Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Throb Robinson posted:

EDIT: With my undying shame I will admit that I played the Ewok love festival poo poo. You get the flying pink ewok as a pet that follows you around.

Did it try to eat any chicks you scored with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

This reminds me of the grand SWG Tradition of looking for people AFK to macro hump until they return.

God the emotes in that game were hilariously animated and easy to abuse.

I remember when I was a newb and thought LD was a big rear end guild.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The macros were part of what made pre-cu so incredible.

The entertainers who could macro together a dance wear some retarded outfit and sing some dumb rear end song always got a tip from me.

Did every server have a rapping Wookiee at one point?

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 19, 2010

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

I have a folder of like 3000 shots from that game. Its terrible like half of them are of me running around face raping people sitting down or scoring for minerals. I do have some badass Star Wars shots though that make me forget all the bad poo poo that go along with that game.

I posted the several hundred of mine up on FlickR. I wish I took more screenshots.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love how they only had one dying animation rigged for all humanoids.

Shoot some dude, watch as they jump backwards awkwardly into the air, then he flops onto ground.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Read the Bria sub section forum archived on the internet and don't be. Since Throb will be sharing when gets around to it here are some SWG screenshots of mine own.

I don't actually regret not cutting the UI out because I sort of miss it :(.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33393854@N03/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah well, Quinlan Voss is a girls name. In your face stupid fictional Clone Wars spawned character!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Speaking of comics, what is the series where Vader hunts down these annoying Clone Wars Jedi while being an Enforcer for the Empire keeping rogue Imperial General and Revolutionaries in line while handing whatever crazy Sith training P-Spiffy threw at him?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

It's Purge. Also known as "That Awesome One Where Vader Slaughters a Dozen Jedi in a Minute and a Half".

It sounds like you're mixing it up with the first Arc of Empire, though. Where Vader wipes out an "Anti-Sith Coup" that wants to keep the Empire but get rid of Palps/Vader.

Both sound like the Star Wars I want to read in comics and now are on to be purchased list.

As soon as I finish getting the rest of The Goon.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

I'm not aware of how the TPB are collected, but make sure the Empire one has "To The Last Man".

I'll be sure to get it as Empire is one of my favourites. At least most of the comics stay true to the spirit of the thing compared to the books.

Also Ricky, when your done with Death Troopers will you be doing this terrible smashed together storyline comics of FUTURE STAR WARS with (ugh) Cade Skywalker?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It was good for the first few comics, but it squandered what promise it had. Plus it pretty much solidfied Jagged Fel staying Emperor.

It could have been much better man. The first two or three comics can be left alone but the rest is fair game.

Also, if you have Battlefield 2142 kicking around and can be bothered First Strike has a major content release on the 28th of the month.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They don't suck, but they could have been so much better and there were some pretty silly ideas in it.

Sort of like Dark Empire. Not Dark Empire II don't worry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm still waiting for Darth Zeppelin.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

ssshhhhrrrruuuuggg

The non flammible gas is strong in this one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gustavus posted:

Say what you will about SWG and SOE, but it was one of my favorite MMO experiences, and with some tweaking, I'd love to play another game like it.

None of us are hating on SWG, just the broken creepy trading card obsessed post NGE thing that barely resembles it now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gustavus posted:

Yeah, I had stopped playing before the NGE and tried to pick it up again a while ago but could only think to myself Why would they ruin a perfectly good game like this?

Considering that SWG right from the start was a billion times more original that the MMO it tried to beat (Warcraft) which is the same basic RPG Light/MMO stuff just rehashed to be used friendly to a certain extent they didn't really have to do anything but some minor balancing and bug fixes with occasionally addition of related content.

SWG was doomed from the start though, being released at a time where two more prequal films had yet to be launch or just being launched and LA went completely retarded trying to push all sorts of prequal related games to get as much sales as possible.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I actually enjoyed Rage of the Wookiees and Trials of Obi-Wan. But it was clear that Lucasarts was pushing them to do stuff.

