup finals, maybe even wins it for them? The blog post mentioned he doesn't even say a source told him this. The entire article is written as fact. Mind boggling.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hey, Chuck Klosterman agrees with me. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6626431/space-time-dvr-mechanics

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Everyone stay off Ribsauce's lawn.

Seriously though, the joy of being able to watch two football games in the same span it takes to watch one live, while both games are being played, far outweighs any of the negatives. My wife is a Steelers fan, we watch the start of the game live until the first commercial break, then pause it. Then, if the Raiders are playing, I'll have had that game on the other tuner. Switch to that game, watch it until we catch up to live and the first live commercial, pause, switch back. loving awesome. I do admit, you have to sort of blur your vision to the ticker and do a "la la la, I can't hear you" when they switch for a highlight, but it still works out most of the time.
This is pretty different than recording the event and watching it 5 hours later.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

God drat Deadspin really loving hates Grantland/Simmons. http://deadspin.com/5813690/introducing-the-grantland-comments-and-corrections-desk

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 21, 2011

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I don't know any history, other than some dude from Deadspin stopped another from writing for Grantland. That "article" is just really petty was my point.

EDIT: Other than the fact that Deadspin is terrible.

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 21, 2011

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

He has a point about WAR, which is like 1.something. You're telling me Howard is only good for 1 more win than Ross Gload would be?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Badfinger posted:

Grab a no-glove, all-bat dude off the waiver wire to play first base and he should be able to put up at least a league average OPS, 15-18 HR in a year's worth of PA. There are only 3 qualified 1B with an OPS under .740 and they're all producing negative WAR.

Your "league average" position player is worth about 2-3 WAR. 1.x WAR through about half a season for a league average player sounds about right.
His point wasn't that his WAR number was wrong, it's that it's pointless to use to determine worth. There's no way with Ross Gload in the lineup everyday rather than Howard the Phillies would be close to the record they have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Bill Simmons' wrestling article today on Grantland is loving atrocious. So many errors and he just plain doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't even know Motörhead does Triple H's entrance music and refers to Lemmy as "just someone screaming in a raspy voice". :what:

EDIT: Link http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6790423/good-lord-music

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 21, 2011