Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
I want a nine book series by Zahn, Stackpole, and Stover.

Set during the GCW.

That has no Luke, Leia but maybe Han in it.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
They will have to get creative and make up some.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

The genius of my fictional series is that it wouldn't be a huge major galaxy changing story. It could be one of the millions of adventures that arn't on an epic scale...What am I saying? Of course all Star Wars books must top the last books. But how do you top Force Cthulu?

As for bringing in new characters it should be easy enough. Just start the books off sort of slow, introduce new characters and have someone over at Lucasbooks say no when Denning thinks its an awesome idea to shoe horn them into "Current" day post Evil Jacen Star Wars. Just leave them to have a nice nine book one off adventure in GCW Star Wars land. After that they settle down or something that doesn't have them crossing the path of Luke and company.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Rogue Leader sucks compared to the other Rogue games. They even managed to squeeze the fun out of like the 7 space missions they put in there.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Bad thread. Stop saying nice things about TFU. If Lucasarts hears they might make a third one.

EDIT: Yea fun gameplay. Let me point my whole body at the object to select it for force rape. Why would that be awkward?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Meanwhile in the Jedi temple not long before AOTC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KP-FoVS3No

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Oh poo poo.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I just got the first two Marvel comics Omnibus. Loving it so much. When I get a few extra bucks I'm changing my avatar to this though.

Any ideas what I should have for text under it?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Saw this in the book store today. That is without a doubt the most offensive villain Ive seen in star wars. Just straight up take vaders helmet off and armour him up a bit. What the gently caress Bioware? I thought you were supposed to have Kotor to make up new characters and such.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

WELL I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS.

Now I have nothing to be mad about I guess.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

http://vimeo.com/14815990

This needs to be posted again just cause its so good.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

Got a bad feelin' about this...

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

http://starwars.com/fans/media/d23startours/index.html

Why did they have to completely get rid of the old Star Tours?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

The Holiday Special was so bad George Lucas refuses to acknowledge it. It doesnt even work out to a "well he thought the prequels were good movies so what he hates must be gold right" situation. It's so bad even Lucas will say it is poo poo and refuses to put it in legal distribution.

So far. Give it a few years for Lucas to figure out some people want to own it in an ironic sense.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Lightsabers held together by lightsabers. gently caress yea

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

This can't be real, even for the EU...is it?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/War_Dragon_rider

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

In the OT becoming a Jedi was about Self discovery and poo poo like that. It was less about waving a lightsaber about and more about figuring out who you were.

Then the new movies came about and said that being a Jedi is like going to school and you get to be a Jedi aslong as you can pass your Force push Final.

Hate that poo poo.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

wtftastic posted:

I suppose this is an odd question to ask, but I'm looking to retire my Darth Treya av and trade it in for eiher P-spliffy or Tarkin. Anyone got any good source images or suggestions? Its been ages since I've tried to make an av.

You should totally use this.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Its from the Marvel series of Star wars Comics. Vader is drawn super inconsistent on like every panel. I'll take a poo poo ton of weird vaders if you want them for an avatar.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

The Downfall posted:

I don't know if it something SWGoons would be interested in but there is a whole starwars RP community inside of this game that I play. I mean this literally in depth StarWars roleplay. The timeline is past the movies and I forget what year we're in off the top of my head.

I'm a senior of the community which consists of close to a thousands SWRPers. If any goons are interested you can drop me a PM and I can get you into it(It isn't anything exclusive) but if there is a general consensus that wants to do this I'll make a big post in this thread about how to get into it.

E:

There are several main factions in the community

EIE: Empire in Exile which is consisted mainly of Remnant loyal empire personel

Revenant Armada: A mainly evil sith based group(The group I'm a member of)

GAR: Grand Army of the Republic which consists of clones found at a old Cloning Center that was never destoryed by the empire.

Tetans: A Tetan empire rebirth

I want to know more simply out of a sick need. I bet this is like the Theforce.net boards but like a million times more spergy

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Star warsy and Iconic. I totally remember the part where vader was shooting blokes in the face.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Second life Safari: The Empire Strikes back

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Nothing about the game or canon or whatever but who thought this was a cool design? I like the maul saber but this is retarded as gently caress.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

I've become so jaded about Star Wars I literally thought that was a real thing without even thinking. I seriously had no doubt that someone thought that was a cool thing

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Oh its this cycle of the thread again.

gently caress I hate Karen Traviss and her writing.

Its so loving pointlessly nihilistic. I'm not a big Halo fan but Ive played all the games and read the short story book. In Halo 3 the big green guy saves the holographic woman and its a really good scene in the game. The dude is like "I was always going to come back for you" And cliche poo poo like that.

The the short story version done by Traviss. The big green guy just saved the holographic woman from being raped nonstop and when he saves her its more cause he needs her like a crude tool and not cause they are friends. Seriously its taking a way different tone for like no reason. Its a decent uplifting scene in the game. In the book its an awful pointless thing.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Its from the Shadows of the Empire Comic. The Quote though comes from the novel where Xizor is just thinking about raping Leia. As his charm is so good the only way she can feel normal again if from a lizard loving. His dick is the only antidote. poo poo you not thats how its laid out in the book.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

It was about time our deep shame was banished away from GBS.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Also Jedi owned the Falcon.

I'll let that sink in for a bit.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Have to reread shadows of mindor. Its the only SW book I've kept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Years after leaving the Star Wars EU hobby I just heard about the purge. Part of me wants to get excited but I think I'm too bitter to hope for the best. But is Legends the new EU or the rebranding of the old books?

Also you guys need to update the EU.jpg on the front page.