Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009
Gorgeous stuff! I love the beauty of a wooden spinning wheel, it's functional art to me.

Thanks for all the informative posts, I love reading about this. I've become a total fiber junkie since teaching myself how to crochet and knit a few months ago. I always loved fabrics and yarns, but never did a thing with them because I didn't find the right medium. I don't really enjoy sewing, and even though my mother knitted and crocheted, I somehow never got the yarn bug. Now it's a chronic condition, completely incurable and life long.

I am so looking forward to trying spinning when I have a bigger house. I live alone, and have three smallish bedrooms. Only one is free of craft supplies. Spinning is just one more thing to look forward to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009
All the yarn posted in here is amazing.

Do you save a money by spinning your own yarns? I would love to spin crazy art yarn for scarves some day.

Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009
Oh wow, your reply made me realize how good I've gotten at justifying my craft habit. No longer do I only find excuses to give other people about my giant yarn collection, I'm actually now able to convince myself of the practicality of a new hobby. :xd:

Anybody that wants to unload extra yarn should just give us a heads up, I know I personally would love to buy or trade for some of the stuff you don't know what to do with/and or screwed up.

Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I have a ton...mostly art/novelty yarn. If you (or anyone else) want some, I'll post what I have (some I've given away/sold/used, not sure what I have left).

EXAMPLES:

Eeeek! I'm definitely interested, email me with details? I don't have PMs. putitinyourmouf@gmail.com

Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009

I'm not working tomorrow, so I'll do inventory and take pictures and stuff and get back to y'all.

Awesomeness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Put it in Your Mouf
Jan 8, 2009

I have 15 skeins with approximate yardages and materials and one GRAB BAG. What's the best way to do this? An SA Mart thread? I don't really want to sell here and derail.

That would work.

• Locked thread