Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
This guy was telling me there was a comic where darth maul actually isn't dead and comes back to Tatooine to kill Obi and he has MECHANICAL KANGAROO LEGS. I can't loving find this anywhere and it sound too stupid not to read. Local comic book guy didn't have a clue. Is this a thing?

Also, I have like literal days of driving ahead of me... this is kind of obscure but can anyone recommend a well read star wars audio book of a well written star wars book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

DorianGravy posted:

Wookieepedia to the rescue again. Apparently the comic is called "Old Wounds."

Fantastic!

I like how his horns got bigger to compensate for losing his junk (Thanks a lot DorianGravy, I really appreciate it).

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Are there any official books or comics or anything with force using people loving? Like, a saucy sex scene? I would prefer if they used the force somehow in the loving but it's not required. I'm not trying to be all "shocking and edgy" with this question, It just came up talking to a friend today, and although we havn't read that much outside material we couldn't think of anything. Like, A. Skywalker doesn't really count because it's only AND NOW I'M PREGNANT, and there's no romantic scene implying conception.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Before they have sex, Mara says something like, "I can call you Master like you like."

That's loving hot.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I've never followed Star Wars too closely but is it just me or does everyone, and by that I mean the audience, George Lucus, sith, jedi, farmers and the rest of the galaxy hate Tusken Raiders/Sandpeople more than anything ever? At the start of the first movie they're being a bunch of douche bags and Luke/Obiwan hate them, Anakin genocides them and the audience/Amadala are kind of like "Oh well", in KOTOR asking a player to not murder their entire village is kind of like telling someone not to worry about stepping on sidewalk cracks. I can't turn off that part of my brain, I can't stop thinking about killing them.

In basically every instance they show up they are ground into the dirt or made to look like a bunch of assholes. I mean, even Vadar, who is the murderhate machine, I can feel sympathy for and understand he is a product of nature/environment but you could line a dunebuggy's tires with Tusken Babies before pulling figure 8's in a parking lot full of broken bottle glass and I'd feel about as bad as if I saw any other character in the movie drop an icecream cone. They just aren't humanized or sympathized in the slightest. Even in the one game where you play as Kyle you mindlessly cut them down like soulless machine foot solders for the TMNT cartoons. This would almost make sense if they were some mindless, community-less entities of pure hatred like daemons from some terrible dimension or robots unable to feel love or fear but that isn't the case at all. They are biological beings surviving in the desert who dwell in family units and presumably feel love, loss, loathing, desire, lust and all the other human emotions any other primitive society should. They're not evil, they're just survivors in one of the most ruthless desert terrains in the galaxy. Why are they always meat for hategrinder?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I thought they were actually done pretty well in KOTOR, in exchange for not keeping the pearl from the krayt dragon HK-47 translates pretty much their whole history and traditions and stuff for you from their history guy.

You know what, my Kotor part of that might not be fair then! I only watched the let's play linked in the OP and that got me REALLY excited to kill sandpeople.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

So does the technology used in lightsabers get used anywhere else in the galaxy? Seems that beams of light that can cut through literally everything to ever exist might have some practical or industrial applications. Maybe even use in the home? I mean, it's not like you even need to hook that poo poo into it's iLightsaber dock at night to let it charge or anything, it just keeps going and burning forever. Couldn't you basically use them for free energy? Or even the most useful factory tool ever for say... cutting up pieces of metal quickly with almost no cost after the initial purchase? It seems like possibly the greatest discovery/technology to ever be invented but... I haven't seen anything that isn't in sword, staff, retarded armor spikes or any other direct melee thing that uses it. And in ep. 1 when they're cutting through those doors to get to the aliens that ordered them gassed, they all seemed so stuncocked and surprised that the lightsabers could cut through their doors. It's like no one knows about these things at all? Everyone seems to know who a Jedi is but I guess they don't really get that their swords can cut through anything?

Those things have been around forever, why has no one figured to use this stuff for anything but a weapon? Have the Jedi's kept them secret that long, and if so, wouldn't hiding such an amazing technology be like holding back the cure for AIDS since they could potentially be so useful?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

arioch posted:

If you're in a galaxy with 200 million inhabitable planets (I think? who cares) and there are 20000 Jedi Knights, would you give a rat's rear end whether or not a lightsaber can cut through your 3' thick armor plated door?

If I was doing stuff that would attract their attention, sure.
There are so many uses for a forever hot never needs recharging super portable thing though, besides doors.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

arioch posted:

Then you're quite simply doing it wrong.

The real explanation is that lightsabers are just a special weaponized application of a technology that is already widely available. And if anybody who's coming at you who has that technology and doesn't know how to use it as a weapon, you'd simply shoot him.

I wasn't talking about weapons at all though, but your explanation that's it's a technology in use that (maybe you're not implying this) doesnt seem obviosly aparent makes enough sense I guess.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

In some scifi, cross species gently caress like it isn't a thing at all. I noticed there doesn't seem to be a lot of interspecies romance in SW, but it might be because I've mostly just seen the movies and all I remember is a bunch of different species getting hard for that twilik dancer at Jaba's. Does it ever happen? Is it frowned upon? Do people ever have species mingled children? If so, is it mostly similar species like Zabrak and Human or can super longneck Jedi council guy have a run at some sweet Ewok honey?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

You have just opened Pandora's Box. There's no going back now, Harvey Mantaco.