The new content was great, but gently caress them for making the quest items stuff uncraftible.

The term Galactic Civl War Revamp still oddly pisses me off to this day.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

T-1000 posted:

I admit, I made it up. He gets blown up at the end of ANH and miraculously restored a short period of time later. And then proceeds to not tell them anything useful that he knew from the prequels.
Also, they blew up the Death Star but the Imperials knew where the rebel base was. Rather than repairing him, it'd be a lot faster to just scrap the original R2, reformat another astromech you had lying around, and then start packing your stuff.

That does make a lot of sense.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kemper Boyd posted:

You can see glimpses of that in the WEG Empire Sourcebook for the Star Wars RPG. Like everyone else, they were not really allowed to cover anything before the OT, but apparently Lucas agreed on some things being told.

The rise of Palpatine is actually more intelligent in the RPG books than how it turned out in the PT.

I doubt nobody would predict Palpatines rise of power would be aided by a retarded lizard man.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

SWG gave us the gift of Imperial Wookiees and Mon Calamari. I wish to see the alternate universe where they stayed with the CU where they kept making their own faction armour because Stormtrooper style Wookiee armour would have looked race betraying levels of kick rear end.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Archr5 posted:

On a related note, Being at my first celebration taught me two things. 1) Dudes (and ladies) who dress up as storm troopers are 60% supernerd dicks and 40% actually pretty cool people. 2) I kinda want a storm trooper costume now.

Do you have the spare time to maintain and capital to spend on Stormtrooper armour? And if you get stuff the social skills to put up with the lamer members of whatever group you join to show it off with? If so go for it.

You got to admire the hardcore nerdyness of the 501st guys as with all levels of detail when it comes to hobby. And they do stuff for charity too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The only way he can redeem himself is to clone himself so we'll always have Lando in the slowly retarded future of the current EU storyline.

But everyone loves Lando, the one thing we can all be sure of in Star Wars.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The EU needs more pre A New Hope Smuggler Swindler Conman Lady Killer Pirate Lando dammit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

hellsy posted:

You should check out http://www.moviebattles.com/ its a star wars mod for jedi academy, the saber system is decent, nothing like chopping Count Duuku's head off. I think its pretty good and loads of people still play it. you can be pretty much everything from star wars and the battles all take place in real places from the star wars galaxy, like naboo and its theed generator.

Anyone else played it?

Movie Battles is pretty awesome, as it is like the video game version of your childhood free for all star wars action figuire brawls.

Plus, Droideka friendly fire is the easiest way to troll both teams.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I've finally gotten around to starting my Empire At War Alliance Campaign, oddly enough I never got far in it. Completed the Imperial and Zahn Campaigns in the past but always got stuck after getting Han Solo and Chewbacca on the winning side.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Meh, I'm strugging through some of the lamer aspects of Empire At War a game that should have been in development for another year to include a Z-axis for space battles.

They won't get my sympathy. Thats what you get for mass marketing mediocre clone war themed dreck for Consoles instead of making the obvious good game sequals.

Of course they won't learn if they recover from this like they didn't learn last time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett_and_the_Assassin_Droids

Can someone explain to me what the gently caress.

Wow, usually the RPG stuff is quite sane and and logical. This is just odd.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mahoshonen posted:

Forgive me for being late to the "Star Wars name" conversation, but I feel mine is goofy enough that it needs to be shared - Mcner Archi!

I'm picturing someone like Carl from ATHF who has to live next to all the absurd elements of the EU. "Look, pumpkin, if you want to get down and dirty with giant bugs, do it indoors, where I don't have to watch!"

Somebody has wrecked my freaking speeder!

Ahem, yeah go for that free trial if it is still valid since you never played the much more awesome version that died some time ago.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

Like how the Empire cloned General Grevious, but also made the clone a robot.

