Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Superchunk posted:

This is obviously an unmastered version. Kanye's vocals in the verses sound like he was just reading them off of paper as a placeholder for when he records the real vocals. I bet he drops the mastered version this Friday.

Yeah, this is probably true. I like the live version a whole lot better, but his delivery of "picture of my dick" on the studio one we have now is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
I'm a little disappointed we've heard like half these songs already. Only 6 of the tracks haven't been heard, and that's if you don't count the leaks.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
So is this out in stores yet? I'm holding off on hearing it until I can get my hands on a physical copy and reading this thread is pretty hard now. I heard some people say Monday but a couple people in here reported picking it up, I don't know.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Picked up the album today and I'm loving the hell out of it. I'm glad I held off on listening to it, All of the Lights is nuts. I'm probably pretty late to this party though. Sorry Kanye thread.

What's the deluxe edition supposed to have?

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Dead Snoopy posted:

Yeah why hasn't ehere been a video for this cd released yet?

And no I do not count Power because it's 30 seconds long. It's a glorified perfume as at best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5wkZ-dJXA

Listening to So Appalled, I love it but the track could've been so much better if RZA had actually dropped a verse.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Yeah that looks bad but I love the idea of Kanye being approached to produce a sketch comedy show and he demands "Naw, it's gotta have PUPPETS" and then dresses up as a stormtrooper.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

the Bunt posted:

Mercy has the best beat and hook I've heard in a while and I love Kanye's section...but holy moly nobody else puts it down at all and Big Sean slaughters the song (pejoratively) and brings it to a stop not even one minute in. Am I in the minority that I almost dislike every single person in the group besides Ye?

Yeah, pretty much. Not liking Big Sean I can get (although I love the Sarah Palin line) but Pusha T and 2 Chainz go hard on that track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Don't think this has been posted in here, but you can hear "To The World" here.

http://exclaim.ca/News/hudson_mohawke_collaborates_with_kanye_west_r_kelly_on_cruel_summer

I really dig it.

• Locked thread