Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sithalchemist
Dec 31, 2007
Don't cross the streams...the results could be bad

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Vector was terrible and every series suffered because of it. Why wouldn't you want to undo it?

I'm curious why there's so much hate for Vector. I thought it was an interesting idea bridging the four comic series that were occurring at the time. Sure, it was a stretch and there were some weak spots, but overall I'd say it was a nice little gimmick that had not been tried in Star Wars comics before. So, I'm interested to understand the reasoning behind the negative reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sithalchemist
Dec 31, 2007
I debated as to if this should go in Games, but I figured since it is Star Wars themed, it belongs here for all to view. I tend to enjoy watching the Angry Video Game Nerd on Gametrailers. He just did a review of old Star Wars games that introduced me to some that I didn't know existed (e.g., games only released in Japan). There are just so many Star Wars games out there, though, that I suppose it is inevitable that some would fly under my radar. So without further adieu, enjoy: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/710076

Watching this actually jogged my memory of the first Star Wars game I ever played. It was the A New Hope NES-based one that was reviewed in the middle of the video, but it was on the old olive-green screen Game Boy. Back then that game was the poo poo, but drat was it ever hard. You know what, I still have that game. I should go play through that again.

Edit: It occurs to me that this thread focuses mainly on discussion questions, so what is your favorite/most hated SW game? My favorite would be X-Wing Alliance. It beats out X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter by a slim margin because of the storyline, great graphics, and solid controls. My most reviled game would be a Phantom Menace PC game that had atrocious graphics and level design. It was a top-down view that made things very confusing, and the game was just overall sloppily put together.

Sithalchemist fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 4, 2011

Sithalchemist
Dec 31, 2007

Slantedfloors posted:

One of the outlaws was a giant rabbit.

IIRC this rabbit has made multiple appearances in the EU. I can't remember his name for the life of me, otherwise I would link to a wookiepedia page. I do remember it was some sort of running gag cameo appearance thing for a while in the early days of Star Wars comics. I could be wrong, though.

Sithalchemist
Dec 31, 2007
Indeed! That was the illusive lagomorph that came to my mind. Man, his wookiepedia page is longer than it has any right to be...