Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I loved 808s and Heartbreak so it's pretty much impossible for me not to like this. Plus from the leaked song titles this could be a hilarious journey of him being pissed at everyone at the beginning of the album and learning to chill the gently caress out by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Pharrel has made a lot of money at being mediocre. :D

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Aggro posted:

I didn't understand a single thing about that movie, especially why there was a three minute long outro to Runaway that was completely incomprehensible.
I also have to share this sentiment. Great concept terrible execution. Why was there a giant head of Michael Jackson? Because Kanye wanted it to be.

He really should have spent a few thousand on hiring someone to storyboard his ideas and rein them into something more akin to The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night rather than some horrific 80's avant garde movie produced by crazy Slovakians.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Does Elton John even know what rap bars are? :D

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Brett824 posted:

Interesting interview with Jay-Z about Watch The Throne.

Apparently him and Kanye were in the studio for 4 days and are almost finished. :psyduck:
They're going to spend a good 4+ months ironing out other parts of it though. Pretty sure Kanye has said Watch the Throne won't be coming out till next year, so my guess is the first day of the 2nd Business Quarter of 2011 it will drop.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Sockser posted:

Is there any sort of deeper meaning behind the Runaway video? I mean, I've written essays on Lady Gaga videos and just recently, unintentionally, a Katy Perry video, but the most I get out of runaway is just "A BUNCH OF poo poo THAT LOOKS FUCKIN' COOL." which sorta fits with Kanye but man I just don't know
At the core of it it's apparently something about Kanye('s ego) not being accepted in this world, and that he needs to be freed from it like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Or something artsy like that.

I think it's more telling that Kanye said they shot the whole thing somewhere in Europe(France?) in 4 days with almost zero storyboarding. I think he took less than a week getting the crew together and whatever permits needed to film.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Final Fart Buttball posted:

what the gently caress is 'All of the Lights' about.
I don't know but Hell of a Life is a hilarious biopic of when Kanye took his year off.

Make her knees shake, make a priest faint, uh
Make a nun cum, make her cremate, uh

Have you lost your mind?
Tell me when you think we crossed the line
No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need
Grab my hand and baby we’ll live a hell of a life

You a wild bitch
Tell me what I gotta do to be that guy
Said her price go down, she ever gently caress a black guy
Or do anal, or do a gangbang
It’s kinda crazy that’s all considered the same thing
Well I guess alotta niggas do gang bang
And if we run trains, we all in the same gang
Runaway slaves all on a chain gang

I take it Amber Rose is a bad bitch.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I asked someone a question today and they replied with "Yeezy taught me." :D

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Brett824 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYLPNGZM9JU

This video is kinda dope as gently caress.
Asians are the coolest people on Earth.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

F201 posted:

I would be extremely surprised if this outsold 808s. Heartless and Love Lockdown were both huge hits, while Monster barely scratched the top 20 and Runaway peaked at 12. Yeah the album is incredible and the critical accalaim is unanimous, but you don't see Sufjan Stevens going gold in the first week.

I'm thinking 400k at best.
I actually agree with you but Kanye has had so much press lately that he may end up selling just based off that. The fact the music is good doesn't hurt things either.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2010/11/the_ten_best_qu.php

I love this quote:

"People are not going to agree with everything I do. I look back and look at stuff I do and don't agree with it. Man, if I made a dis record of myself, I would kill me. I would be extremely good at it."
Now this would be an hilarious mixtape/G.O.O.D. Fridays type of deal. Kanye remixes some of his worst songs and just rips himself apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

The song's cool I guess but the lyrics aren't entertaining or clever. Oh well, vibe > lyrics
It tells a fairly entertaining story. Probably will end up a weaker track compared to the entire album.

Only thing I didn't like is some of the screaming sounded a bit off at the end. It actually detracted from the song rather than making it better.

• Locked thread