Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Here's the studio version of the song from the VMAs: http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2010/09/13/kanye-west-runaway/

Not the strongest we've heard, but it's... uh... interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Tony Jowns posted:

"Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!" sorta nws

what the HELL, kanye

I think he's implying that he wanted this to be the album art.

Yep.

Kanye West posted:

Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet it in a few...

In the 70s album covers had actual nudity... It's so funny that people forget that... Everything has been so commercialized now.

I know that cover just blew yall minds ... I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm kind of disappointed that basically all of the non-Rihanna singers on All of the Lights have about ten seconds of play. I guess an Elton John hook was too much to ask for :sigh:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Another Good Friday track :psyduck:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Like the ending of the album?

Check out the original. Brilliant use by Kanye.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I think the aesthetics of it loving rule, it's just a little too minimal for me. Not really down with the long shots of the one girl dancing, though I thought the group dance at the end was cool. The "city shots" were really gorgeous.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Me in Reverse posted:

I'm In It is not good.

"Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign" disagrees :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TNGHT played Blood on the Leaves tonight during their set at Central Park and it loving slayed. Kanye needs to tour on this album ASAP. If Huson Mohawke Lunice lip syncing can make people lose their minds, Ye actually performing it will be a straight-up apocalyptic sight.

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 7, 2013

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Kendrick calls himself the king of New York, then doesn't show at either of the NYC shows :smith:

gently caress. Gonna see Ye either way, but still bummed.

I've never been to either MSG or Barclays - which is gonna be a better show?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Since the floor was out at Barclay's for me, I ended up doing 100-level seats at MSG. Hopefully section 104 will be a good spot :ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Beautiful piano + Charlie Wilson version of New Slaves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNxVNog2Qdw

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Postponed indefinitely :smith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

Wow. Can you get a refund if you bought them at 186? I'm going to assume not, take the L, and enjoy myself.

It feels even worse if you bought Madison Square Garden seated tickets for $185 :smithicide:

e: seriously, I even live closer to Barclays than I do to MSG. I have never felt more loving stupid in my life, ugh

badson posted:

I saw the Bound 2 video on Ellen. First time I've ever heard a Kan

what the gently caress goon regularly watches Ellen

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 20, 2013

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

They're handing out ponchos at MSG :ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The ponchos were never used. On the other hand, Kanye did lead a chant to get Eric Schmidt to invest in DONDA :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Concert went well despite the injury. Everything was awesome except for the 20 minute rant about shoes and Nike that I imagine was because of him breaking ties with them in the last few days.

He did this at MSG too, rants about stupid business bullshit are just part of The Kanye Experience(tm)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the gently caress is this

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

like drat I liked 808s and I liked Only One a lot but that track is a loving Plain White Ts song with autotune

though I do dig the irony of Kanye going from the most aggressive music he's ever made straight to Jams for Moms

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if anyone's really jonesin' for a ye verse he's got one at the end of this pretty good Big Sean song

https://soundcloud.com/evrydy/big-sean-blessings-feat-drake

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Ye showed up a good minute and a half late to his own song lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I like the new(?) synths in this version of Cold

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

echronorian posted:

they keep Ye's mic 60% louder than anyone elses lol

still has better audio than what I'd expect from a rap show in NYC :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ahaha what even hosed up so bad that he ran it back? I missed something

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

It was always set to be 8-9 I think. probably hard to go over when you're playing in Madison Square Park tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I hated Drunk and Hot Girls at first, then I liked it a lot because I liked how weird and out there the production was, then I kind of hated it again when I found out it was pretty much a straight sample of a Can song, and now I like it a whole lot because I realized how loving crazy it is that Kanye built that song around a loving Can sample. Also I like the cheesy strings he added, makes it feel like a weird off-kilter suspense movie soundtrack or something, which is hilarious given the lyrics

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

setafd posted:

okay the Can sample connection is pretty hot but the lyrics he puts to it are just .......... they needed more time in the oven or something

they are far from the worst lyrics on an album that also includes lines like "Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike/well I'll do anything for a blonde dyke/and she'll do anything for the limelight/and we'll do anything when the time's right"

like, at least Drunk and Hot Girls is a charming lyrical trainwreck, which fits the theme of the song

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Yeezus isn't my favorite album but his SNL performance is the best thing he's ever done imho

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

had a ticket in my cart for that MSG thing but couldn't justify $100 to sit in the upper bowl for an event that seemed composed of "listening to a record and also there will be an art lady"

by comparison upper bowl tickets for the Yeezus Tour were like $110-130 lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/697594391213535232

I trust Push with all my rap opinions. He has let me down

It's not even out yet smdh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/KarenCivil/status/697891754897448964

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oh drat the Taylor lyric was real

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this beat rules tho

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well that's an abrupt ending

Hahahaha a fuckin' Mail.app sample

I don't think that was a sample, he's playing it off a laptop

dude needs to put that poo poo in do not disturb mode

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh my god, this poo poo is so unprofessional lol

don't worry it's not like tickets were $120 or something

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

fuuuuuuuck

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

weird messy short album which shouldn't really surprise anyone coming off the back of Yeezus

pitchfork will give it a 7.5, many people will talk about how they don't like it, a few people will still defend it, I'll probably listen to it a bunch. he'll do a massively successful tour off of it even without any successful singles

could see them someday releasing a deluxe version with All Day, No More Parties, and the other singles on it

I'd rather Kanye make weird poo poo that doesn't quite work like this than fall into boring pop-rap like Jay-Z any day though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh yeah this is my favorite Ye track of the last couple years and I want it to get released

though I think I saw that it was just him autotune riffing over an existing house track or something?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: HOLD UP THUG WANNA PLAY SOME NEW poo poo :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

dudes just running their tapes on thumb drives up to kanye

• Locked thread