Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

Everyone knows the Rebels did it while testing their own weapon to rival the Death Star.
What the hell is a Death Star? Maybe you mean the entirely peaceful Imperial Ore Extractor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Hazo posted:

Imagine this: The butchering of Jacen's character is why even Kevin J. Anderson's Young Jedi Knights series is objectively better than LOTF.
Let's not go saying things we can't take back.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

T-1000 posted:

The stakes were low and there was very little tension, even compared to the other books.

Adumar had the capability to (and eventually did) become one of the galaxy's foremost producers of missle ammunition.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

sniper4625 posted:

At the time, whose word did we have that the planet was peaceful? Just Leia's - for all audiences knew, she could have been lying and Alderaan could have been a hotbed of dissension, armed to the teeth.
I find the idea the Alderaan had no weapons kind of stupid, what with the clearly armed Security Staff on their clearly armed Blockade Runner.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

arioch posted:

Those could likely be Senate security with rebel sympathies. Leia sends down a call to Captain Antilles from her senatorial offices: "gather a couple hundred men you absolutely trust, we're going on a little trip..."
So at best, Alderann is totally completely disarmed but it's politicians choose to fly around with an armed militia that has no official governmental ties.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Duckman2008 posted:

haha i don't remember that part of the books, who was that?

"Guy Who Tells Thrawn Retarded EU Plotpoints" was just a running gag from the last thread.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Rough Lobster posted:

STARRING RAY ROMANO AS "DENGAR"

"OOOOHHHH NNOOOO, Boba Fett can't move in NEXT DOOOORRRRR"

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Crowetron posted:

Does Bossk get a spin-off?

Bossk is played by Kevin James.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I love how the look on everyone's faces in that picture just shows they know how ridiculous the whole situation is.
I like that even the Stormtroopers look surprised.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I'm Galan Garic, which to me sounds disturbingly like on of those throwaway X-Wing pilots that only gets a few lines before they get nailed with a turbolaser.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

sniper4625 posted:

Wait, what?
What, you didn't know that? The original R2-D2 died of a heroin overdose after ESB and had to be replaced.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

WampaLord posted:

Also, for the record, that Robot-Leia laser eyes pic is the funniest drat thing in all of Star Wars EU.
I'm sorry, did you not see otter.jpg?

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

Dude wants to have sex with a Bothan He does
It's Wes Janson. For the entire length of the comic he kept trying to remember where he had put her number.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Throb Robinson posted:

Is Wes sure thats a female bothan?
Male Bothans have beards. But otherwise there's no difference.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wes Janson has never looked so much like a creepy gay intergalactic Pimp before.
In all fairness he also went after hot human chicks, only to find that Wedge had beaten him to it.

No really, it's canon that Wedge just loving fraternized the poo poo out of the Alliance.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Throb Robinson posted:

Nope, Its worse. Its Star Fox 64! I love me some Star Fox But I think dogfighting more than a rail shooter when I think Star Wars.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat

Yeah, I'm sorry. This looks absolutely awesome.

Except for maybe the fatty fatty fat Sith at the beginning.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hey, Darth Flabbus is very sensitive about his glandular issues!
Maybe someone should tell him that taking seconds and thirds isn't evil, it's just annoying.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Wampus42 posted:

It can't help that his sleeves/pauldrons prevent him from leaving the kitchen.
Being trapped in the kitchen for excessive amounts of time has left him a master of the Lightfork.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Wampus42 posted:

Christ! Not too loud! Lucasarts/Bioware might be looking for ideas on unique drops.

+5 Attack vs Cheesecake
-3 Defense vs Heart Disease

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

arioch posted:

More like Daala ends up the leader of the New New Republic. And somehow a fighter jock got elevated to the Emperor spot in the same paragraph.
Didn't Turr Phennir end up as the head of the military or something?

Terrible.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

This raises another question, why are blasters so crap anyways?
Because they're like the most impractical science-fiction weapon ever. It's a weapon that fires invisible boiling plasma, fueled by two seperate power sources (The ever nebulous "Power pack" and Tibanna Gas), with seemingly arbitrary classifications (Pistols and Rifles have different ranges, despite it still being the exact same mechanism for firing? What?)

My favourite part of the Star Wars Weapons Technical Manual (or whatever) was the section on "slugthrowers" (actual guns) where they had to come up with really terrible reasons for why everyone isn't using them.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

Why would anyone not use a slugthrower over a blaster?

For anyone not paying attention:

- Handguns have the same range as a Blaster rifle
- A slugthrower can still kill past max range, blasters can't
- Jedi can't deflect bullets
- Slugthrowers can be silenced, blasters can't
- Slugthrowers are cheaper by an order of magnitude
- Slugthrowers once saved a child from drowning
- Any idiot can make a Slugthrowers in a machine shop
- Slugthrowers use one surce of ammunition, Blasters use two

It is literally pants-on-head retarded that everyone uses Blasters instead of Slugthrowers (I loving hate that name). I guess a Glock isn't very sci-fi, but come on, at least give Blasters some benfits if you insist on using them.

