Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I made this for the RLM thread but it can apply here too I guess: Special Ed(itions).gif

A question I have: Why are Jedi so attached to lightsabers as weapons? I know the Lucas Reason (SPACE KNIGHTS!), but why would they consider one particular weapon the best for their needs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Are there any good EU books out for Kindle? When I searched for Star Wars most of it was LotF stuff, which thanks to this thread I know to stay far away from.

Also,

sniper4625 posted:

- The original R2-D2: dead, replaced by replica

When did this happen?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Maybe he (Darth Maul) just seems comparatively awesome because he doesn't open his mouth, therefore isn't injected with a million lines of stupid dialog.

Clemen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEZvzYxROA

Thats a pretty intense lightsaber fight. (Better than some of the movies)

They still seem too much like they're trying to hit the lightsaber instead of the guy. I was about 2 minutes in when I stopped because the one guy was fighting with his back turned to the other guy.

Also, why the hell does Anakin buy Palpatine's poo poo at the end of RotS? He's SHOOTING LIGHTNING FROM HIS FINGERS AT THE JEDI AND ALL THE JEDI DOING IS BLOCKING. Yet Palps is just "oh no i'm dyiing from my own lightning". Geez the PT is so dumb.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Lobster Fancy posted:

Why doesn't he stop lightning-ing himself when it starts melting his face, or was he trying to make some kind of point? I'm pretty sure he had won over Anakin at that point without having to permanently disfigure himself.

Yes but he was trying to convince Anakin that he was the one being attacked :psyduck:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Why is ABY the galatic standard for time? Sure it's a big win but it's not the winning factor against the Empire.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Really? Come on, man. A fat guy hilariously named Porkins who dies after 2 lines isn't a "Stronger character."

That's EU-level stuff of making a background character into something "deeper" and projecting big time.

Truth be told, they both die after 2 lines. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Can this be canon? Please?

If TFU is canon, the Jar Jar bit is :v: Some Imperial who hunted wookies and other sentient things had him hanging on his wall.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

arioch posted:

In the "remastered" ROTJ after the second Death Star explodes and they do the Ewok bonfire stuff it goes through a montage of celebrations on different plants seen in the movies. On Naboo you can clearly hear a gungan screaming "WEESA FREE!!!!!" making that the final spoken line in the entire 6 movies.

The final Basic languange line.

Chewbacca gets final audible lines. :colbert:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Diacritical Mark posted:

I think in that instance it didn't completely cauterize Darth Maul's wounds.

It's screwed up that I didn't understand anything going on in TPM until I read the novelization and Cloak of Deception. Basically, in the year leading up to TPM (spoilers for the book, I guess):

It kind of makes you wonder whether it was supposed to be that way from the beginning, or if the EU had to make up that convoluted mess to try to make sense of the convoluted mess that is in the film :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

sniper4625 posted:

Is anyone surprised? I'm not.

Look for a Starkiller cameo.

Yep. "Perfected".

Article posted:

Part One, “The Phantom Menace,” would be first out of star-dock in the early months of 2012. After that, each of the films would be released in order at the same time each consecutive year, depending on how well the first re-release does.

I'm sure they planned it this way, so they won't have to do 2-6 :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

You decide:

"Lost the will to live? What kind of poo poo is that?! This is terrible writing."

Even Vader can't fathom Lucas :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I already got a sneak peek trailer at Star Wars 3D! Get your 3D specs!

Phantom Menace 3D trailer! In Youtube 3D!

I made it back when they were announced, figure it's relevant again now that we have a date

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

It's not even true anaglyph. At least I had the decency to make fun of Star Wars in actual working 3D. :colbert:

I'd make a parody 3D trailer for the other two prequels but I don't even want to skim through episode 2 much less find scenes that would "benefit" from my 3D vision.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Crowetron posted:

Kyle loving Katarn was much more known for his blaster than his saber. Also, there was that one time he punched Krayt dragons to death with his bare loving hands.

That part of the game made me feel 100x more badass than anything Force Unleashed ever did.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Hazo posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Pretty sure that Timmy is that monkey they use as their mascot.

I just read Heir to the Empire for the first time. It was on my library's Overdrive section. I had read the comics before, but the books seem much better. Now I am on the long waiting list for the second book. Maybe I should just give in and buy the Kindle versions :v:

I just wish I knew which of the Star Wars books my library has on Overdrive are the good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

drat it. :(

YouTube posted:

Dear <Kazy>

We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from Lucasfilm Ltd claiming that this material is infringing:

Star Wars The Phantom Menace 3D Trailer (Youtube 3D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKfy-lbDNw

They haven't gotten the baked-in 3D one yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgb3i61P9Aw