Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If you can avoid giving yourself an aneurysm bitching about what TFU does to canon, it's actually a pretty fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My local comic shop held a Star Wars Family Day event where the 501st showed up and they offered discounts if you showed up in costume.

I hope they gave that kid 80% off. :3:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
You could also argue that it's a better attack profile than the two wings. >o< would be harder to hit than =o=.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

NGL posted:

In 1997 (I believe), LucasArts released a CD-ROM called Star Wars: Behind the Magic, which featured, among other things, the complete Biggs sequences.

That was a great CD, if only for the Stormtrooper testing range.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I would kill for a Rogue Squadron series.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
At the very least, I wish Lucas would cut it out with all the Clone Wars poo poo. We have more material covering a 3 year period that isn't even all that important than we do for the 19 year period during which the Empire took over and the Rebellion was formed.

That just seems wrong.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Cad Bane is a poo poo character.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah. I'm a little preemptive on this, as right now it isn't full blown or anything. I'm just predicting where this seemingly obvious plot line is headed, but without giving away too much to you it could really still go in any direction.
It gets a lot more tolerable.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bonzo posted:

Also I'd like to take the time to inform Ms. Traviss that I stopped reading LOTF because of her. I got 1/4 way into Betrayal, saw all that Boba Fett family emo poo poo again, and just quit.
You're just another talifan. You should be garroted in your sleep. :smug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don't understand the logic behind releasing Episode I first. A New Hope is the most widely known, it has some of the best potential for 3-D, and it's not a poorly written piece of poo poo.

Then again, I hate 3-D so what do I know?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
McGregor's Obi-Wan is one of the few things I like about the prequels. Sure, his dialogue was poo poo, but he had a lot of Sir Alec's mannerisms down pat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'd rather watch an 80 year old Han Solo complain about his back and not notice when he farts than recast the character or let Shia LeBeouf touch the role.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Basically, after they hit 40 in Star Wars years subtract 10-20 years to get their real world age.

Han is 70 in universe, 50 in ours. Luke is 60 in universe, 45+ in ours. Etc, etc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
3D is a shovelware gimmick that needs to die a quick death.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dalaram posted:

On a positive note though, it's good to see a little more of Bwua'tu, that really badass Bothan Admiral.
He's loving Daala, and the latest book ends on a cliffhanger with his death at the hands of supposed jedi.

FOTJ can ruin any character. I'm kind of glad Wedge hasn't been in any of them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently he pilots a Y-Wing and blows the gently caress out of some TIE Fighters while being a smartass.

Wait, Wedge is in TFU2?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I don't understand why they don't make a Wedge Game. Like where you wake up and you're Wedge and do you daily things. It'd be like the Sims but you also have space combat. And then you gently caress a Bothan.
Wedge never hosed a goat. He hosed a spy. Biggs' reject cousin or whatever is the goatfucker.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Torael_7 posted:

For that matter, why is Darth Maul there?

That's Eeth Koth. I'm pretty sure most of the zombies are the jedi council from Phantom.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

If anyone is interested as well, the new Star Wars: Knight Errant comic shows a lot of promise. The only problem is that the main character looks like Aubrey Plaza.

I honestly thought it was pretty boring. Wish they'd bring back KOTOR.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Yeah, let's shitcan everything that isn't amazing on the first issue or episode. God knows if they don't get it right there it's going nowhere.

Those two thoughts weren't connected, but thanks for being an rear end.

And yeah, KOTOR was a great comic.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Glad to see people say that, I read and liked the first couple of trades and liked the characters and story a lot, though the art kepts swinging from excellent to poor, getting downright terrible in that trans-era crossover they did.

What's actually going on in SW comics now, I heard Legacy ended? I thought the sales were good, did the story just end? Perhaps it was never meant to be ongoing.

AFAIK, Dark Times and Invasion are on some bizarre schedule, KOTOR is done, Rebellion was canned, and they're doing a mini-series starring Jango and Boba. It's nothing special, but the art is noteworthy.

