Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Alright, I'm going to mark this thread and attempt to follow it, even though the last one moved pretty quickly.

One question... why didn't the O.P. mention anything from Dark Horse's soon-to-be-gone for good "Star Wars: Legacy"? I personally found the poo poo Cade Skywalker was doing to be much more interesting than anything else the E.U. had going on. And I'm pretty annoyed that #50's the only issue left to be released, when the series just established an interested status quo, and could have easily went on to issue #100 without getting boring. I'm inclined to believe someone in Lucasarts' higher-ups didn't like that Dark Horse was writing the fate of the Star Wars galaxy, considering it isn't being cancelled for poor sales or bad reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Actually, it's not ending. It will be continued in a new series titled Star Wars Legacy: War. It's only 6 issues for now but Ostrander has said that if interest and sales are high enough, Dark Horse might consider it for a full series.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Legacy%E2%80%94War

Oh sweet, never mind then. Actually, I was sort of annoyed at Krayt's return at the end of Legacy 49. I assumed reintroducing him as a threat was just a cheap way of giving the final issue an awesome climax. But if they have plans for the character... fine. This sort of undoes the whole point of the ill-conceived Vector storyline. But whatever.

There was some speculation that the "cancellation" was just a matter of keeping trade sales from dropping after the 10th volume with rebranding. I guess I'm glad it's sort of true.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

SeanBeansShako posted:

FUTURE STAR WARS with (ugh) Cade Skywalker?

Back off. Legacy is awesome. :colbert:

It has a protagonist who's like "gently caress you!" to everyone; the Sith, the Jedi, the Alliance, the Empire, Luke's Force ghost. Because Cade is sick of dealing with the burden of being a Skywalker, I like to think of the character as a disillusioned Star Wars fan who's sick of Star Wars, but no matter how hard he tries, it won't go away.

Also, he's an addict overcoming his dependence on death sticks. (Better than it sounds...)

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 20, 2010

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Honestly, when I looked at this concept art in the past, I always thought Luke's equipment was part of his face and it was an alien profile, and it was one of those "Luke was supposed to be a space reptile humanoid" types of concepts that Lucas dropped.

A closer look, and now I know better.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I actually remember shortly after Episode III came out, when people were initially making fun of Vader's No Scream, someone put up on YouTube an edit of ROTJ scene with the No added to it.

I wonder if Lucas saw that, thought unironically it was a good addition, and decided to make it official his next chance.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Rogue Leader is still among of my personal favorite games of all time. It was my GameCube launch game, I even got the gold medal in the Endurance mission. (Which seemed like a bigger deal then than now.) Rebel Strike may be one of biggest disappointments in videogame sequels I personally experienced. The space and vehicle missions were adequate at best. And it doesn't make up for 1/3 of the game being terrible on-foot missions.

Not sure if I'd like to see a proper Rogue Squadron 3 at this point. I feel like I'm done giving Lucasfilm licensing more money, and I'm not too sure if I want to see more X-Wings and Tie Fighters mingling among unmemorable prequel starfighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Der Luftwaffle posted:

The only upside was that the charges were hilariously cheap weapons in the Rogue Squadron game.

Rogue Squadron III NEVER HAPPENED.

Mostly because the game sucked, but also because it has its fair share of EU off-screen fuckery.

(Funny that those charges also affected the audio in the pause menu in the game.)