Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Is it possible to say "Yeezy" three times fast without sounding incredibly stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Graduation is a straight up bad album and nowhere near the caliber of anything else Kanye has done. How about that new album, though? Anybody want to rank songs? The whole thing is a mess so it switches really fast between amazing and not very good, just a whole bunch of times. From best to worst:

1. Ultralight Beam
2. Real Friends
3. FML
4. Feedback
5. Fade
6. 30 Hours (minus the second half)
7. Freestyle 4 (minus the first half)
8. No More Parties In LA
9. Famous (minus the first half)
10. Waves
11. Highlights
12. Father Stretch My Hands Part 2
13. Part 1
14. Wolves
15. Facts

Plus those filler things.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Yeezus is an actual masterpiece, like those ones Rembrandt did.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

The_Rob posted:

Bound 2 and I can't handle my liquor rules too.

Those are actually the worst two songs on the album, but you're still right that they rule. That's the level of Yeezus' greatness.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

The_Rob posted:

Who else with kanye's notoriety is doing what he does?

You didn't mention notoriety, you said *literally the only musician* which is insane.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

He got Caroline Shaw to do Sia's part.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

rear end Catchcum posted:

What's a good Tyler album to start with

Wolf. Bastard has some good tracks but don't bother with Goblin at all, it's tiresome poo poo.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Also it should be played in clubs so I can dance to it.

Fade's whole problem for me is that its beat is so awkward and utterly lacking in groove. I can't imagine dancing to it. It's badly made house music.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

I love the broken Kanye, the always cokin' Kanye.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Fauxshiz posted:

Because you can't dance to it, according to some idiot a few pages ago.

In fact you'd be hardpressed to dance to any song on TLOP, but my comment was for Fade. Facts is bad for worse reasons.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

T r a v i s posted:

Outkast and J-Live are good but I'm not going to lie that's honestly not a very exciting list of hip hop artists, there isn't anything on there I would say is essential. You pretty much can't go wrong with most stuff from before the past couple years when the industry figured out that homosexuality is like catnip to white people and they want to roll around on Thug's dress and rub their faces on it.

I was reading the first sentence of this T r a v i s post and I wondered why there wasn't anything bigoted yet.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Bigass Moth posted:

On another topic, what do you think is Kanye worst song from his albums? I never liked Addiction or Blame Game.

Those are two really solid songs. Worst is more like Drunk and Hot Girls.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

I was never sure if Pusha T on Runaway was just a really out of place verse, or if he was actually trying to be an example of a douchebag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Hm, well that's on the nose isn't it. It's just that a lot of guest verses reflect the guest's style more than the song's style, and all of Pusha's Clipse verses I've heard sound exactly like his ultra-douchebag verse. So the intentions of it weren't too effective for me.

• Locked thread