Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

The A-Team Van posted:

The more I listen to the new song, the more I am thinking that it sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZJ9f2lCKE

Oh wait...
I don't understand what you're referring to. I don't hear a similarity to any of the G.O.O.D. Friday songs, and in the first place the beat in the song you linked is an interpolation of the theme to Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Heard posted:

By the way, have any of you ever thought Kanye's music doesn't have good shelf life?

I listen to "Good Life", "Stronger", "Can't Tell Me Nothing", "Heard 'Em Say ft. Adam Levine", and it's dated! Those songs were hot for about six months. Now, forget about it.
If you're only listening to the hit singles, of course they're going to feel tied to a certain time. Are you giving any of the album tracks a chance? "Roses", IMO, is an absolute classic and I play it all the time.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 2, 2010

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

I'll just link my 'review' from another site here:
EDIT: no longer available

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 21, 2013

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Brett824 posted:

e: seriously gently caress AotL, worst track on the album.
Isn't it weird how different of an appeal "Lost in the World" and "All of the Lights" have even though they have similar aesthetics? I love the latter (especially the string intro), but I think the only bad track on the album is the former. You love the former, but hate the latter. I've noticed this with many reviews too.

But yea seriously that song has the easiest lyrics on the album to follow :confused:

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 17, 2010

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Bonye West posted:

Don't mind him, Heard has been trolling this entire thread. He gave the worst "praise" of anything I've ever read earlier and now he's doing this. He wants to be controversial like Kanye but he's not very good at it.
Ah poo poo, how did I not notice he's HikingLenoFan? Yea, he's a clown.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

maxnmona posted:

Neither album is doing anything new or innovative or hugely complex, so it comes down to taste.
I've seen many hip-hop heads at other forums say it's "groundbreaking", fwiw

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 23, 2010

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

maxnmona posted:

What, specifically, is groundbreaking or innovative? Those terms are overused to the point of losing their meaning because certain types of music fans can't seem to like an album unless they think it's doing something no one else has done before (almost no albums, even the great ones, have ever actually done something no one else has done before).
Guess I'll let their reviews speak for themselves:
http://rateyourmusic.com/review?id=33683538
http://rateyourmusic.com/review?id=33694520
I'm not saying anything. But there you have it.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

40 lbs to freedom posted:

if anyone has any tips on how to get into gorgeous, so appalled, and blame game i'd appreciate it. all three of those are so boring to me, but i wish i could like them as much as the rest of the album.
"Gorgeous"'s hook is infectious. I haven't listened to the album since the day of the explicit leak (it's been snowing hard so I had to order the CD from Amazon, getting it in today) and that was one of the moments that really stuck with me. "I will never ever let you live this down, down..."

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 24, 2010

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

The Singing Chav posted:

I thought everybody was exaggerating about the mastering of this poo poo. Then I listened to it on headphones. :wtf:

Now that I'm actually doing this myself, I'm the opposite--I thought it was going to bother me but it isn't. It actually adds to the out-of-focus, "tape" aesthetic of Monster (which is what the most people are complaining about).

btw n-thing the love for Jay-Z's verses on the album

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Well gently caress. That sure is one way to declare to the world that you're not becoming complacent with your sound.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Incorrect Username posted:

You press play for the first time, eagerly awaiting what must surely be the next level of hip hop... and loving Lift Off comes on.
I dunno man Lift Off is nearly next-level to my ears. Maybe the verses are just OK but I love Beyonce's chorus and that horn hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Tricerapowerbottom posted:

From the DEHH review, who's the "Blackie" group or MC that the guy is talking about in conjunction with Death Grips?
Haven't watched that video, but it's likely this B L A C K I E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaTToeWDHA

• Locked thread