Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm a yeezy noob (I've only got Graduation, 808s, MBDTF and Throne) but even just between those, it's been getting progressively dark for sure, although at least MBDTF at least has an uplifting end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Bound 2 fall in love

I think that's just a coincidence.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Anaranjado posted:

I think what he's getting at is that on most of Kanye's other albums he surrounded himself with other rappers, which made his lyrics sound better by association or just by the fact that his clunkers were surrounded by mostly fantastic stuff from other people.

Not including that garbage Common verse on Get Em High. Jesus christ that was bad

"Real rappers is hard to find, like a remote
Control rap is out of"

I never fail to snicker at this line

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 11, 2013

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tpab is a goodass album that I regularly listen to but his stance on black-on-black crime drags k-dot in general for me which I guess is silly but ehh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

as long as Graduation is last, the list works

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no album with "drunk n hot girls" can be considered good

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

literally the only thing that is good about that song is that it ends and then "flashing lights" comes on

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

I hated Drunk and Hot Girls at first, then I liked it a lot because I liked how weird and out there the production was, then I kind of hated it again when I found out it was pretty much a straight sample of a Can song, and now I like it a whole lot because I realized how loving crazy it is that Kanye built that song around a loving Can sample. Also I like the cheesy strings he added, makes it feel like a weird off-kilter suspense movie soundtrack or something, which is hilarious given the lyrics

okay the Can sample connection is pretty hot but the lyrics he puts to it are just .......... they needed more time in the oven or something

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

because it sucks

actually the whole tail end of that album other than flashing lights and the glory sucks, don't let me just pick on that song

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mayonnaise-colored Benz I push miracle whips

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this #FingersInTheBootyAssBitch got a lot riding on Waves now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kanye is a fingers in the booty rear end bitch but you morons are talking about Mad Max, smh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe he said Taylor Swift owes him sex

(see thread title)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gently caress NIKE

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

http://twitch.tv/volticstinger

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Man, he cut all the best poo poo from this album. What the gently caress.

maybe it really will be a different album tomorrow lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SNL's used to dealing with performers on a lot of coke

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

don't they run live stuff on a delay to bleep poo poo out? did Kanye run interference the SNL backstage crew

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

next thing you'll know, someone's gonna come in here and say the Section 25 sample that comes on during FML doesn't make them hard

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I found the OG version of Wolves and I'm very happy he cut Sia and Vic Mensa because Sia sounds like poo poo. she needs to cover face and her mouth

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the worst Kanye album is Graduation, qtiyd

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my alternative track listing for Graduation would be to cut all of the songs but Flashing Lights

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe y'all would even mention those tracks

might as well have offered Drunk and Hot Girls

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wouldn't call TLoP a masterpiece but it's real good

Drunk and Hot Girls is an uncharacteristically meandering track

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chance got a baby voice

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

"chance go night-night" chance coo'd before tucking himself into bed

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

Famous video just dropped and.....well then.

twitter's about to be LITTTTTTT

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe he has lawyers because lawyers wouldn't have let him put his imagination of what Taylor Swift's titties look like in a music video

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lena Dunham knows a thing or two about exploiting women's bodies, having molested her younger sister

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've never been to this part of pussy town before

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

teen bear posted:

No and it started about 1.5h after doors

same in DC

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kanye put out a new album but all you morons keep talking about is this dumb argument

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's no way "Tatsunoko vs Capcom" is a real Kanye track title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I always listen to Get Em High and get really into it until I remember Common's on it and ruins my flow

real rappers is hard to find, like a remote

CONTROL rap is out of

• Locked thread