Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

RADIOHEADISGOD posted:

That's what I thought, but then Han mocks both Obi-Wan and Luke for believing in it.

Then again, I guess he does come to "believe," so to say, based on the fact his entire family becomes Jedis.

Han was basically being a "Heh, Deal With it :smug:" atheist at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

At the time, whose word did we have that the planet was peaceful? Just Leia's - for all audiences knew, she could have been lying and Alderaan could have been a hotbed of dissension, armed to the teeth. In that context, the destruction of the world could have been justified.

Nah that'd still be pretty evil.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Someone over in CD posted this link that I think everyone in this thread would enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxf1c3fzDOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Jervas Dudley posted:

Maybe it's easier to run and jump with it held backwards like that? It points the blade slightly more away from the body. Especially with that weird crouched ninja run.

Wookiepedia says its used for wide, long slashes with the "blade". Given that the blade weighs nothing too it can be used as a longer parrying/blocking tool.

Also it looks cool.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, I thought you were kidding about that. The Wookieepdia article on Quinlan Vos just mentions a couple of encounters with a young Han, but doesn't say anything about erasing memories. Where does this come from?

If that's actually true, it's going to be filed away in my "didn't actually happen" folder in my P-canon.

If you read the article for the comic it was in (Ghost, I think) it says this is not canon anyway so we're safe this time.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, fair point. I just like bringing up Kuat8 whenever possible.

I'm really tired of all these Kuating star wars

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Such a rich universe :allears:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

This thread spends way too long getting all angry at the EU, being pissed off at horrible video games and cartoons. Lets just for a moment kick back and remember the three movies we all really love :unsmith: when was the first time you watched star wars?

Mine was when I was like, 8 or 9. We borrowed the tapes (in that sweet box with Vader's face on it) from a friend and I watched all three over 2 nights. I loved them at the time, even though I guess they were the ones that Lucas had added loads of poo poo into (and included a mini-documentary at the start of each one explaining where he'd added poo poo). I really loved Star Wars from that point on, I even watched Phantom Menace and "enjoyed" it. I just couldn't do it with Clone wars.

since then I've watched those three movies hundreds of times. Watched all their influences (Hidden Fortress) and they still hold a special place for me, probably still one of my favourite movie series.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

DougieC posted:

I think that overall the video games are a highlight of Star Wars media, perhaps the highlight.

I was specifically talking about the amazing Starkiller, God of the Force and instigator of all things in the Star Wars universe.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Bene Elim posted:

Sorry to bang this drum again, but no, it is in no way better. Reverse grip is pretty terrible as a style. It takes twice as long to learn and gives at very best a two second tactical advantage when you turn the thing on. Lastly; NO IT DOES NOT LOOK COOLER.

quick gettin mad at lightsabres

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

watching the Star wars episode 3 rifftrax and, while I knew this before, its really made me see how instantly Anikan goes from loving Obi wan to HATING HIS VERY BEING. I also never understood why they have that "hey Obi sorry for being a dick" and Obi is like "Yeah its cool you're cool but try to chill out" then the next time you see Anikan he is all hating on Obi Wan for visiting Padme.

It makes no seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeense

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Who is this Force Cthulhu you guys keep mentioning?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Captain von Trapp posted:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Abeloth R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Oh. A space god with infinite powers who lives in an alternative universe. Very Star warsy.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone know how good the quality on that Supreme Darth Vader costume is? The insanely expensive $800 thing I mean.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Just every single plot development in the game screamed, "Let's show how Starkiller can one-up anyone from the movies because he's so BADASSSSSS!"

This was 100% the entire point of the TFU games

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

He carried he Death Star plans?

He was one of the founders of the rebellion.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

He also was pivotal during the battle of Yavin and had a lightsaber duel with Yoda

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone remember that one book where he smashed those two Super-Death Stars together? poo poo was tight.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone read that Yoda book? Its pretty good (if pulpy as hell) until near the end where they decided "Hey Yoda can't carry this book himself, have Obiman and the Boy Wonder turn up to save the day!"

Is there an event that happens during the clone wars those two ar'nt directly involved in? Its worse than the death star plans I swear to god.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Nckdictator posted:

Yeah, that Yoda book is suprisngly fun to read.

Yoda was a great character in it too, not a bumbling fool or overly silly but more the guy we see in ESB and ROTJ. Also he had the best lines

Yoda: Won this job in a raffle I did, think you?

I also just realised that Anakin and Obi wan are directly responsible for Yoda not turning Dooku back

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lex Talionis posted:

I actually did something like this myself. I took a foreign language dub (Italian) and changed basically all the dialogue in the subtitles. It wasn't about making a "pure" version of the film or an ideal prequel...you'd need to shoot a whole new movie for that (one with Anakin being ten years older for Episode 1 if you ask me) but it's still interesting to see how differently the same scenes can play with new dialogue even without cutting a single frame.

The resulting "new movie" is called The Prophetic Labyrinth and I started posting it on Youtube a few days ago. Part 1 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_7U9FkOIM

This is pretty interesting but I dont really know what you were going for. I liked it but its even less Star Wars than the prequels were.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

KaosFactor posted:

Always thought the Mustsfar or whatever fight shout have ended with Obi-Wan hitting Anakin with the surprise Force shove Maul knocked him into the tube with at the end of TPM. But that would be a story connection, not just CGIing a character in because he sells figures.

This would have ruled. It would have granted the scene a lot more gravitas and provided the whole thing about Anakin being killed by Arrogance a lot better than "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND". It would have said so much in one really slight change. Welp.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

From Long Snoot I found this-
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davin_Felth

the "Look sir, Droid!" guy happens to be the best AT-AT pilot ever and saves our heroes at Docking bay 94 by killing his captain.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm curious if the stormtrooper that hit his head on the door has gotten an in-depth origin story yet.

Nope, you bet your rear end he has his own Wookiepedia page though

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_head-bumping_stormtrooper

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, sometimes we forget that in the end, its thanks to the guy that we even have Star Wars. He's done some awful poo poo to the brand in the last decade, but without him we wouldn't have a lot of great poo poo we love.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah I don't think anyone could or would claim Lucas has sole credit for Star wars at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Been reading that Secret History of Star Wars and my god its some interesting stuff. The difference from Lucas's first draft to the movie are crazy.

Also it makes a lot more sense why the new movies are terrible.