Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I was at a club on Saturday and the DJs played the Power remix to wrap up the night. Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Runaway is phenomenal. Really emotional for me.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I like that little Iron Man vocal riff in Hell of a Life.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

pleasantlyplump posted:

I unno, this album and even that Runaway short have made me really appreciate kanye as an artist a lot more than I did before. It's nice to see him try some new things and express himself in these ways. You don't always see artists take many chances, so I dig it. It all feels pretty honest too.

My theory is that Kanye thinks he's the greatest thing ever, so he's not afraid to try something new or ambitious because he doesn't think he could possibly fail.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'm a bit confused - what is GOOD Friday? Is it another album coming out? Are these tracks he's still releasing going on a new album or..? And what's this Watch the Throne thing?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

machchunk posted:

Isn't it weird how different of an appeal "Lost in the World" and "All of the Lights" have even though they have similar aesthetics? I love the latter (especially the string intro"), but I think the only bad track on the album is the former. You love the former, but hate the latter. I've noticed this with many reviews too.

But yea seriously that song has the easiest lyrics on the album to follow :confused:

Lost in the World is my favourite song on the album.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I never understood skits on rap albums. Like, of all the genres to have skits thrown on an album, rap is the one that fits the least, I think. Where did they come from? Why are they on the majority of rap albums? I hate them all.

Watch the Throne is all over the place. Each song sounds entirely different than the last. Not that that's a bad thing, but it doesn't really work as an album. No flow to it, it's just a collection of songs. Makes it difficult to listen all the way through, so it's just way easier to cherry pick a few songs off the album and put them into a playlist.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I feel like theres no way Jay-Z can be that great of a performer. Could be very wrong though.

I've seen him twice. He's pretty awesome. Full band, horn section, the works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWyyFRbeGEE&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

"Beard" isn't insulting. It's a term that has been used pretty widely for a while now by people of any orientation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

Edit: Oh yeah, it's the Yeezus thread. I think the album is a missed opportunity. When Kanye listens to it, can't he immediately hear where something could be improved? Although, it's still drat entertaining and I recently listened to it a few times on a long drive.

I kind of wanted to hear songs with that crazy list of collaborators posted before the album came out. Like Skrillex. I bet Kanye is like Prince and just has hundreds of songs in some vault somewhere all as good as anything released on an album.

stratdax fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 20, 2013

• Locked thread