Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves
Am I the only one that didn't like the shift of Kyle Katarn, from Dark Forces to Jedi Knight? I liked him much more as a simple mercenary, that and he looks a heck of a lot older in the first game compared to any of his "official" images.

Edit: For EU I would like to bring this downer back.

quote:

It has been a while since I looked through this thread but I don't remember it being mentioned (in this one at least).

Remember how pretty much everyone has a backstory in the universe? No matter how much time they have on screen? How about they are usually good, and want to be / are a rebel?

Well this one doesn't actually have a name, surprising, but he does have a wookeepedia entry and a small comic story

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_501st_stormtrooper
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trooper_(comic)

Yup, the trooper that gets shot be Leia has a backstory, about how his father was a good man but was gunned down by an imperial officer, how he shoots a civilian in the crowd on the orders of the same imperial officer (so he can leave his crummy planet). He plans to quit the Empire if he can just survive this last mission. He doesn't want to be the first one to assault the Tantive IV because the first one in always dies and none of their equipment ever works right. It does work out for him though until he pauses because of Leia's beauty and gets shot dead.

The trooper that shoots Leia has his own entry too and gets a name, kinda.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DV-692

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

sickinwyoming posted:

It's like Han Solo becoming a Jedi...
Please tell me this hasn't happened :ohdear:
According to wookieepedia he isn't force sensitive at all.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Needs more video edits.

Not quite finished death star firing ROTJ

How it should have ended Episode4, pretty heavily viewed

One of the old *Blank shoots first* SA edits, seems to be missing, officer, stormtrooper, and droid shoot first videos, might have to upload them

Edit of Greedo shooting first, SA I think

Trash Compactor Shot First, I think this was SA also

Death Star aiming problems

I really like these doors

What Tarkin should have done

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

Unidentified Rodian with jacket.

Might as well get these out of the way too

Underwear

quote:

Carrie Fisher : She has been quoted saying, "I had to tape them down, because there's no underwear in space. George knows that for a fact."

Breast : Something the editor of this page will never touch, ever

Bra : But does it resist lightsabers?

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 15, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Move over space otters

Meet Wilk, the sentient Wolf

No creepy space sex.....yet

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Chaos Hippy posted:

[b]What makes you so sure the Empire was evil?

-Blew up a populated planet that was known for its nonviolent, progressive society of nice people
-Blew up a planet
-Blew up a loving planet

Stop spreading lies and dirty rebel propaganda.

Everyone knows the Rebels did it while testing their own weapon to rival the Death Star.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 15, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Can anyone link me to anything in which Princess Leia doesn't come across as a complete bitch and space racist?

She won't let Galen Marek rescue her until he destroys the space hook (used to take wookie slaves to space or something), but she doesn't give Chewie a medal at the end of Episode 4.

quote:

Secondly, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan went on a "mercy mission" to deliver supplies for the people of Ralltiir. Officially, her objective was to present medical supplies and aid equipment to the Ralltiiri High Council. However, her true purpose was to supply the anti-Imperial resistence cells operating on Ralltiir with heavy weaponry and other military-grade equipment.

Nice job disguising a terrorist shipment as an aide ship :v:

If I am reading right she attacked Moff Tion when he found out that she and her family were rebels, a struggle ensued and Tion was fatally wounded. She then runs with the rebel Death Star plans. So in reality the Star Destroyer was chasing after a known fugitive murderer.

She then kills the poor unnamed stormtrooper trying to subdue her with a nonlethal stun blast.

Lies about the location of the secret rebel base, Alderaan blows up (possibly from some sort of super bomb they were creating prematurely detonating). Complains about the rescue attempt, the Millenium Falcon and her crew.

Puts out an arrest warrant for Han Solo after he pulls an Indiana Jones (removes artifacts from Yavin 4, the imperial army will soon be there, honestly you blew up a mining station, what did you expect the Empire to do?) but it is all cool once she finds out he pawned them to finance the Rebellion.

After Episode 5 she then commits bank fraud to secure a loan for the Alliance (creates a droid that looks like Rebellion finance minister Viscount Tardi, who had died months ago) for more X-wing fighters. The collateral was the crown jewels of Alderaan (why weren't they on the planet, thief).

I am not completely sure that Leia was going to use Chewie to free Han from Jabba's palace, she probably had a dealer to pay or something. Jabba may have just had her chained up and put in a bikini to teach her about the injustice of the caste system. Once again not sure, but possible...

Leia's thoughts on family

quote:

"Maybe Vader had died heroically, but ten minutes of contrition did not make up for years of atrocities."
―Leia, after her first and only visitation from the Force ghost of her fathe

Don't befriend her either because nearly everyone who knows her and is important enough to be referenced dies (Luke, Han Solo, and Lando are exempt). Same goes for Starships, it is going to crash or be boarded, even the Millinium Falcon isn't exempt.

