Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I preordered specifically to get Maulkiller. It's so goddamn ludicrous that I can't help but love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Unidentified Rodian with jacket.

Holy poo poo, this dude is approaching Calrissian levels of coolness.

Of course, he'll never be that cool, because he's a filthy rodian, but still.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Whoa, whoa, whoa. New Wraith Squadron and a Zahn follow-up to Allegiance? Lucasbooks, I forgive you for everything.

Except Denning.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

To be fair on EU.jpg can we have some awesome version? It'd be an excuse to show Wedge and Lando kicking rear end?

How about Wedge.jpg

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Allegiance owned but it does suffer from the contractually obligated appearance of Luke & the gang.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does Bossk get a spin-off?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

Bossk is played by Kevin James.

I'd watch that. For reals.

vvvvv Not even kidding, I'd buy the DvD box set of that.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 16, 2010

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The entire basis of Lightsabers is looking cool, so looking cooler translates into a more effective Lightsaber.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Normally, I'm the one to laugh and joke about the retarded stuff, but literally naming a character "Savage Oppress"?

Star Wars is officially Captain Planet now.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lumpy: I have to go now. My home planet needs me.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm Butja Balee. I remember figuring this out last thread, and I have to admit, Butja has kind of grown on me.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Why are you guys trying to make me dislike Janson? Why? :negative:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

Off topic.

I can't get over the fact this picture is canon. Satyrs and spears and arrows. Add this to EU.jpg please.

Hey, guys, we mastered laser technology to make loving laser swords. But we think bows and arrows are the apex of warfare, so we're just gonna leave them be.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That Lucasarts news makes it sound like the new guy is axing drat near everything. That seems like an odd business policy, but given the company is part of the Lucas empire, they probably don't need to worry that much about money.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

Like how the Empire cloned General Grevious, but also made the clone a robot.

No, I don't know how that works.

Well, that's easy. It's waaaay cheaper to just build a robot and tell it it's a robo-clone or whatever than actually cloning a robot.

The robot's all "Hey, I look just like this crazy evil dude from the Clone Wars."

and the scientist is just like "Uhh...you're a clone!" and then they change his name to General Greviouus.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

It just wouldn't be Star Wars if we didn't also kind of hate it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is worse than Ewoks, Jar-Jar, and Trioculous combined. :ughh:

You gonna tell me that Steam Punk Tarkin isn't the classiest motherfucker you've ever seen? Look at that dude! He's approaching Lando levels of Pimp!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I prefer to think some Lucasbooks (or Del Ray, or whoever is in charge now) exec was all "Okay, Aaron, now you have to write about Jedis and poo poo. No more Wedge."

And Allston was like "Fine, but I'm gonna write about stupid loving Jedi stuff and see how you like it."

But the EU's so rear end backwards now that the exec was like "This stuff is gold! Now I want you to work with Karen and Troy!" and it all just kinda snowballed. Except with poo poo.

It shitballed.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mister Roboto posted:

You know, The EU is basically glorified fanfiction.

That being said, if, by some amazing coincidence, you were offered a chance to write an EU story, would you do it? You KNOW everyone has said "Well I could do better..." at some point.

I actually have an idea for a story about an Alderaan born Stormtrooper stuggling with the loss of his home and his disillusionment in the Empire he devoted his life to. The only reason I haven't written any of it actually down is because then I'd be writing fanfic, and that is not a line I'm willing to cross.

But I'd love to read more stories with Stormtroopers as the focus. I love those wacky bucketheads :3:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I never said it was a particularly unique idea :v:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

*Looks out Death Star window while brushing teeth.

Hey Alderaan! Maybe we'll stop for a couple days of leave, I can't wait to see Mo.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Verbatim. Except with some smooth Jizz playing in the background.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/URoRRuR%27R%27R

I have no words.

drat, I thought for sure it was Starkiller under that mask.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Jedi Power Battles owned bones. When I was thirteen.

