Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing
I just saw this on Tumblr.

I'm so sorry you had to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Chairman Capone posted:

Star Wars Kinect is out! It got glowing reviews!

...on TFN. Everyone else seems to agree it's as much a soulless wasted-opportunity cash-grab as anticipated.

Has there been a Star Wars-related product in the last 15 years that was universally reviled by Star Wars fans?

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The prequels.

But those were universally reviled by sensible people. I'm talking about the fanboys who frequent places like TFN.

The closest thing I can think would be the Holiday Specials, the Ewok movies, and the Ewoks and Droids cartoons, but those date back to the 80s. I'm more interested in 1997 - present.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

TheCommodore07 posted:

No, it's true. Because he was not a member of the Director's Guild, he could not get Steven Spielberg to direct RotJ, and was forced to select a non-guild member. This was all in Empire of Dreams, one of the "Making of" films.

I take everything in Empire of Dreams with a grain of salt.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Urdnot Fire posted:

I haven't read the other novelizations, but RotS is just that good, especially compared to most of the EU. Matthew Stover is regarded as one of the best for a reason.

I heard somewhere that the RotS novelization was written so as to make the film look like a (lovely) adaptation of the novel. I thought it worked.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

computer parts posted:

nope, TPM is objectively better than AOTC.

This is true. AOTC is by far the worst of the series.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Chairman Capone posted:

I know the guy who played Wedge voiced him in one of the Rogue Squadron games and did a few audiobook narrations. He's also the real-life uncle of Ewan McGreggor.

Denis Lawson. Also appeared in BBC's Jekyll.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing
I'm kind of alarmed that no one has considered the likelihood that Disney will bank on the nostalgia factor and finally release a digitally remastered, but otherwise un-hosed-with original trilogy.

I mean, how could they not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Thwomp posted:

Jesus, that looks like an action figure of Fred Armisen dressed as Leia.

Well, that seals it. I totally need to make a Portlandia action figure now.