Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Crowetron posted:

That Lucasarts news makes it sound like the new guy is axing drat near everything. That seems like an odd business policy, but given the company is part of the Lucas empire, they probably don't need to worry that much about money.

Liscensed products will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that Lucas has dissolved the third-party developers permanently. The last remnants of the 90's have been swept away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Now explain why HK-47 is on Mustafar 2,000 years after KOTOR.

A Space-Wizard did it.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

randombattle posted:

But that's impossible! How will lucasarts maintain quality control with out the experienced developers?

The subsidiary CEO's now have direct control over their intellectual properties. Fear will keep the fans in line. Fear of Yoda Stories 2.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

They picked some rear end in a top hat who hated RTS because that is the only logical way to explain the tedious nature of the games poorly designed mechanics.

My "favourite" levels were the ones where you were just constantly inundated with native units. Literally, just hordes of poorly armed (and poorly rendered...) models flying toward your units, surrounding them, and firing constantly.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
The simplest answer as to why the Empire didn't reconquer Mon Calamari is that they didn't want to have to be near it's disgusting Fishmonster residents for any long periods of time.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Dick Trauma posted:

I was trying to watch the cartoon Clone Wars but that sequence with Fisto and the Mon Cals with lances riding seamonkeys killed my interest. That poo poo reached "Rocket Robin Hood" levels of awful.

Another thing the Legacy Comics got right: The retarded Mon Calamari Sea-Knight guys all got slaughtered by the Sith.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Corellian ones are sort of Independent like the system, Kuat is all business and Mon Calamari are supplying independents and the Alliance.

The Corellian system was "independent" in the same way that the Warsaw Pact countries were independent - they could make their own decision for the most part,except for anything the Empire didn't want them to do.

Kuat was nominally independent under a system of feuding Noble houses, but had an exclusive purchasing relationship and an Imperial garrison in system in case anyone got too uppity. After Endor the Empire invaded Kuat and annexed it in its entirety, largely due to an internal shakeup THAT WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN. NEVER. JUST DON'T loving TALK ABOUT IT.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

sniper4625 posted:

The Bounty Hunter Trilogy.
Why would you do this? Why would you condemn someone else to...that?

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

T-1000 posted:

The Empire happened to be fairly aware of them so they kept the boot firmly on the Sullustan neck.

Do Sullustans even have necks? Isn't their head just a disgusting lump coming off their torso?

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, fair point. I just like bringing up Kuat8 whenever possible.

Kuat of Kuat, the Kuat of Kuat, Son of Kuat of Kuat, Kuat of all the Kuat of Kuat, Kuat of KDY (Kuat Drive Yards) located on Kuat of the Kuat System.

[FIRST NAME] of [LAST NAME], the [LEADER] of [SOCIETY], Son of [FATHER'S NAME], [PATRIARCH] of all the [FAMILY MEMBERS] of [FAMILY], [EXECUTIVE TITLE] of [COMPANY NAME] located on [PLANET] of the [SYSTEM]

Those books drove me quite insane.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

DougieC posted:

Eh, if you think about it, they're the shock troops used in important poo poo - boarding the Tantive IV, storming the detention block, storming Hoth base - whilst the regular troopers guarding cells on Death Stars and drag choked captains out of Vader's office.

Stormtroopers are also strangely competent when not fighting the main characters or cuddly merchandise fodder. They wipe out the Tantive IV security complement in about eight seconds and have broken through the defenses inside the Hoth Base before the good guys can evacuate.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That's why you throw him up into the air and crush him into a 5 inch ball.

Or pick up something really heavy and drop it on him repeatedly.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

end of the world posted:

Is the AT-AT the most inefficient war machine of all time?

I'm fairly sure there's a Star Destroyer with a secret weapon that turns space (like, outer space) into ice, so no.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Gutcruncher posted:

But space has nothing to FREEZE into ice!

And the Gorax violates cube-square law. It's Star Wars, get used to it.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
This has always been my favourite.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Derek Dominoe posted:

Those are awesome.

I remember reading somewhere on the internet that Vader sometimes managed to heal his lungs to some extent temporarily and could walk around without the helmet, but it didn't last. Seems like it would be difficult but possible for an uber-Jedi/Sith.

On the other hand, one of the few EU books I read had some newbie Jedi trainee extracting microscopic synthetic virus particles from Mon Mothma's body using the Force. Why the hell couldn't Vader regenerate some pulmonary tissue?
Long story short, healing yourself is inherently part of the Light side of the Force. When Vader did the "Fix Lungs" thing, he felt so positive he hosed them up again so he didn't start questioning what he was doing.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Greedish posted:

I started to translate that from Aurebesh then realized what the gently caress I was doing and stopped

Is it actual names?

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe I'm imagining it but I SWEAR that Lucas once commented that he considered the Dark Empire Trilogy (those comics) as his idea of Episodes 7-9.

Well sure, Past-Lucas said that.

Now-Lucas would probably add in dancing gremlins and Clone Ackbars and a Sith named Darth Snorkel or something.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I think the worst thing about TFU, not even considering the plot, is how easy it is to get stunlocked into loving oblivion by basically any enemy.