Man, gently caress that game. I never, never got past the second level no matter who I played as. That game was crazy hard, and I hated it so much, but I just kept playing it and playing it, because I was a stubborn ten-year-old and it was Star Wars, goddammit.

Of course, whenever any of my friends brought it up, I scoffed and said I beat that game in, like, two hours, cuz I'm super good at Playstation, you guys.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Rebel Assault 2 was my first Star Wars game with dog-fighting in it (sort of), and is the very reason I love B-Wing so goddamn much. But the tunnel level in the not-Millennium Falcon was horseshit.

Also, I have never actually beaten the 2nd Death Star run in Rogue Squadron 2 :negative:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bene Elim posted:

Sorry to bang this drum again, but no, it is in no way better. Reverse grip is pretty terrible as a style. It takes twice as long to learn and gives at very best a two second tactical advantage when you turn the thing on. Lastly; NO IT DOES NOT LOOK COOLER.

Sorry, bud, but it actually looks hella cool.

And Smythe, I was gonna post about how wrong you were about TFU but you said nice things about my av, so we cool :3:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

I downloaded the TFU demo and right at the beginning I accidentally threw my lightsaber and chopped the head off of an R2 unit. It shrieked. Killed my enthusiasm along with that poor little droid.

Go a few feet further down the corridor, then pick up a GONK droid with the Force and throw him out the window, into a TIE bomber.

Then walk away from the explosion in slow-mo :c00lbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

Darth Starkiller catches up to the Millenium Falcon as they're escaping Mos Eisley and Obi-Wan stays behind to stall him. At the conclusion of the fight, Starkiller does a Force-Hammertoss and hurls Obi-Wan into the Falcon's engines. Obi-Wan EXPLODES (Like, a literal FORCE GHOST-SPLOSION) and comes back as a Force Ghost to keep fighting.

And then you kill his ghost.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

It's a bonus non-canon level in the Ultimate Sith Edition.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Cad Bane is a poo poo character.

But he gets a pass because of his sweet hat.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Minorkos posted:

Oh man

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTfMlAMn5M

"This is Jedi Mind Trick, it's a brand new Force power, and just like all of our other Force powers, we've completely re-envisioned it from the films...

... and on higher levels, they'll (mind tricked enemies) actually explode, they'll turn into like roaming smart bombs and they'll run into packs and explode"

And you guys thought TFU2 was gonna suck :smug:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Star Wars Megathread: We'd rather watch goatse

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The new thread title owns, y'all.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Denning came up with Flow Walking, a Force power so retarded that I hate him more than Traviss.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Didn't he do this as a way to bring Anakin Solo back but the plot got axed somewhere in the middle?

See what I mean? Denning blows.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Calaveron posted:

There is nothing special about the Star Wars characters now. Nothing.

Now? Have you, like, not been paying attention to Star Wars for the last few years?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The first TFU book was really awful, but I read it anyway because I am a big dumby. This is my relationship with Star Wars.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mister Roboto posted:

I think a better question is why Vader's helm has to be put on him like that if he can clearly hold his own head.

Originally, I always thought his limbs were so damaged and the armor so restrictive he couldn't raise his arms past the shoulderpads...

He's just lazy, is all. You get used to moving poo poo with your mind, and suddenly actually reaching up and putting on a hat seems like soooo much effort.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Ssi-ruuk are a bunch of lazy computer nerds who rely on technology to do everything for them and are literally terrified to go outside and do something themselves.

Wait a minute...drat, Ssi-ruuk are goony as gently caress.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'd watch the poo poo out of a Dark Forces movie. The rest of that list is completely awful, though. I don't think even the Thrawn Trilogy would work well as films because of how much poo poo you'd have to cut out.

In other news, I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow, so I'll be out of town for the Force Unleashed 2 launch. Guess you guys will have to wait a week or so for my massive post about literally every awesome thing in the game where I conspicuously avoid any mention of the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm back, and I haven't had a chance to play TFU2 yet, but I can't believe y'all were already flipping out over the new trilogy rumor. That rumor comes up like every two weeks ever since Revenge of the Sith, and it always turns out to be bullcrap.