Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

sniper4625 posted:

We get him instead of new Kyle Katarn games. :colbert:

This. It's been eons since I played those games and I still bask in memories of cutting Imperial officers' hands off! What happened?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Here's an actual Star Wars question, I'm watching Empire on Spike right now and what exactly falls from Luke when he hits the bottom of Cloud City? You see something going down into the clouds but I couldn't tell what it was.

It's not his hand, some crazy scientist got a hold of it and made Luuke with that. I've always thought it was a piece of ripped cloth from his clothing.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ziir posted:

Whats going on in this video? I'm not a :havlat:STAR WARS NERD:havlat: so I don't really see the significance of this scene an why the people were cheering. Also what part of the movie should this go in?

It's a deleted scene from the beginning of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. I'm guessing everyone was cheering because it had never before been released to public eyes.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Biplane posted:

New Wraith Squadron novel what in gently caress, jesus gently caress lord I hope it takes place during the vong invasion and is awesome holy poo poo!

Drikker før du bruker datamaskinen er pinlig, ikke sant? :banjo:

Wraith Squadron sounds cool and all, maybe Saba Sebatyne's Wild Knights will come along for the ride as well and make me happy. (sans Dani QWEEE!)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Jeg er en innfødt engelsk snakker og ordstillingen ser morsom ut. Særlig "jesus gently caress lord". :haw:

I have a thing for Y-wings, and the only NJO-era squadron that utilizes them still is the Wild Knights. Even Horton Salm moved on to B-wings.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett_and_the_Assassin_Droids

Can someone explain to me what the gently caress.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I actually had a dream last night that GL read Karen Traviss' "Revelation" and ordered it, along with all her other Star Wars work, un-canon. Revelation itself was to a "clean slate" (I remember him saying those words exactly) to be filled in by some other author.

Next time I see a stray eyelash...

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That looks like Venom from Star Fox 64 on a good day.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tenn_Graneet

"Knowing that he had sent billions to their deaths, he soon came to see himself as the largest mass murderer in galactic history."

Awww, poor baby.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Can this be canon? Please?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

DougieFFC posted:

On the subject of Han Solo impersonations

:aaaaa:

...Is that guy (2:10) supposed to be Chewbacca?

:barf:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would kill for a Rogue Squadron series.

I'm sure as soon as Lucas is dead that's the first thing we'll see from LucasFilmLimited.

...You know what to do.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Also I'd like to take the time to inform Ms. Traviss that I stopped reading LOTF because of her. I got 1/4 way into Betrayal, saw all that Boba Fett family emo poo poo again, and just quit.

I did the same thing, except I read the whole book, and then stopped. I haven't even moved on and cracked into FotJ yet, and I probably never will. I suppose I could at least give Invincible a chance, but I don't know...

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I don't know if Lucas meant to do this, but drat.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Aw, how nice.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Rogue Squadron for N64 is terrific (remember those AT-PTs at Fest? :argh: ), as is RSII for the cube. Forget RSIII unless you want to go through II's campaign with a friend. God knows how many hours I spent on Galactic Battlegrounds as a kid. I also liked cutting off Imperial officers' hands in Jedi Knight.

I haven't played too many Star Wars games, for instance I've never played any X-wing or TIE fighter games (I was always more of a Red Baron fan concerning flight sims), but if I were to choose a worst, it'd be Jedi Academy. Yuck.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

arioch posted:

First 3 letters of first name, first 2 letters of last name, first 2 letters of mother's maiden name, first 3 letters of town born in.

Winch Jeoxf (we can trim that down to Jeox, I guess)

(Jennie Jerome)
(Oxfordshire)

Ethsc Pucul

I sound like I should be Bossk's cousin or something.

And the countdown page directs to Fox Movies? :confused:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

... empty spectacle.

An empty spectacle for an empty audience. Of course Jorge was just going for that "AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAH" factor in the movie theater by giving Yoda the saber. I know I heard it in my theater when it came out.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Admiral Goodenough posted:

So about that seventh movie...

e, bigger

The Y-wing looks like a cranky old guy with a good heart. :3:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Vader gettin funky?

You'd think his prosthetic limbs would limit those...we'll go ahead and call them "dance moves"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Does anyone else think Harold Camping looks like Grand Moff Tarkin out of uniform?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
How many films aimed at children has Irvin Kershner directed? :colbert:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Azzmo posted:

What's wrong with Luke's faaaaaace?