Dark Horse seems to have some bizarre 50 issue limit with SW comics, so yes, Legacy is technically over, but they're doing a 6(?) issue mini-series to tie things up. I believe it starts in december.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I just wish they'd announced it sooner. With KOTOR, you knew it was heading towards a big conclusion before they announced that 50 would be the last issue. Legacy was kind of out of the blue, right as things had finally picked up again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
No, it's really lazy and uninspired.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

muscles like this? posted:

Anybody else find those guys who run around dressed as stormtroopers in real life kind of creepy? Not just because they're so obsessed with a movie but they're so obsessed with the BAD GUYS from a movie.

The 501st? Normally, yeah (they're also huge Traviss fans), but they do a lot of charity stuff and hospital visits for sick kids. They can't be that bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Doc Hawkins posted:

He's middle-eastern, but the elephant-nose clinches it for "jewish."

What race was Dexter Jettster?
Fat guy running a diner = Italian?

I didn't have a big issue with Dexter. Obi-Wan's got a history of colorful non-jedi friends/insiders.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man it's so obvious Obi-Wan is Luke's real father.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Trying to find the answer to that, I came across this little nugget.

Wookieepedia posted:

In one television documentary, George Lucas said that C-3PO--and thus by extension all droids--had no soul

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I watched the first two seasons and found it to be decent, but not great. Haven't seen anything from this season because everything I've heard about sounds like it's on a Dark Nest/Darksaber/Jaxxon the Rabbit level of retardation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I thought it was just going to be stand-alone episodes featuring life in the SWU from a nobody's perspective and maybe a couple bounty hunter episodes?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm still waiting for a canon explanation for why Lando pronounces Han's name like hand minus the d.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

That Awful Nick posted:

The cover for the Episodes IV-VI set is pretty decent, and that's the only one I'll be buying anyway. I think it works well. Reminds me of the old McQuarray art.

I was going to buy the OT set, but apparently they won't have any of the new special features/docs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

What's that from, though? I think I recognize the art style.

IIRC, it's the Dark Horse Infinities version of A New Hope. Luke fucks up and the Death Star blows up the rebel base.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

NeonTurtle posted:

That smuggler is one slick motherfucker. Anything with him in it is the best part of the trailer. From wearing a goddamned cowboy hat in Star Wars to blowing away Sith Soldiers with a freaking pistol while the actual soldiers are having trouble, he's awesome. The Live Action series needs to be about this guy.

I thought so too until I realized he's basically that stupid loving cowboy guy from the clone wars.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That's kind of sad. I had some good times in SWG, but pulling the plug was pretty inevitable with TOR coming out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The only Clone Wars era ship worth a drat is the Naboo N-1 starfighter. Great design, but the rest can gather dust for all I care.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Throb Robinson posted:

Nothing about the game or canon or whatever but who thought this was a cool design? I like the maul saber but this is retarded as gently caress.

Is that TOR?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Apparently the new X-Wing book will be called X-Wing: Mercy Kill, will be set around the end of Fate of The Jedi (44+ ABY) and will star Wraith Squadron. Release is Summer 2012.

Also, I recently went on vacation and shotgunned FOTJ: Vortex and FOTJ: Conviction. One sucked and one didn't. Look up the authors and guess which is which.

I rode the new Star Tours at Disney World enough times to get all the possible locations except for Coruscant. It was awesome.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
65 in Star Wars years is like 45 in real world years. It's not that bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I picked up the Tales of The Jedi Omnibus #1 yesterday for $5 bucks. Reading early 90's EU stuff feels so weird now. The stories were so much more imaginative and out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Legacy knew it was a comic book. It was over-the-top and occasionally dumb, but the first 30 or so issues were good. They just couldn't figure out how to end it.

I really wish they hadn't canned KOTOR. The TOR tie-ins that replaced it suck. Has anyone kept up with Knight Errant?