Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
EVERYBODY WANNA KNOW WHAT MY ACHILLES HEEL IS

LOOOOOOVEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Music is the language of the soul, watch how Pete Rock and Kanye heal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-r7ZCYeDkI

Turbo Grafx 16 tracklist, bitch. :hellyeah:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ruddiger posted:

Of course Kanye owns a Wii and nothing else. (Play Pikmin 2 Kanye, it's chemically impossible to be sad while playing that game.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kanye sampling a loving Suda 51 game might just be the greatest thing ever.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
TMZ says that Kanye is focused and taking his meds, and that he said he's in the same creative zone he was in when he made Through the Wire and 808s. http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/12/08/kanye-west-recovering-writing-new-music/

Turbo Grafx 16 is gonna be a classic

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

ruddiger posted:

Oh my lawd Pete Rock in the studio and those SAMPLES THO.

This is all I needed to here.

Yeezsus just rose again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pablo had that Chicago house classic, now Kanye's hitting them lowrider oldies, I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpHZoccHMY8

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ruddiger posted:

I've never wanted anything as much as I want this.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
ye spotted blond buying lamys

seems appropriately re-gruntled

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cant wait for the new blondye

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's no way "Tatsunoko vs Capcom" is a real Kanye track title

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How did "worst Kanye guest verse" not generate any mentions of Common on Get Em High

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This is the only good part of Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg7ibHsBo9w

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

xbilkis posted:

How did "worst Kanye guest verse" not generate any mentions of Common on Get Em High

I'll give it a pass since Kanye probably had less control over his first album and owed Common a spot.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Rick Ross ruled on that track. But yeah Hova's verse sucks rear end.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Resident Evil?? Let me get a track with, "You were almost a Jill sandwich" on it!!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Barry Burton.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Because Get Em High is amazing. How dare you sir :colbert:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

^burtle posted:

Resident Evil?? Let me get a track with, "You were almost a Jill sandwich" on it!!

"Kanye, here's an ANTIDEPRESSANT. It might come in handy if you, the master of unhinging, take it."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ye's Monster verse is great too

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Kanye best verse ever is All Day.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I always listen to Get Em High and get really into it until I remember Common's on it and ruins my flow

real rappers is hard to find, like a remote

CONTROL rap is out of

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Kanye best verse ever is All Day.

Really wish this song had made it onto Pablo

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Jay's verse on Never Let Me Down was super out of place too. A song about civil rights and spiritual inspiration and Jay's like "First I snatch the streets, then I snatch the charts"

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

I was never sure if Pusha T on Runaway was just a really out of place verse, or if he was actually trying to be an example of a douchebag.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pusha's verse on Runaway is the best verse on that album. Like Full stop.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Pusha T posted:

He was like, ‘Listen, I need more douchebag. I just need more douchebag.’ That became the mission statement. He made me rewrite it like four times or more.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah.

quote:

"I'm writing a verse, and I come back to the table, and it's something that I'm feeling, and he's like, 'Naw, but I need more douche bag.' And I'm like, 'All right, man, c'mon.' So I go back, and he's like, 'Naw, more douche bag!' He's screaming at me 'more douche bag' at this point," Push said during his "RapFix Live" interview Thursday (November 18) about crafting the douche-bag-toasting standout from 'Ye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. "I just really had to, like, take myself out of it a little bit and then put ... the perspective of the guy ... who thinks he can fix it, but he's not being preventative."

Push said the song developed organically but that Yeezy had unexpectedly stumbled upon a subject the Clipse MC was very familiar with: the art of douche-baggery.

"It starts from a conversation. We're talking, and he's like, 'I like your perspective on that. Put a verse to that.' What he didn't know was [that] I was going through my own relationship turmoil at the time," Push revealed. "I was being a douche bag," he said, adding, vaguely, that he was doing "whatever wrong you can do" in a relationship.

Although the concept arose naturally enough, Push said 'Ye was relentless about making the final product just right.

Also that Verse is very much in place on that song.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Hm, well that's on the nose isn't it. It's just that a lot of guest verses reflect the guest's style more than the song's style, and all of Pusha's Clipse verses I've heard sound exactly like his ultra-douchebag verse. So the intentions of it weren't too effective for me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

Pusha's verse on Runaway is the best verse on that album. Like Full stop.

Smh forgot about rozay

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Smh forgot about rozay

No I didn't.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 10, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am SO OUTRAGEOUS

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

No I didn't.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
obviously monster was the best verse of nicki minaj's career past present and future

i like rozay on devil in a new dress a lot persoonally

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Douchebag is Kanye's cowbell

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I thought Kanye was most creative when off his meds?

Not the right thread but j Cole's new album is pretty good from a guy that people thought was retiring.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
dunno about the meds thing (certain people here don't think it's cool and good to speculate on the mental health of a megastar celebrity who constantly thrusts himself in the public eyetotal stranger) but there's a general rap thread on this very subforum that would be a great place for you to discuss the new j cole in earnest

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

thathonkey posted:

dunno about the meds thing (certain people here don't think it's cool and good to speculate on the mental health of a megastar celebrity who constantly thrusts himself in the public eyetotal stranger) but there's a general rap thread on this very subforum that would be a great place for you to discuss the new j cole in earnest

I'd rather not post in that thread, though.

Anyways I missed out on the tour because of the hospitalization and whatnot but I ain't even mad. I was wondering how many goons got their concert canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'd rather not post in that thread, though.
???

• Locked thread