If anybody is looking for some easy but informative summer reading there's a fascinating glimpse into life in the dust bowl that you'd probably not otherwise hear about.

Kinda looks like Ellen Degeneres in the second frame. Also, someone make the last frame of his face avatar sized and I will gladly make it my icon.

The Ewok book reminds me of the "Wisconsin Death Trip" book my grandparents have at their lake house in Wisconsin. This needs to be more fully parodied with inserted Ewoks.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Darth Freddy posted:

For any one that does not keep up with the SW ToR Thread in the MMO forum the newest trailer is out.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/return?sourceid=eag3006

And if this some how does not get you hyped up then I feel bad for you. Not it is silly at times.

The novel for deceived also was not to bad despite some really over the top uses of the force, I can not wait till the one for Reven comes out.

I hafta admit, I liked that lightsaber fight. Good mix of blade prowess and force powers. Still not gonna buy the game though. :v:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hope: the EU has none

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Nckdictator posted:

I think I'l just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q02weIJD3I

Sweet Jesus.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lest we forget, Ellen Degeneres/Bell's Palsy Luke:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The scene where Garik "Face" Loran is holding Ton Phanan as he looks up into the sky and dies looking at a Star Destroyer (the Iron Fist if I recall correctly).

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I also liked KOTOR 2 better than 1 for the above reasons, but also a superficial one: I liked the inventory/equip screen in 2 better. :shobon:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well, from what I recall there are giant lizards, a gently caress load of Sith fodder to stomp and the fact you can talk a dude to death.

Malachor V!

"I was there...at Malachooooor."

Bao-Dur would always say Malachor in the most dramatic way.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

KOTOR 2 wasn't that good. This forum needs to stop sucking the dick of an unfinished game with forgettable characters. The only memorable one was Kreia and gently caress that bitch, she wasn't seductive she was blatantly a oval office, of course she was evil.

I'll still never forget...Malachooooor.

Seriously, I still liked it better than 1. No one can take my arachnid-killing and Pazaak-playing experiences on Dantooine away from me. :colbert:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Otterspace posted:

drat you sure showed him who's boss.

edit: can we roleplay in this thread?

JKL places his DL-44 in Otterspace's mouth and...

...Yeah better not

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

This is wrong. Stormtrooper uniforms are awesome.

This is partly right.

wearing Stormtrooper uniform > --really, a whole lot of other things-- > RPing Star Wars in Second Life > wearing clone trooper uniform

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

angrylinuxgeek posted:

being a huge Y-Wing fan I was pumped to see the BTL-B show up in Clone Wars :kiddo: I like that it was the original that they had to chop up for the ones in ANH.

:hfive: A fellow Y-wing fan appears! My handle on theforce.net was actually Master_Y-wing. I even RP-ed as Horton Salm there once :clint:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

From the awkward.jpg thread, some people are having a hard time accepting the SWG shut-down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U

I skipped to the middle of this video and the first thing I heard was "gently caress you LucasArts"

:allears:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Made this for a Goon SWTOR Guild,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhDkdOqDb8

Even the first 15 seconds of this video make me realize that ESB is the best Star Wars movie. :allears:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Haledjian posted:

Holy poo poo, reading "The Courtship of Princess Leia" and getting the impression the author doesn't think much of women. Like, at all.

-After going steady with Han Solo for more than a decade she dumps him for some prince guy after spending less than a day with him
-Han Solo responds by KIDNAPPING HER and locking her in the Millenium Falcon's smuggling compartment
-There is a race of people where the women control the men and pretend to be smarter and and and

Dave Wolverton has some issues I guess? This is so terrible haha

When I borrowed this book from the library in 5th grade there was a perfectly squished cockroach between two of the pages. I remember thinking what kind of nerdy slobs Star Wars fans must be.

Then I wiped my cheeto-stained fingers on my cargo shorts.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

This pic justifies the existence of this thread,

Barely.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've almost forgotten what the original Emperor hologram was like in ESB. Different voice actor too right? Maybe even different actor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
"Vom größten Bösewicht der Filmgeschichte zur Witzfigur" - Der Spiegel on Vader's new NOOOO

("From the biggest bad guy of film history to a laughing stock [literally, 'joke figure']")

At least a big name magazine in Germany agrees with our sentiments.