Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I never deserted Kanye, new album is gonna be awesome just like all of his other albums. Late Registration > College Dropout > 808s > Graduation. Also I don't think it's called Good-rear end Job anymore but that's liable to change ten more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
There will never be another album that approaches being one of the biggest selling of all time. The biggest selling in the last 10 years, sure, he has as proven a track record as anybody.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Lost In The World was leaked without his approval, I think, he was tweeting about how upset he is that somebody put it out. Also we're being punished by being deprived of a Good Friday track this week as a result.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

PonchAxis posted:

Oh wow. Go cry about it some more Kanye. I'm really liking these songs, but posts like that remind me why I used to hate him.

Yeah, he owes you so much free music.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

powerful drum sound posted:

What font is that? Dream Kanye collabos would not be a bad meme.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Ye just tweeted the album title is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy which is such an awful, awful title.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Mutation posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040MZ1PI/ref=dm_dp_trk8

What the heck? (And this came out two months ago.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040MVU5S/ref=dm_sp_alb

??!?!?!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
We Major is on an entire 'nother level and everybody but me slept on it forever.

I was at a Q-Tip DJ gig where Kanye showed up and went and chilled in the DJ booth and Tip spun and rewound the track four times in a row and it was sublime.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
He took Monster off there?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Anyone that has told you that Kanye West isn't mostly likable is lying to you.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Wasn't it a Graduation bonus track?

also who cares

Edit: Yeah, Japanese Graduation release.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
He said he's gonna do G.O.O.D. Fridays until Christmas which is so ridiculous. Dude is producing quality stuff at an outrageous rate right now. So five or six more?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Rick Ross is pretty much awesome Iunno what y'all were on

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
"The prettiest people, do the ugliest things"

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
He wants Kanye to be the white man's wet dream and work with strictly backpack artists, creating the ultimate Conscious Hip-Hop Supergroup featuring The Roots, Aesop Rock and Girl Talk, instead of being a top-selling pop artist that produced a large proportion of Jay-Z's sickening Gangster hits and seems to be more interested in bridging the gap between Bon Iver and Rick Ross than giving Das Racist a leg up. Lupe's not on the album either.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

bows1 posted:

I don't see whats the great wordplay here, seems like a pretty standard line. I like it but I don't see what you mean

It also works because it's almost certainly a reference to his ex using money Kanye paid her as a confidentiality settlement. Like he's being blackmailed for her silence on his dirty secrets.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Yes? He's got mad punchlines, he has a natural affinity for double meanings.

Kanye has been underrated as an MC for a long time, check him on All Falls Down, Get 'Em High, Spaceship, Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Touch the Sky, Back Like That Remix, Throw Some D's Remix... I mean I don't doubt he works with writers but he's clearly a clever dude.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Just gonna stick this right about here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ct2z_kanye-west-hey-mama-live-grammy-200_music

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Q-Tip was tweeting earlier that Chain Gang Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend are going to be on the next pressing of the album as bonus tracks, though he isn't sure if Mama's Boyfriend is the version he (Tip) produced or the one Soulja Boy did.

Also no indication as to whether there will be even more bonus tracks or when the second pressing is gonna hit stores. Think I'm gonna wait for it to pick up my hard copy though.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I can definitely see Fest writing that line. Are you sure you've listened to much Rhymefest?

Edit: "Guns, sex, lies, videotape" sounds more like a Fest reference than a Kanye line.

Role Play McMurphy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 7, 2010

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
That's great. Between that and the bonus tracks Q-Tip promised, I'm glad I waited to pick up a physical copy.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
what a dumb opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

jngshin posted:

One thing that really irks me about this album is that he separated Lost in the World and the "Who Will Survive" performance.

It seems that originally, Who Will Survive was suppose to transition from Lost in the World (as it does on the Good Friday release). Try it out yourself, you'll see the transition is incredibly smooth and just works a thousand times better for both tracks.

lost in the world wasnt on good friday and there is an obviously intended transition on the album

• Locked thread