Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
You have to admire SuperShadow in a way, trolling people on TFN must be incredibly fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Starkiller is a lying wanker, we all know Tag and Bink chilled with Yoda first.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

DorianGravy posted:

No prob, Harvey.

Hey, while we're on the subject of ridiculous villains, could someone post a picture of that guy with the lightsabers on his knees and elbows? What was the deal with that guy anyway? Is he the most ridiculous villain in the EU, or are there others?

Star Wars has some pretty retarded Villains that'd put the silver age comics to shame. My favourites Trioculus.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

'Gosh darnit Luke stop listening to those Jizzy records of yours and help me with tha' farm!'

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Holy poo poo, this dude is approaching Calrissian levels of coolness.

Of course, he'll never be that cool, because he's a filthy rodian, but still.

My biggest SWG regret: Not rocking out as a Rodian before the game descended into the depths of awfulness.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Miketopus posted:

Any idea why there's so much disassociation with Knights of the Old Republic 2? I thought it was better than the first in a lot of ways. The first is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the sequel is treated like some sort of malignant monster.

Also, AcridWhistle, your link to the alternate ending for episode IV contains an extra h in the link. It comes up as "hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ" but works once you get rid of the extra h.

This more confusing since KOTOR 2 sort of mirrors the shift and tone changes from A New Hope to the Empire Strikes Back also.

Then again Bioware are hard gay for Revan and don't want no GIRL Jedi to try and outshine him in their awesome kick rear end MMO.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The guys developing the KOTOR MMO have pretty much left the events of KOTOR 2 out in the cold.

Which an insult to Obsidian as they paid respect to what Bioware did and generiously improved some of their stuff (Mandalore Ordo is awesome) instead of treading on it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not true, the MMO is basing its entire plot around the events in KoTOR 2. The entire "True Sith" empire brought up in KoTOR 2 is the enemy in the MMO.

Odd, I thought it was the opposite. Maybe I picked up BS from the internet over it then.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I like how it has taken a decade to go from mysteriousy evil guys associated with Vaders title and Palpatines power to generic dark space wizards with cloaks with the Sith.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Considering Bioware are actually going to make an effort with storyline and background content of their MMO I won't exactly write off that the Sith species won't make an appearince.

I am actually hoping they break out of their current linear RPG main plotline with it. I'm sort of positive as the taint of SOE or Hayden Blackman isn't anywhere near that MMO so it might be decent.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If Republic Commando 2 comes out followed by Imperial Commando I will quit bitching about the insanity of Starkiller and Force Unleashed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Okay, you may have not liked them, but that's a harsh accusation to throw at two of the better Star Wars games out there.

This mans avatar, surely you at least like HK-47 at least arioch.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I have to say that as below the rest of the Jedi Knight games as it was and as much as the plot made absolutely no sense, I really enjoyed Jedi Academy. Not in the same way as TIE Fighter or KOTOR, but it was just a fun, mindless "run around and use Force powers" game.

Jedi Academy is pretty kick rear end, you want Dark Side powers with your weirdo Rodian Jedi? you got it buddy!

Plus, The Movie Battles Mod is pretty kicking to mess around with :).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To be fair on EU.jpg can we have some awesome version? It'd be an excuse to show Wedge and Lando kicking rear end?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

So at best, Alderann is totally completely disarmed but it's politicians choose to fly around with an armed militia that has no official governmental ties.

Fits well with our FFR theory.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Astromech droid does all the work. Why do you think they never upgrade them to speak non binary?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I'm sure a friendly stroll to Wookieepedia will clarify this issue...

God drat it, Star Wars

Good to know that toilet paper is used for the same thing in a fictional universe, I would have never guessed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

It seems Obi-Wan's homeworld being named after Jon Stewart is official.

This is a joke right?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I love how the look on everyone's faces in that picture just shows they know how ridiculous the whole situation is.

Trioculus was so close to scoring too.

Also, prepare for the latest kick rear end smuggler Plaid Longbeardcrumbe coming to a EU book near you!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

I like that even the Stormtroopers look surprised.