Throb Robinson posted:

If I remember its cause a blaster takes like pennies per shot while a Gun costs like 20$ a shot.
Bullets are no where near $20.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Barudak posted:

Is blaster fire undodgeable in Star Wars? As in it travels so fast that there is no need to factor wind or the motion of the target to connect with?
Blaster fire is actually invisible superheated gas, so I can't see why there would be a way for wind to hamper accuracy. It's slow enough to dodge/block/shield yourself, so that's another penalty against bullets.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Bonzo posted:

Sort of. I can't remember the exact source but there is mention that his powers were a bit limited once he became Vader because of all the machinery. He still had quite a bit of power but wasn't anything near what he used to be.
The reduced power level also had the side-benefit of making him less of a threat to Palpatine.

No cloning or Force Healing for you, Vader! You get bulky machine crap everywhere!

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Mister_Eel posted:

I wonder what Han Solo was doing in Mos Eisley anyways when Obi-wan and Luke needed a transport. It seems like it wasn't very prudent to be on the same planet as Jabba. Was Jabba even on tatooine at that time or did he move his base there at the time of ROTJ?
He was there to try and convince Jabba to extend his payoff time, and looking for a big score to pay off a down payment on what he owed.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Darth Freddy posted:

Speaking of odd pilots does any one remember the name of the Rouge squadron where one of them (spoilers just for those that are reading them) Wedge I think had a ewok costume and a voice changer in the cockpit?

That's Lieutenant Kettch of Hawkbat Squadron. Show some respect.

It's from Iron Fist

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Throb Robinson posted:

Is there some horrible In universe answer as to why Han doesn't know what a Jedi is in a New Hope now?

During the Purge, Quinlan Vos erased his memory of the Jedi and their abilities, as well as his belief in the Force.

I am so so sorry you had to find that out.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

thrawn527 posted:

Reasonable Idea for Han's disbelief in the Force
No, seriously. Quinlan Vos erased his memories of seeing Jedi use the Force. He literally couldn't remember or understand the idea of the Force until he started hanging around Luke.

It sounds retarded, but...you know. Star Wars.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, I thought you were kidding about that. The Wookieepdia article on Quinlan Vos just mentions a couple of encounters with a young Han, but doesn't say anything about erasing memories. Where does this come from?

It's from one of the comics. I forget the reason why he did it; either so he couldn't be interrogated about where Vos went or to keep him from being disappointed that Vos was leaving and he'd never be a Jedi.

It was absolutely retarded and I feel dumber for having read it.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of comics, what is the series where Vader hunts down these annoying Clone Wars Jedi while being an Enforcer for the Empire keeping rogue Imperial General and Revolutionaries in line while handing whatever crazy Sith training P-Spiffy threw at him?
It's Purge. Also known as "That Awesome One Where Vader Slaughters a Dozen Jedi in a Minute and a Half".

It sounds like you're mixing it up with the first Arc of Empire, though. Where Vader wipes out an "Anti-Sith Coup" that wants to keep the Empire but get rid of Palps/Vader.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

If you read the article for the comic it was in (Ghost, I think) it says this is not canon anyway so we're safe this time.
YOU'VE HEARD IT! YOU CAN'T UN-HEAR IT!

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Both sound like the Star Wars I want to read in comics and now are on to be purchased list.

I'm not aware of how the TPB are collected, but make sure the Empire one has "To The Last Man".

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Echo Chamber posted:

Back off. Legacy is awesome. :colbert:
The main Cade plot is pretty godawful, but the issues that deal with the Galactic Alliance Remnant and Fel Empire are pretty cool.

Gar Stazi is basically a Thrawn that it's okay to root for.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Throb Robinson posted:

And if you load up swg never ever ever Log out in Space or you get stuck there til SWG's super slow customer service comes and removes you.

Didn't SOE fling hundreds of players into space one time for questioning them?

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

thrawn527 posted:

:confused:

Are you saying I shouldn't be rooting for Thrawn?

Well, you probably should.

But no, in general, Thrawn should not really be rooted for. Sure, if he won the galaxy would be a much much much better place, but...uh....hmmm......

Well, I'm sure there's some downsides.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How could you even think to support Thrawn unironically? :psyduck:

He's a grand admiral for the EMPIRE. The EMPIRE

True, but he's actually competent.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

WampaLord posted:

If Thrawn was real and campaigned under the banner that thrawn527 has in his avatar, I think he could at least win a primary, if not the whole election. The right would love him for his military experience, and the left would love him for his appreciation of the arts.

And the undecided dullards would be won over by his promises of free pretzels, and perhaps beer nuts if the budget allows for it.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

So it looks like the new more realistic lightsabering in TFU 2 results in stormtroopers loosing their heads no matter where you hit them but not loosing their other limbs. How much more time until this game goes gold?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-star-wars/703296

It's pretty annoying that Jedi Outcast had the perfect lightsaber dismembering system (had to be enabled, of course) years ago, but every game since they act like the Futurama light-billyclubs.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Throb Robinson posted:

Jesus that opening. I can almost feel the Fan service levels reaching critical with how overpowered the Jedi are getting.

"George we want to have Starkiller fall down a building for like ten minutes"

"I'll allow it, but only if he destroys like fifty Tie fighters on the way down."

"George, in your outline, what did you mean by "Starkiller beats a Star Destroyer"? Like the minigame from the first one again?"
"Beat? That's a typo. I meant 'eat'. He eats a Star Destroyer."
"..."
"Like, with his mouth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If you hate what TFU added to canon, SWG will make your loving head explode.
Like how the Empire cloned General Grevious, but also made the clone a robot.

No, I don't know how that works.