Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Kazy posted:

I made this for the RLM thread but it can apply here too I guess: Special Ed(itions).gif

A question I have: Why are Jedi so attached to lightsabers as weapons? I know the Lucas Reason (SPACE KNIGHTS!), but why would they consider one particular weapon the best for their needs?

It's a symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Battlefront 2 on the PS2 is disappointingly meh.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Derek Dominoe posted:

Those are awesome.

I remember reading somewhere on the internet that Vader sometimes managed to heal his lungs to some extent temporarily and could walk around without the helmet, but it didn't last. Seems like it would be difficult but possible for an uber-Jedi/Sith.

On the other hand, one of the few EU books I read had some newbie Jedi trainee extracting microscopic synthetic virus particles from Mon Mothma's body using the Force. Why the hell couldn't Vader regenerate some pulmonary tissue?

You've heard of Plot Armor, I assume. He has the opposite, in that regard.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

deathsuxdontdie posted:

Then he got killed in a really embarrassing way in Jedi.

I'm not sure how badass you can be if you're accidentally knocked into the mouth of an immobile creature.

The EU fixed that.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I'd play that.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Clemen posted:

Think about the fact that it airs on Cartoon Network. It might explain the moral of the story BS

Just like all their other quality edutainment such as The Boondocks...

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Hates the Jedi, lusts for power... I can see it.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

WampaLord posted:

You know who would make a perfect Han Solo?

HARRISON loving FORD! BECAUSE HE IS! :argh:

Yeah but good luck getting him to reprise the role.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

This reminds me of a complaint I had with the FOTJ books. I'm not sure if this just started with these books, or how long they've been doing this, but what the hell is up with putting real world versions of things into the stories? It's extremely annoying to read about Jedi Mast Kenth Hamner and his cold cup of CAFF, or watching vestara read her datapad about a TEXT MESSAGE she got. I know things like refreshers and sanisteams or whatever have been pretty common but the way they mention coffee in these books makes me picture a Star(wars)bucks on every corner.

It's a message in text format. What's so terrible about that?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Denning's Forgotten Realms books are at least readable. Is his Star Wars EU stuff THAT bad?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

arioch posted:

Like I've said repeatedly in here, there's a very strong correlation between great white male stereotypes (special forces, lone warriors, etc.) and wing-nuts.

And simpering, oppressed nobodies with persecution complexes must speak pretty strongly to leftards?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

Then I realized that Luke only gave a crap about Vader because he was his ~*DADDY*~. He certainly didn't try to save the Emperor or anyone else on the Death Star. :smith:

So what part of this strays from the typical Christian in America?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the gently caress happened to this thread? :psyduck: This is one thread where I can get away from my constant anger at crazy right wingers. You guys are ruining it!

Yeah, not everyone on the right end of the spectrum is nuts. Talk about Star Wars, not Glenn Beck

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Suenteus Po posted:

Anakin building Threepio (to help his mom do ???)

I have to defend this one.

Anakin was probably like 6 when he started tinkering, thinking "OH MAN THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME, IT CAN HELP MOM WITH STUFF!" In TPM, he was what, 8? Clearly he wasn't old enough to think it through to the logical "Wait... this won't help with poo poo" conclusion.

Kids get dumb ideas about things. Parents patronize their kids' ideas all the time.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

I think the most awful part was the using of C3P0 during the climax battle in the Genosian arena as comedic relief during a scene where tons of Jedi are being slaughtered. It completely took away the emotional impact.

Yeah, there's no defense there.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Throb Robinson posted:

I just got the first two Marvel comics Omnibus. Loving it so much. When I get a few extra bucks I'm changing my avatar to this though.

Any ideas what I should have for text under it?

"This is how I'll die."

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
You're not painfully nerdy until you own one of these.

http://www.shopecko.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4007166&cp=2441351.2846009.3880005.3880008

My fiance has it and it's as dorky as it looks, but he loves it. As well as his ~10 or so Marc Ecko Star Wars t-shirts.

Painfully. Nerdy.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
They also come/came in Boba Fett, Rebel Pilot, and a few others. Macy's carried them last year but not this year.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They were totally below legal drinking age too.

But I think it was filmed in the UK so YAY

Even if they were in the US the legal drinking age was 18 until Reagan.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

TheBigBad posted:

You guys realize you do not have to go see it if you don't want to right?

Hi George

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
There's a Micro Machines Death Star / Tatooine transforming playset on the shelf in our living room.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Muppetjedi posted:

This? I had that as well. Lost the tiny falcon that came with it though :(

Yes. Though I'm pretty sure the Falcon is hanging out somewhere nearby, if my fiance's sperg-like tendencies are any indication.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
They were probably there to steal the plans anyhow.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
And Ultima Online marches on. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
65 isn't that old in real world years.