The book Hissa is reading is clearly Sacrifice too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Wes Janson has never looked so much like a creepy gay intergalactic Pimp before.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

In all fairness he also went after hot human chicks, only to find that Wedge had beaten him to it.

No really, it's canon that Wedge just loving fraternized the poo poo out of the Alliance.

Weird alien dog rear end or Wedge Antilles sloppy seconds? you decide people!

In interesting news, The KOTOR MMO pretty much is planning Jump To Lightspeed-esqe Space Combat with the MMO now. Interesting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

I like space combat MMOs. Earth and Beyond or whatever the gently caress it was called had some cool stuff. I hope that zooming around the stars blowing up space whales is as much fun in the KotOR MMO.

SWG regret number two: Not grinding enough to fly around in an A-Wing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

Not worth it cause you could never build a good loadout.

I rolled as a Carbineer and Commando for the fun of it man.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

Yeah, I'm sorry. This looks absolutely awesome.

Except for maybe the fatty fatty fat Sith at the beginning.

Hey, Darth Flabbus is very sensitive about his glandular issues!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

T-1000 posted:

The concept of a lightsaber can be understood by a three year old or a caveman, but Bioware want to interpret it differently? gah.

How do we know said Jedi didn't have those weird personal shields on that the Jedi Knight and KOTOR series has introduced?

Fanwanking makes things easier for me with this franchise these days.

Anywho another one of the many reasons that LOTF sucks Daala ends up as the leader of the Imperial , gently caress off. And gently caress off LOTF for killing off Pellaeon.

I can't understand why moronic characters made by KJA end up ontop while much better ones are killed off.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

arioch posted:

More like Daala ends up the leader of the New New Republic. And somehow a fighter jock got elevated to the Emperor spot in the same paragraph.

Is there any way we can choose Emperor Bowie still?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

More like Mediocrity of The Force.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Lightsaber is pretty much Star Wars when you think about it. Awesome yet not very practical and bound to get and more short comings the longer it has been around.

This raises another question, why are blasters so crap anyways?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Spergy Answer to this: The Corporate Sector! those greedy slug thrower hating suits and their love for pushing over priced gas to fund wars!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hilariously, if the Empire used camo lightly armoured soldier with slug thrower armed trained soldiers they would be more of a threat.

Maybe Stormtroopers are actually decent shots and it really is the guns fault all along?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

On a side note, BlastTech is a pretty terrible name for a Weapons Company. Though I would love to actually hear a company in real life that manufactured guns and ammo called BangTech never the less.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone needs to recon that for the Marvel comics. Especially since, thanks to LOTF, it's harder to ignore.

Surely you mean MOTF? truly the only Legacy of that book series was needlessly killing off good EU characters lovely choices for the future of EU and letting Travis wank about with pointless Mandalorian shite.

God that book series makes me so angry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You skim over my posts man :( check back on the last page. Everyone loves the Marvel comics.

Well the cool ones anyway.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fun SWG memory, 20k credits was pennies that'd barely buy you a decent gun or speeder bike and not a ship.

Oh inflation!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That is true, but when Jump to Lightspeed came out, didn't a top tier Sword cost as much as an A-Wing?

The economy in that was so funny because it was 100% player controlled.

Pretty much, and it depended if the sword had been crafted somehow with the tooth of the infamous Lord Nyax or whatever crap looted from the constantly camped KJA inspired dungeon bosses.

I bought the Brawler newbie Jacket on the bazaar for 200 credits. I thought that was a steal :3:.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Haha, awesome. I also rolled with the CDEF for the first two days. It looked pretty pimping (Lando poses with one so yeah) but you might as well just punched those Worts and Wamp Rats to death.

I actually sort of miss the Commando Napalm spitting Flamethrower.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

"Remember TK-2320 do not feel bad for the Rebel scum we shoot, the laser blasts a humane cauterised hole in their insides and they die from shock. Now throw our thermal detonator disintegration grenades at the targets!"

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 19, 2010

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

taco_fox posted:

Ah, yes. I got a "please come back" 10 day trial around Valentine's and was greeted with this upon logging on :gonk:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

The horror. The horror. The unspeakable madness of it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

It looks like an ugly Care Bear.

SWG at almost its lowest :(.