Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
gently caress it, if this means that the current EU can be retired then I guess I can support it. I used to love it but after Darth Jacen and Force Chtullu completely making a mockery out of the literally everything that came before it I'm just tired of it. It can only get worse from here on out so why bother. JUST END IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The EU never said that Palpatine formed the Empire to deal with the Vong. In fact, all he knew were some vague rumors of them in the Uncharted Regions that he didn't really concern himself with. They were just some little thing to keep an eye on as he dealt with far more important things. Basically they were just one of countless little mysteries and potential threats that he may or may not ever have to worry about. He had absolutely no idea of how dangerous they really were.

Thrawn on the other hand did do his things because of the Vong. So that was kind of a retcon.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Disney is diving right into :regd08: territory already. I firmly believe that this whole thing is going to end up being worse for the franchise than the prequels ever were. (and the prequels loving sucked)

gently caress why do I even care anymore, I stopped giving a poo poo about the franchise after The Unifying Force.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 6, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Calax posted:

Fett and Solo get their own prequels apparently.

Who the gently caress even cares about Boba Fett anymore after AoTC? Literally every single cool thing about him was pretty much retroactively destroyed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

All this news about new Star Wars movies is really making me reflect on just how disappointing and flawed the prequels were. Every now and then I like to imagine what could have been if the movies had been competently made and envision my own detailed storyline for the prequels. Suffice to say it had absolutely no similarity to the prequels we actually got. Has anyone else done that?