Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
The EU (chronologically):
1992:

The Lost City of the Jedi

1993:

Queen of the Empire

1995:

Darksaber

Assault at Selonia

1996:

Shadows of the Empire

Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand

The Envoy from Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith

2010:

The Force Unleashed 2

Jervas Dudley fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Crowetron posted:

How about Wedge.jpg

That's a good idea. In this spirit, Katarn.gif:

I had to shrink and mutilate this one to get it to fit on waffle:

the full video

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Maybe it's easier to run and jump with it held backwards like that? It points the blade slightly more away from the body. Especially with that weird crouched ninja run.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bene Elim posted:

Imagine if the KotOR I ending had been DS, then KotOR II could have been tearing down game 1. Same with Dark Forces (the one where the DS leaves Emperor Katarn on the throne).

At the beginning of KotOR II there's a conversation where you basically tell the game how KotOR ended. That one guy (name escapes me) says something like "She whooped that rear end and rode off into the sunset a hero." Then you can agree or respond variations of the PC's alignment and gender like "I heard HE was A SITH" and he says "Whoops, my bad, thought a chick sounded cooler!"

The dark side ending of Jedi Knight was loving awesome. I was pretty disappointed with TFU's dark side ending. I haven't played the DLC, but it sounds awesome. They know the dark side stuff isn't canon so why not go crazy.

I don't see why they bothered making any of TFU canon, the nerds who give a poo poo about canon are pissed off by it and nobody else would care one way or the other. I can't see Starkiller ever showing up in any other works. Beyond "really strong, like you wouldn't even believe how strong he is" force user and chump pawn does he even have a character?

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Haha, awesome. It is the first and second Monkey Island Remakes instead of Jedi Knight. STEAM fooled me good.

They're the special editions with updated graphics(original and special edition) and voiceovers. I bought them, I enjoyed Tales of Monkey Island and hadn't played the originals.

Somebody mentioned the layoffs at Lucasarts a while ago and something about stopping external development. Has there been any more news about what this means for Lego Star Wars and possible future Telltale Monkey Island games?

Does anyone else think Lego The Force Unleashed would be a lot of fun? How about Lego New Jedi Order? I think a series of Lego Star Wars games based on some of the worst parts of the EU would be great.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Well I just found the only redeeming part of TFU II.

You fight like a nerf herder.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Heinlein wasn't crazy yet when he wrote that. Most of his later stuff is however unreadable poo poo where he rambles on for chapters about vague concepts and nothing of meaning ever happens.

Have you read For Us the Living? Heinlein's first novel written in 1938. He never wanted it to be published. It more or less shows that he didn't really go crazy, he was kind of always crazy. I still really like him. Kind of hard not to, he was too big a part of my childhood.

mojo1701a posted:

Is it the simplistic black-and-white/good guys vs. bad guys nature of Star Wars that attracts these kind of people?

Lord of the Rings has a white supremacist following. Fantasy worlds tend to appeal to people with extreme non-mainstream views. It's like if a bunch of flat earth people got really into Discworld. The world is constructed (or can be construed) so that they're right. There is objective good and evil in both and in the case of LotR, the evil is a different race.

Captain von Trapp posted:

Can't be. Traviss if anything bent the morality lines the hardest in her novels, and I think it's her fans who generally get accused of wacky politics.

But really the posted TFN excerpts are pretty tame. It's wildly right-wing by SA standards, but SA needs to get out more.

I think Traviss gets a pass because of the strong military themes. That leads to a lot of support from the same people who thought Starship Troopers was good model for society. In case anyone is confused, I'm pretty sure Heinlein thought of Starship Troopers as at least somewhat dystopian. If you've only seen the movie, he probably would have thought the movie version of human society was fascist and horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

NeonTurtle posted:

some creepy old man

I think this is one spot where the Clone Wars CG cartoon helps a bit. I've only watched the first season so far, but it gave me the impression Anakin saw Palpatine as a father figure. Which Palpatine used to manipulate him. RotS made more sense that way, Anakin felt insulted by the Jedi and when forced chose Palpatine.

I can't remember who said it, but someone (I think the last thread) said Anakin had borderline personality disorder.

DSM IV-TR posted:

A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image and affects, as well as marked impulsivity, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
  • A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
  • Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
  • Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
  • Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.
    Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
  • Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms

The idealization/devaluation dichotomy would explain his attitude towards both the Jedi and Padme. They're not perfect so they're worthless to him. Paranoia and inappropriate anger are also fairly obvious.