Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Holy shiiiiiit all this new stuff is right up my alley. He's becoming the Reznor of Hip hop (if he wasn't already).

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This album is insane and weird. It definitely can be cringeworthy. Everything about Kanye these days makes me think of Trent Reznor.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Does anyone else love I'm In It? The song goes so many random directions. A few tempo changes. Horrible, over the top lyrics. It's kind of breathtaking and puzzling.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm still annoyed every time I hear "Keep it 300 like the romans".

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

bows1 posted:

*whoosh*

I'm looking around online for a definition for whoosh. Not getting it. I tried wikipedia??

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How do we know the romans didn't actually keep it Kanye?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That's a brilliant review. It manages to be dense and poignant without adhering to any journalistic rules or flare.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
what in the hell

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
SuperMechagodzilla is the epitome of bearably condescending.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Glad to see fatherhood hasn't slowed down the Kanye coke train.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

hahahah, this might not really have anything to do with the thread, but it has to do with kanye

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhF8u4crosR8LzC6C2

poor yeezus, always getting poo poo on for everything/anything he does.

People dog Kanye for how he reacts but it's such bullshit. Reading comments you'll see them say "if you don't want to get followed, don't get famous!" This attitude didn't make sense to me until I realized a lot of us would be perfectly happy being constantly followed and photographed.

Imagine you got into music or any creative field for the love of doing it and not the infamy, and really consider how annoying it would be to basically get trolled everywhere you go.

Also this guy is a pussy for needing paramedics like he got stomped in the street. Dude is clearly trying to rile up Ye and get some settlement money just as he stated.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 21, 2013

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wasn't that the same year his mom died? I dunno, dude was probably all over the place and MBDTF was full of guilt over some of his lovely attitudes. It was a stupid thing to do but he's a super emotional musician/rockstar. Beyonce was better anyway. :colbert:

This is way more defending of Kanye than I ever thought I would be doing. I guess I like his lovely attitude.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That video sucks.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The paparazzi in question is a renowned scammer/blackmailer of celebrities.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If I'd bought tickets, I'd be a little annoyed if I didn't get the whole experience. So long as he makes right by rescheduling I don't see what's wrong here.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Oh ya man. Water bottles! Architecture !

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
SMG, simultaneously the best and worst poster of SA media forums

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Jeez, I can't even write "Kanye West raps about black history" without five or six haters from my fanclub showing up to suck my dick.

Lady Gaga writes songs about feminism too. -> "Haha SMG is so weird and controversial! Let me talk about him." gently caress off.

Sorry if I came off wrong. I love your posts. People jump on your interpretations, I'm not. Please keep it up. :) "Best and worst poster" as in "some think you're the best, some think you're the worst."

As far as the subject, I think Kanye is right that you can't really "speak to the people" on a mass level without the corporate channels.

EDIT: Every time Kanye says slaves people think of black slaves because A)he's black and B) It's the most recent prevalent example of slavery. Slavery goes beyond Trans Atlantic slave trade, the development of western society and capital has always come on the backs of slaves and I say he's right that we're all slaves in a tangential sense when it comes to debt and how we publicly represent ourselves. He uses the word slaves in a bigger context than black slavery. I don't know if it's appropriate or not but I don't think his intention is totally conjuring the image of american slavery.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 27, 2013

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's awkward how Kanye doesn't even look at Sway the whole time he's yelling. I mean, more awkward.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Famicom Bunko posted:

You hold such high standards.

ugh. Stupid anti intellectuals, judging music merely by how much they like listening to it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I could see Kanye thinking about that a lot and accidentally saying it out loud

Is that you Ye?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Predicting now that none of the featured rappers make it to the album.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Same at Bonnaroo. A bunch of hard/prog classic rock before his set, ending with Time. I wonder if it's a hint towards his new album?

Ye's new album will be guttural yelling and self stylized anti Nike slam beat poetry over Genesis samples

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sethsez posted:

Kanye's always had an amazing ear for pop, so I'm not sure why collaborations with pop artists surprise anyone.

He is a pop artist. Hell, he's on the short list of pop trendsetters.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I love Ye but he sounds like poo poo at the start of this. Things keep being off timing, including him and that guitar.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I really liked that a lot. Really personal, and a nice tribute to write a song about your mother and your daughter. Doesn't sound like a song that'd make it onto an album, though. Here's hoping that Kanye just puts out every cut track this time.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I didn't think I could dislike the French more, but I stand corrected

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

It sounds the same as the one that went up a month or two ago, am I missing something

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Not An Irish Monk posted:

yeah that's been out for months now and idk if it's even totally legit

Same. I'm excited to see if its really on the album or not. I mean, if its a leaked track why the low quality fidelity? That's kind of like taking a blurry picture of bigfoot and often a giveaway that something isn't legitimate. I don't think the flow really sounds like Ye either...but its hard to say either way. I kind of want it to be real because I like the style.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I can't believe Beck got a loving anything for that album and I'm a fan

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
oh shiiiiii pusha????

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
they keep Ye's mic 60% louder than anyone elses lol

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I hope all that distortion and fuzz on the bass is accidental, I hate that buzzing so, so much.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The yeezus album peaked quite a bit too. I imagine it's because Kanye sits there with some poor engineer, yelling at him to turn it up more.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol, of course. Kanye :allears:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
He's being generous in turning it up for us, the lord works in mysterious ways

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
He just records a bunch of music every album, he probably has rights to use it if he wants to but that doesn't mean he will.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The more I hear Wolves the more I'm stoked on it. That's two songs out the gate with no drums or very minimal percussion. Overall the song is really provocative and that's what I expect from Kanye basically.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There's only one person who really knows when the album is done and that is yeezus. He could say it comes out Saturday, then change his mind and never even release it. Do not question his ways, praise yeezus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
not kanyes voice

edit: here's an alright one from the BRIT awards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvDvsOJ34K8

• Locked thread