Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
Anyone know if TIE Fighter works with Vista?

Thinking about digging out my copy but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

Is this the DOS TIE Fighter CD or the Win95 disc?

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit?

There's different things you need to do depending on the answers to those questions.

DOS

32 bit vista

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

Ninja_Orca posted:

This guys back story and what he did in the book is even more retarded then the picture. I remember reading it and how vague everything was when the author was writing his parts. I think I read the first couple of paragraphs and then skipped the rest of it.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
Regarding the whole "its his right to change his own film" I look at it like this: Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa and by all rights he can do whatever he wants with it. But if he took a huge poo poo on it and then rubbed his lovely rear end all over it, we all have the right to get pissed at him because he took something beautiful and totally ruined it.

Just because he has the rights doesn't make it right.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
In the OP there's a link to a LP of KOTOR which links to a strange page that has an IP address as the webpage address and doesn't show me as being signed into SA and all the links are dead. Can anyone tell what's up with that?

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
I can't believe how amazing the Falcon looks on the blue ray. It really goes to show how much work was put into making the sets and props for ESB.

I also noticed something kinda funny. When the two stormtroopers drop Han into the prison cell after he's been tortured, Han nearly knocks off one of the troopers helmet with his arm. The stormtrooper struts out of the room like nothing happened.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Watching ESB now and it does look amazing.

Complaint. Out of all the fixed/changed things, Luke running out of wampa cave still has the lightsaber deactivating sound. wtf?

I noticed there's still quite a few scenes in space where you can plainly see the discoloration around ships from the special effects process. It's pretty jarring actually.

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off. Lucas goes through the hassle of making Jabba's door bigger, adding loving rocks, and a screaming Vader but he can't be bothered to do the things that would legitimately make the films look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
I'm looking to get TIE Fighter Collectors Edition up and running. Anyone know what I need to have to do this? I don't want to google it because I don't feel like sorting through a billion forums and sites when a goon might already know what's best.