Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

F201 posted:

Do we know if Jon Brion is involved in this album or not?

Yes, in much the same way that he almost ruined Lord, Lord, Lord. His production can be great but he is an abysmal MC.

Yes! When he was on the MTV awards it was so horrible, he had nothing to add to the song at all. People need to stop adding their friends to tracks if they don't can't rap or sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

the Bunt posted:

As for the movie, I love love love it...but man, he should have just made it dialogue-free. I really dug the first line "First rule of this world baby, don't pay attention to anything you see on the news!", but everything after that was hamfisted and cringeworthy.
This is how I felt about the video, I watched three times and I just felt myself tense up when the phoenix spoke. I wish he had incorporated more of the elements the Power video had into Runaway.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

Can somebody please explain how the bird and monkey comment are supposed to be related to Amber Rose? She said that was supposed to be her at the dinner but I can't see how it relates to her. I can on the other hand see how the end is his pre-fame girlfriend.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

Lyrics to Blame Game

quote:

You weren’t perfect but you made life worth it
Stick around, some real feelings might surface
Been a long time since I spoke to you in a bathroom gripping you up and choking you
What the hell was I supposed to do
I know you ain’t getting this type of dick from that local dude
And if you are I hope you are have a good time
Cause I’ll definitely be having mine

And you ain’t finna see a mogul get emotional
Every time I hear bout other nigga’s stroking you
Might say I hit you
He sitting there consoling you
Rubbing my name through the mud
Who’s provoking you
You should be grateful a nigga like me ever noticed you
Now you noticeable and can’t nobody get control of you
1 AM and can’t nobody get a hold of you
I’m calling your brother’s phone like what was I supposed to do
Even though I knew, he never told the truth
He was just gon’ say whatever you gon’ told him to
At a certain point I had to stop asking questions
Ya’ll got dirt on each other like mud wrestlers
I heard he bought some coke with my money
That ain’t right girl
You getting blackmailed for that white girl
You always said “Yeezy, I aint you’re right girl”
“Probably find one of them ‘I like art’ type girls”
All of the lights, she was caught in the hype girl
And I was satisfied being in love with the lie
And who to blame, you to blame, me to blame
For the pain and it poured every time it rained

Listen here: http://youraudiofix.com/2010/11/09/exclusive-kanye-west-feat-john-legend-blame-game/

That must have been one bitter rear end break up. I like John Legend but the ending could have been cut. I wish they stuck with the original album cover, I hope it gets released with it in Europe.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

I really like all the songs but Power is my favorite. I don't like skits but that Chris Rock bit is at the end so it will be easy to just skip to the next song. Did people really say Kanye was racist after what happened at the VMA's? I didn't see it at all as something racial.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

Jay has been phoning it in for a while now which is too bad because I like him too. I can't compare Kanye and Big Boi because they are just real different. Depending on mood I'll play one of them or The Roots. That is what is so drat great about hip-hop is that it is so varied and there is something to play for every day and mood.

I have an album of all the music he sampled a couple years ago and it introduced me to some artiest I never heard of before. This is why hip-hop will never die, it adapted to the times, it appeals to many rich poor black white Asian Arab it is international. Right now I can turn to the French MTV and hear from hip-hop, same for my German and Turkish channels. A Dutch rapper Brainpower did a duet with Nas and I love it.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

It was filmed in Prague (great city to visit) and I thought it was more about him and his relationships. The phoenix was supposed to represent the different women in his life.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

I love Hell of a Life and Devil In a Blue Dress. I've heard of Rick Ross before but this was my first time hearing him on a track. I agree that the Chris Rock bite could have been cut. I've never been a fan of skits or other will jokey stuff on albums.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

While I don't love the Rock thing, as I said earlier, it's not supposed to be a skit or jokey. It's a direct follow up to the last few lines of the song, about how her phone called him back while she was with another guy, and he heard her entire conversation with some other dude (Rock).
I know this but I think it was one of the weakness things on the album. I wish I had the ability to cut it from my CD. When I buy a music CD I just want music. I don't need or want some talking, skits, jokes, follow up or background ramblings. Pure music.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

This is the only album since A Long Hot Summer came out that I never skip a track. Even Rihanna's no singing rear end on All of The Lights grew on me. This is my favorite album by him, I just couldn't get into 808. Maybe I should give it another try.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

God drat that cover is tacky as hell.

I agree with you, on the monitor it didn't look so bad but the picture shows it looks like crap. Oh how I wish people would lay off that Illuminati crap with these two!

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

I don't see how any of those expect #18 could be ready to wear.
Slowly, very slowly, WTT is growing on me. I can't help but start to dance to Primetime. Yeah I get stares but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

I am just glad he won something for this album which was great. Still playing it weekly.

• Locked thread