Han on Greedo, the only time he wouldn't shoot first :colbert:.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

That Awful Nick posted:

It's just a little too weird to picture people getting nasty with an orange cat-person.

Yeah. Maybe.

...For a heteronormative monospeciel bigot.

Your not going to stop me from drawing my Hutt/Rancor foot worship fetish series no matter how much of your hate you throw at me.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Between reading that and The Island of Dr. Moreau, anthropomorphic animals will always give me nightmares :gonk:

Things I loved as a child ruined by anthrosexualism:

Sonic
Biker mice from mars
Ninja turtles
Street sharks
Were wolves
Star wars

They have taken everything from me.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

That reminds me of something I was thinking of the other day. The application of the force in sex seems like it would be a big deal to me. Affecting the mind, which is such a huge part of sex, levitation loving, crazy stamina. And don't even call me sick; sex aids/products/pills sell and are a huge part of every world economy that will allow it. Is there any canon force-assisted sex? It's honestly the first thing I'd do.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

NeonTurtle posted:

That smuggler is one slick motherfucker. Anything with him in it is the best part of the trailer. From wearing a goddamned cowboy hat in Star Wars to blowing away Sith Soldiers with a freaking pistol while the actual soldiers are having trouble, he's awesome. The Live Action series needs to be about this guy.

But where are his vulnerabilities?
Look at Han, he was vulnerable to love, and found it, but stumbled around the princess like an rear end in a top hat, he was ruthlessly badass even through his capture, but he was captured. He overcame everything in the end, not because he could shoot space lasers and wore a cool hat, he did because he was a devil-may-care rogue who developed as a person. He's what you want to be in your imagination, he flys a starship... But is somehow relatable. I look at cowboy bebop there and all I see is more prequel FX with no point or imagination. A final fantasy character with a gun.nits just more lights and high space fashion, it's loving boring :(

I'm just super cautious after watching the prequels I guess...

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Does anyone remember a book that was released, I thought it looked like some sort of horror survival story except there was a bloody stormtrooper helmet on what appeared to be (maybe?) a bloody hook on the cover? It was a long time ago and I saw it in Rome of all places and forgot about it until this morning.

Was it any good? Has there ever been other attempts to play around with other genres in a Starwars book (not talking about little subplot tangents here, but I mean, instead of standard Sci-Fi adventure, they're full blown Star Wars book plots around horror, murder mystery, Noir etc.) If so, have they been good? They might be in the (amazing) OP already, but it's hard to tell if they're what I'm looking for or not.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Thanks guys, and my god those books look bad. The wiki says half of them basically lack a plot arc? Ok.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They couldn't fire earlier because the plant Yavin was in the way. They had to move around it before they could hit the moon. Who knows what shooting a gas giant with a space death laser would do.

Didn't the USA think that dropping the bomb on Hiroshima could possibly ignite the earth’s atmosphere, killing everyone on the planet, but they were like "Meh"?

I don't know why the Empire wouldn't just pull way back and do the equivalent of shooting an explosive can kind of from behind a tree or something... but in space. Just back the gently caress up, no, farther Ted, listen I want us to get waaaaay back, behind that star kind of over there. Yeah, that’s good man. Can we go back any farther? No? Ok, start with a little laser, yeah, just throw that poo poo in there. Yeeeaaaahhhh nice Ted, that was good. Ok let’s AMP IT UP. *BOOM*. gently caress YES TED, WRITE THAT poo poo DOWN IN YOUR JOURNAL.

I mean, that is some solid science right there. Shoot, observe and report. Seems like something I'd want to know about my death laser.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

His shirt in ESB when he's frozen is different than when he is unfrozen in ROTJ.

Maybe Jabba unfroze him when he got him so he could go "Haha got you rear end in a top hat" and had some people slap him around, then after a while they let him get dressed in whatever clothes were around and then refWHY AM I DOING THIS what is it about Star Wars that makes me want to rationalize stupid poo poo? Goddamn it. I honestly started typing that out wanting to rationalize it but as I got to about "dressed in whatever clothes" I just got angry.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Yeah, I know, and I totally feel for the guy. To be best remembered for a summer blockbuster when you've worked on some truly great movies in the past must be a bit of a bummer.

I noticed with a lot of "hated" big movies that the actors can often hate the films themselves. Big example would be Robert Paterson. Christ, no one hates Twilight more than R-patz, I wish I could dislike the guy, because disliking him feels so good, but some of the really candid things he's said calling the author a creepy dork and calling his fans psychotic idiots is funny as hell. Are there any good clips of Guiness bitching about Star Wars?

Just in franchise scorn.
\/

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Are there full on official language guides for Star Wars races like in Avatar and Star Trek? How detailed are they? Could I learn to speak jabanese or salatiun crumbish or maybe ewokie talkie?

In theory.

I'm sure there's fan stuff, but have they done anything that is official?