Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

Dave Syndrome posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Caamas_Document_crisis
Nope, novels.

Why does Han look like he is about to cry?

Personal theory is that he realized he was in a boring political story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Jesus that opening. I can almost feel the Fan service levels reaching critical with how overpowered the Jedi are getting.

"George we want to have Starkiller fall down a building for like ten minutes"

"I'll allow it, but only if he destroys like fifty Tie fighters on the way down."

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I can't think of much beside the Thrawn Trilogy. He is really raked over the sucking coals by other authors. Not that Lando can ever suck, Just that the authors write him as his horrid farce of Lando.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I hope the EU gets so out of control we are still debating on SA in like 20 years about the new Star wars books with 140 year old luke having to fight altimers to save the day.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Eh I'm tired and forgot to spellcheck. My point still stands. I still want my Skywalker tooling around with a cane and being bitter about the time he had to blow up the death star.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I always hated the Idea of being Strong in the force or weak in the force. Jedi shouldn't have Power levels. I always figured you were or you weren't. Then again the EU seems to be big on making the Force a Genetic trait with whole races Force sensitive and such.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

:v: It's almost as if the EU has no quality control!

Add this to the OP.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

That's a very strange stance to take because even if whoever was in charge didn't like TFU it at least was a moneymaker. The first game sold a SHITLOAD (over 5 and a half million) of copies and if 2 sold even half as many it'd be known as a huge success in videogame terms.

Maybe this new guy is more interested in putting out a game he likes then a Money maker? Or maybe TFU didn't make as much money back as they put into it. I don't know how much it costs to make a game these days.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Star Wars Galaxies is a poo poo ton of fun to someone who never played the old game.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Well he downloaded his mind into a capital ship computer that got covered in magma. The ship was preserved until an earthquake uncovered it. The player does some lovely missions to put him in a new body and gives him a droid army that you have to fight. Then you get the YT-2400 player ship.

:goonsay:

lovely story but I love my YT-2400 in a gay way.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

It looked like Star Fox 64 the game but your in asteroid chase from AoTC or the Begining of RoTS. Looks pretty but to me at least when I think space in Star Wars I think dogfighting from A New hope and Return of the Jedi.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Has there ever been a source or reason why space in Star Wars got a lot more nebula-esqe anyways?

Or was it just Lucas jizzing over CGI like with the rest of the prequals?

Probably going to go with the Jizz. But I remember one of the first mods I downloaded for Swg was a mod to get rid off all the nebulas and poo poo just floating around in space. Empty black with stars looks so much better.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I never thought about it. I thought she was older then 14. I guess that makes the whole anakin alittle less "Hand that rocks the cradle"

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I finally got to play TFU myself today instead of watching someone play it. I like how Shaak Ti becomes a force ghost by exploding into light. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I guess just disappearing wasn't UNLEASHED enough.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Ive been told Kyp gets better in the NJO. I just thought he became a bigger dick and learned nothing from his retarded adventure with KJA.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Did you know that SOE is putting out another Star Wars MMO?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_Adventures_(video_game)

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

http://starwars.com/vault/books/vortex_back/index.html

Han just looks so Tired of being on this book.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Bounty Hunter books brought in the assembler, one of the best Aliens Star Wars has to offer. It gets a pass on the rest of the poo poo cause of it.

Plus watching Xizor and Vader try to outdick each other is always awesome.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Rrail posted:

Oh, I don't mean that they couldn't do something on a local level. Just as the marines of 40K could probably absolutely smash a stalemated trench war, Thrawn showing up in the right place could, as you said, really outgun his opponents. I'm saying, on a galactic level, these people are irrelevant and insignificant. They would have no effect on long term galactic developments, yet they are portrayed as the most important actors in the galaxy. As I said, it's poor writers trying to stretch reality to allow their subjects to be really important and epic and galaxy spanning instead of what they should be; a regional blip.

Its probably due to the fact some marketing dude over at Lucasbooks or whatever saying that they have to be there and be part of the major action. Probably cause he thinks people would be scared if they opened a Star Wars book and it didn't have Han or Luke in it and go "I thought this was Star Wars." Little do they know that people who still read SW books I would say 9/10 times have read the books that came before it and don't need the big three.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where did the famous phrase "I sure am sick of these Star Wars" originally come from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWVQ-u1HH8

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Spergin' Time. I said it in the other Star Wars thread that there were like a poo poo ton of Sith running about in the GCW Era. Palps and Vader, The lost tribe of the sith and Darth Krayt's sith thing right? Or have I mixed things up? Either way too many sith.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Bene Elim posted:

In twenty years of raising Galen Marek

If I had to deal with the special needs version of a sith I would be pissed all the time too.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I haven't read them cause I lost faith in the EU after Legacy of the Force but from everything I have read it seems as terrible as that. More power to you for enjoying it but I doubt it could shake the mess of the EU up anymore.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

Does the fact that it would be really stupid narratively and sap the drama from light saber duels figure into it at all?

You clearly don't belong in this sperg thread.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Every time I see Filoni talk I always think I can see the contempt he has for George.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Worst part of the battle droids was that loving gag of C-3po attached to a battle droid.

"Die Jedi Guys!"

Who thought that was a good idea? 3po was always funny cause he was so funny and prissy not because he in wacky! Situations

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I always figured from Yoda that the Force was a connection to a high power/plane of existence. So you wouldn't see too much in the way of power on our plane of life. Thats why Palps and Yoda were awesome cause they were intune with their side of the higher power and beyond such things as fighting with lightsabers and all.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Penny Arcade did another Star Wars political cartoon, its supposed to be from a Coruscant newspaper.

Thats awesome.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I have not. got a link?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

This is the most hilarious stretching for reasons thing Ive seen in a while.

http://starwars.com/fans/events/cv_why_we_love_the_prequels/index.html

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Ask them how hard it is to have more adult themes in Star Wars after the highly sexless Prequels.

Or ask them if they think its even a good idea to have these themes in a adventure serial. I am curious to see what they say.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

This is the most hilarious thing from the EU I have ever seen.

I just love that they had to work in Vader personally giving the order to kill his stepbrother.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Don't know. Saw it on the Owen Lars page on wookieepedia.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Shadows is awesome with some lovely bits in it. IE Leia rape.

Finally my Avatar comes into play.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I still want to write my GCW story where a plucky band of Rebels have to team up with s few stormtrooper to escape a planet being bombarded by an over zealous Star Destroyer.

Really I would kill for some EU books written during the GCW. Not before, Not after. During.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

quote:

Jedi who added personal commentary: Yoda, Thame Cerulian, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Sidious, and Luke Skywalker.

Wut now? I wasn't aware Palps was a Jedi at anypoint.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

:psyduck:

I don't understand the logic of this at all. Granted its a stupid thing to retcon at all but do they really think that SW fans are too stupid to figure out its the same ship even though it has different colours?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I don't think ICMG is something to get mad over. Its a Joke to everyone I think. I think getting mad about the serious Background entries on Wookieepedia is more worth your time.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I keep wanting to take a risk and read FoTJ, But I'm like a Girlfriend on the Lifetime channel. Been hit too many times and scared to go back to my abusive Boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I think my biggest Issue with the EU as it is now is that(as of Stopping at Legacy of the Force) the people who write want to tell us and sperg about every minute in the galaxy. I don't want to read about Luke and company talking about politics and having dinner like how LoTF starts. I want to read them having stupid adventures and flying about real fast in space.

Star Wars is a lovely medium for stuff like that cause no one seems able to write it.