Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

No song yet though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Role Play McMurphy posted:

What font is that? Dream Kanye collabos would not be a bad meme.
Looks like regular/smooth Impact.

e:

Obviously :v:

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 2, 2010

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just to give a heads up, there is going to be a webcast by the Kanye himself at

http://www.ustream.tv/kanyewest

in a little less then 2 hours (supposedly it will be at 4:00 for those on the East)

He's live now!
e: aaaand off-air.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 4, 2010

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Is this album coming out on vinyl (so I can pre-order it) ?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Oh man, I love Hell of a Life. Iron Man :rock:

Please tell me this album is coming out on vinyl somewhere.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Surfingelectrode posted:

Oh, and the vinyl release was just announced today:

http://www.insound.com/My-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy-3xLP-Kanye-West/P/INS83181/

It's going to be a 3LP set with bigger copies of the art cards and poster.

20$ shipping and 20% import tax? Guess I'll be hoping that some store in the EU picks it up. :sigh:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

cymbalrush posted:

So is there definitely a vinyl version being released?

From what I understand (and I could be wrong... someone more knowledgeable should correct me if that's the case), records can't really be mastered the way this album was. They need more dynamics or else the needle or has a hard time with it.

Either way, it'll be nice to get a good 24-bit vinyl rip of this fantastic record.

http://www.insound.com/My-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy-3xLP-Kanye-West/P/INS83181/

I just hope that some website in Europe decides to sell 'em too.

e: also available for cheaper on Amazon.com! (But their packaging is loving awful for LPs) And they've got a small preview picture.

Looks goooood.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 23, 2010

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Superchunk posted:

While Amazon is cheaper, their shipping can be iffy. Last time I ordered a record from them, it came in a box the size of a microwave with one sheet of bubble wrap.

I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks to order with Insound because they're one of the best record stores online and they've always been good to me.

So loving glad I ordered the vinyl, looks like we're getting some prints of one of the George Condo paintings as well as a lyric sheet? Awesome! :haw:

Oh yeah, I don't know how I keep forgetting about that, considering that I've bought LPs from them twice and their packaging was really lovely both times, causing one of my records to skip and another almost fell out of the huge cardbox box they shipped it in :sigh:

And as everyone has said, the album is awesome. Favourites are All of the Lights, Devil in a New Dress, Lost in the World and Hell of a Life.
Pretty much the only thing I'd do on the album is change Power to the G.O.O.D. Fridays remix version instead.

e: Amazon vinyl shipping :downs:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 23, 2010

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just be warned that Amazon packaging for vinyl is awful, big cardboard box with some loving air packing pillow bags.
(At least in my & some other goon's experience)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

So Kanye just tweeted that Watch the Throne is coming in two months, a video for "All of the Lights" is coming in 1 week and that he's got a new album coming this summer.

Can't wait!
:f5:

e:Thanks, Final Fart Buttball

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 24, 2011

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

atrus50 posted:

This is apparently the tentative tracklist for watch the throne

http://www.dubraontherocks.com/post/6239008872

Huh, no H.A.M. ?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Kanye's first verse on Niggas in Paris reminds me of that E.T. song. ugh

Based on a couple of listens, Why I Love You is my favourite.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

This album is already really growing on me. I was a bit dissapointed when I first heard it yesterday, but by now I like every song besides Made in America (which has pretty good rhymes but that intro... ugh)
Loving the second side starting from Who Gon Stop Me to the end (skipping Made in America)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Somebody's been listening to Death Grips...
Great performances and 'Yeezus' is an excellent title.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Totally agreeing with Fantano.
I'll definitely give it more listens (2 so far, liked it better the second time), but nothing besides 'Black Skinhead', 'New Slaves' and 'Bound2' is doing much for me.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdNaW1XoXK0
Crowd gets pretty hyped for a surprise Yeezy performance, at a Casey Veggies x Travi$ Scott concert yesterday.

Kanye with Casey from his Instagram.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Yeezus film directed by Hype Williams coming to theaters.

I doubt it'll make it to my side of the world but I'm excited for it to get the inevitable digital/physical release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Pusha T posted:

He was like, ‘Listen, I need more douchebag. I just need more douchebag.’ That became the mission statement. He made me rewrite it like four times or more.

• Locked thread