No, I don't know how that works.

Ewoks of love, the Jedi Village of Dathomir a never ending battle of Hoth and Imperials wearing pink uniform pantaloons.

SWG has it all baby.

I was going to say Pet Rancors, but the Creature Handler Profession was awesome.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Wampus42 posted:

I was so disappointed in the video game as the Outrider did not transform the way the toy did. I was all set for it being a big gently caress-off version of the B-Wing.

Post NGE Star Wars Galaxies and dissapointment go hand in hand!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Has there ever been a source or reason why space in Star Wars got a lot more nebula-esqe anyways?

Or was it just Lucas jizzing over CGI like with the rest of the prequals?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I refuse to acknowledge ANYTHING introduced in SWG as canon. The fact that there are hundreds of Jedi running around major cities in their robes supports that.

It all started when they acknowledged the Holiday Special with the Christmas Lifeday event.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why did Padme get elected queen anyway? How come a 14 year old was the best candidate on the entire planet?

A planet with a hollow core half populated by snobby upperclass royalists on land and retarded annoying clumsy lizard people under the sea.

gently caress, they should have elected Boss Nass. Everything is much better with Brian Blessed.

Also, I brought up the X-Wing Versus TIE Fighter on STEAM thing in the last thread, I would so buy it if they released it already.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

sniper4625 posted:

He was married to the Queen. As for his title... v:shobon:v

So Bail Organa is the Star Wars version of Prince Phillip?

In that case I guess Princess Amidala died not at the hands of Anakin but crashed in one of Coruscant speeder tunnels due to a sinister white Corellian Uno Speeder was claimed to be seen moments before her death!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 24, 2010

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

gently caress I hate the ground combat in Empire At War. It is just plain awful. It is like they had some intern play Command and Conquer, some of the Total War games and several other stellar titles and asked him to report him back.

They picked some rear end in a top hat who hated RTS because that is the only logical way to explain the tedious nature of the games poorly designed mechanics.

I'm really not sure if I want to keep playing now. Solid work LA, truly a modern classic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Slantedfloors posted:

My "favourite" levels were the ones where you were just constantly inundated with native units. Literally, just hordes of poorly armed (and poorly rendered...) models flying toward your units, surrounding them, and firing constantly.

gently caress fighting with and against those guys, they are the worst cannon fodder I have ever experinced in RTS gaming.

I personally find it mind boggling how easily your Infantry dies. Massive rear end Turbo Laser, annoying build pad anti-infantry lasers every goddamn vehicle that can move instantly kills them as it moves over them.

Not to mention the half assed defence upgrades and 'planetary condition effects'.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

The ground combat of Empire at War is especially appalling considering that the game was designed by Petroglyph, which is the company made from former Westwood Studios employees after EA shut down Westwood. The same people who made Command & Conquer are responsible for one of the worst ground-based combat games I've ever played.

That is pretty depressing fact yeah. Empire At War should have gotten a lot more staff and development time as well a better engine licence.

I can't believe they went for a release without putting a Z-Axis in the space battles.

On that topic, gently caress those Tartan Cruisers so much. Why the hell haven't the Fighters got an evade skill so I don't have to micro micro manage my space battles?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

arioch posted:

Command and Conquer was pretty terrible and was known as the spam-the-tanks gimmick RTS since LONG before EAW, so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

I wish Spam The Tanks would actually at least work in EAW. It doesn't, all the stuff under Tech 3 is hilariously rubbish.

Also, gently caress the EAW AI. Yeah sure Empire, keep building hundred of lame rear end tier 1 stuff in small groups and send them every five minutes instead of building your tech and fleet up enough so you can defend some of your worlds worth defending.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If you were building Star Destroyers you might have been using a mod. Despite the cruddy rear end the game is it has a hell of a lot of mods.

I'm sort of watching Phoenix Rising and seeing what they can do to make Ground Combat less shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The alternative is Starkiller now.