Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

SeanBeansShako posted:

Imperial Commando

I would play the gently caress out of this game. Seriously.

Mission Objective: Kill all the Jawas and destroy their Sandcrawler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

You guys are letting an EU expansion-story of a character whose origin is one of the prequel movies upset you?

I thought that goons were, like, the number one proponents of the consensus that Star Wars starts at Episode IV and ends with Episode VI, and that those other three "Star Wars" movies are just a practical joke made by an eccentric old madman at the expense of the casual moviegoer.

Or maybe that's just me.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Teek posted:

As far as interspecies relations goes, Star Wars also really doesn't have any cross-species unions resulting in any half-breeds like Star Trek does.

There are some related sub-species which I think might be able to mate, but not many.

So you're not going to get a half-Rodian half-Twi'lek character running around.

Yeah, but aliens in Star Trek are just humans with bumps and stuff on their head. Trill have those little dots, Klingons have ridges, Andorians are blue/have those little antennae. It isn't creepy to imagine two people doing the funky across species in Star Trek. In Star Wars, aliens are like human beings after an accidentat a nuclear reactor. They've got third eyes, tails coming out of their heads, some of them are cat people, and so on. It's just a little too weird to picture people getting nasty with an orange cat-person. Especially in publicized "canon" EU sources.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

The cover for the Episodes IV-VI set is pretty decent, and that's the only one I'll be buying anyway. I think it works well. Reminds me of the old McQuarray art.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

Also, just in case you thought Star Wars only got creepy in the past decade, this is from 1988:

I would watch a 2 hour movie of nothing but Stormtroopers murdering these things. Jesus, it's like something out of a really terrifying shock-horror film. Purge the Jedi? gently caress that. Purge THOSE THINGS.