I mean, Darth Vader can trap you in a never-ending Force Grip. You can QTE out of it, but he immediately grabs you again as soon as you break free. The only way out is letting him hurl you into a wall. That's bullshit.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Chairman Capone posted:

Are you loving kidding me? You fight Obi-Wan's ghost? How the hell does that even work?
Darth Starkiller catches up to the Millenium Falcon as they're escaping Mos Eisley and Obi-Wan stays behind to stall him. At the conclusion of the fight, Starkiller does a Force-Hammertoss and hurls Obi-Wan into the Falcon's engines. Obi-Wan EXPLODES (Like, a literal FORCE GHOST-SPLOSION) and comes back as a Force Ghost to keep fighting.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, I'd make fun of Tank being called Tank but I read the kick rear end webcomics he and Biggs we're in so no. Plus he teased Luke in his whiny rear end stage.

Tank is also the dude from the Empire comics, so he's actually awesome.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

arioch posted:

Think of them as novelizations of comic books (except without the actual comic books).

In an ironic twist, in the actual Rogue Squadron comics they knock off established characters left and right.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Chairman Capone posted:

NJO is worth it just for the reaction of the cadre of adult posters at TFN constantly harp on how they hate it for killing off their precious minor characters from Young Jedi Knights.

I don't know about anyone else, but I laughed my rear end off when Anakin's retarded rabbit-dog Jedi Master got gunned down.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

Who knows, is him surviving canon? Using the teasers from the TFUII for all we know he could be some sort of Star Wars ghola.

They've already said he's a clone.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I love the one on the top left. As if TIEs weren't fragile enough, they felt the need to encase one in high explosives.

I like the one on the bottom row, second from left. It has glandular problems.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

You know, for someone who had a long drawn out fight with the Emperor and 800 years of general experience, Yoda didn't tell Luke poo poo.

Dude was 800 years old. He was so senile he was probably drooling offscreen and making GBS threads his sackcloth robe every ten minutes.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Casimir Radon posted:

There's no Jedi, no Sith, No Mandolorians, and no emo bullshit. It's just Lando flying around being awesome.
And when faced with the one evil wizard in the books, Lando just shoots him. And it works.

Awesome.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
It's always been my understanding that the domes were communication equipment, and their being destroyed was intended to show that the shields were down because missile weapons were now impacting the ship's structure.

Of course, all the games used them as shield generators to make space combat possible.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Tensokuu posted:

Let me save you the trouble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi7ky2dN6xI

Dark Side Ending.

Even Starkiller's spaceship is lame. It's like they welded a station wagon between a pair of chopped-down TIE panels.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Mexican Bandito Stormtrooper is even better, though I lost the image :(.
Yeah, that guy is awesome:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, though:

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Flagrant Abuse posted:

X-wings have shields too, and they still seemed to die pretty easily.

:eng101: The Rebel pilots moved all deflector energy to the front of their fighters to be able to survive the Trench Guns. This made them incredibly vulnerable on their rear/sides.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Because it's poisoning schoolchildren. Might wanna mention that part chief.
No, that's still retarded.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

dialhforhero posted:

Maybe TPM was supposed to be a comedy.

It failed at that, too.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

ZeeToo posted:

The auxiliary control rooms are right behind the primary ones, so the A-wing smashed through both.
That's literally the worst design plan I've ever heard.

I mean to beat that level of stupid you'd need, like, the ship's stockpile of kerosene to be stored right next to their torpedo storage bay or something.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I love Palpatines DS2 waiting room.
I like that he has a swanky attractive looking office, but he prefers the dank industrial shithole next door.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

SkunkDuster posted:

Obi Wan says that Tusken Raiders walk in single file to hide their numbers. Hide their numbers from who? Seems like Krayt dragons are the only thing that scares them. The fact that even Obi Wan didn't want to be around when they came back implies that they aren't to be taken lightly, and they live in lovely huts with nothing worth stealing, so who are they hiding from?

The Hutts jumpstarted a war between the Tuskens and the Republic settlers. And there was intermittent fighting and raiding before that.

Lets face it, "Angry Militant Raiders" aren't exactly a group most places would ever really like to keep around if they can help it.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 4, 2011

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Donkey Kunt posted:

Do the sand people have access to space travel? They just don't seem like they should be an advance enough race to cause problems if the Republic or Empire actually wanted to fight them.

No, they're basically just desert nomads. They're only really a threat to settlers on Tatooine, and then only because no Galactic power gives a poo poo about Tatooine in the first place.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

30 Second Artbomb posted:

I want to find the person responsible for this and stab them with a duck.
An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Doppelganger posted:

Is it ever explained how Han understands Chewie?

He can understand Chewie's language fine, he just can't speak it. Human vocal cords aren't built right to speak it without the equivalent of a heavy lisp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Gammatron 64 posted:

As a kid I thought the battle in space over Endor was the coolest thing ever.
I still think it's the coolest thing ever.