Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

side_burned posted:

while the thread is kind of on the subject of Qui-Gon, has Lucas ever said why he created that character. Qui-Gon seemed hugely inconsequential to me.

I think he just forgot about Obi-Wan having said that he was Yoda's student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
^^^Yep, that's him.

Slantedfloors posted:

Correct:

Remember, no matter how retarded it is, Star Wars has done it.

I'm pretty sure he's actually human.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Bene Elim posted:

Is Lucas actually trying to bury the OT and set the PT up as definitive Star Wars now? Is that what we're heading for?

Honestly, I think he really does believe it's better, and that's not just something he's said for whatever reason.

DrWhom posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

:stare:
I know Wookiepedia has far creepier poo poo than this, but a super close up of some actress' belly button is really loving weird.

I don't think I'd want to know what could be creepier.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Der Luftwaffle posted:

If I'm being fair, I shouldn't really complain about Traviss because it could have been even worse. Whoever did the Mass Effect novels must have been using unholy magic to get those steaming turds published.

That would be none other than Drew Karpyshyn, the main writer for the storylines of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

That bad huh?

Yeah, yeah they are.

It's amazing he has a job involving writing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Was that the same guy who tried to rebut the review but it became apparent he wasn't really paying attention to it or wasn't understanding the criticism. And then it was revealed that he named his son Anakin so he wasn't exactly unbiased.

I think we're getting our fanboys mixed up.

The guy who named his son Anakin did five parts of a seven part rebuttal (I think) he never finished, while the 100 page one was some 'big time poster' on stardestroyer.net.