Anakin Skywalker (biological father) : Dead
Padmé Amidala (biological mother) : Dead 20 seconds or so after giving birth to her
Bail Organa (adoptive father) : Dead
Queen Breha (adoptive mother) : Dead
Jacen Solo (son) : Dead
Anakin Solo (son) : Dead
Obi-Wan Kenobi (quasi uncle, kinda) : Dead
Galen Marek : Probably Dead, might even die more times
Emporer Palpatine : Met at a young age, dead
Chewbacca : Dead, crushed by a MOON
Raal Panteer (early romantic interest) : Dead
Lord Tion : Dead, killed by her hands
Wilhuff Tarkin (knew when she was younger) : Dead
Trioculus (love interest, dead) : I heard she killed him with lasers from her eyes, probably not true though.

Will have to update this when I have more time.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 17, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

It seems Obi-Wan's homeworld being named after Jon Stewart is official.

Lucas :mad:

At this point why not set up a website like the Star Registry? Give everyone the chance to name planets, for money of course.

T-1000 posted:

The thing I can't stand about the Clone Wars cartoon was when Anakin killed the gundark and used the pommel of his lightsaber to play its skeleton like a xylophone. He strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

The Force did it

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

How does timeoff work in Star Wars?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Standard_Calendar

Apparently there aren't weekends, do you just work until these fete weeks or holidays?

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

arioch posted:

2 holidays every week.

A 3 day work week? No wonder they Empire had slaves.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

quote:

After the horrors of the Clone Wars, Alderaan's frigates and light cruisers were dismantled and the world's weapons were placed aboard the armory warship Another Chance. The ship was programmed to continually jump though hyperspace until called home by the High Council. They would not have the opportunity.

We have no weapons, but we can get you some of our weapons in no time. What do you need?

Edit: Needs some more unnamed Imperial troops being named

Tenn Graneet
The Imperial Gunner that fires the Death Star Laser.

quote:

As news that it was Graneet who fired on Despayre and Alderaan spread throughout the Death Star's population, many of the people who Graneet encountered began reacting differently to him
What he finally got the respect he deserved ?
Don't gently caress with Tenn, he won't just kill you, he'll blow your whole planet up
He Tenn, badass, drinks on me
Tenn, the Emperor just sent you a hand written note and autographed picture along with a medal
Oh your son is a lawyer? Wow pretty impressive, our son just blew up a PLANET yesterday, yup a whole planet

quote:

As the ranking NCO on the superlaser's gunnery crew, it fell to Graneet to actually complete the firing sequence by pulling the firing lever.
He also made pew-pew and boom noises while doing this (unsourced)

quote:

When given the order to fire the superlaser at the rebel base on Yavin 4, Graneet froze, wishing desperately for something to save him from his dreadful duty. He informed his gunnery crew and the overbridge to "stand by" and then repeated his order a few seconds later. His wish was granted, as his few moments of hesitation were sufficient to allow Luke Skywalker to destroy the Death Star. Graneet died in the resulting explosion
Do they hand out magic lamps with a Genie inside that twists everyone's wish into something horrible at the Imperial training camps?

This guy could have destroyed the Rebellion, he could have taken the shot, but he choked, and now he is dead along with everyone else on the Death Star.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 17, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Robot clone?

sniper4625 posted:

I dunno if you wanted to add a link to the Let's Read Bad Star Wars Books Thread, at least it would save Thrawn the trouble of posting it every so often:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3296954

By skipping this you miss out on Vader's glove, some sort of kid, Jabba the Hutt's dreadlock sporting father, and Trioculus (the dude getting shot).

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Slantedfloors posted:

What, you didn't know that? The original R2-D2 died of a heroin overdose after ESB and had to be replaced.

The only logical reason why he never told Luke and Leia how they were related to Vadar and each other.

quote:

The General instructed Nachkt to take the droid apart and extract any information on the Republic from his memory, and Nachkt complied, discovering that R2-D2's memory contained every single Republic formation and strategy

Nice job with the encryption geniuses

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 17, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Slantedfloors posted:

I'm sorry, did you not see otter.jpg?

Does this still count for creepiest?

Dude wants to have sex with a Bothan He does

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Slantedfloors posted:

It's Wes Janson. For the entire length of the comic he kept trying to remember where he had put her number.

Thanks, perhaps this picture is more creepy then.

Post coitous

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

How do we know said Jedi didn't have those weird personal shields on that the Jedi Knight and KOTOR series has introduced?

How many ways are there to defeat a lightsaber now? In the OT trilogy weren't they pretty much only countered by another lightsaber? Then again the some of the original artwork showed stormtroopers carrying shields but that was when they had lightsabers also.

MANDALORIAN Iron

Telekinesis, apparently

Sith Alchemy

Phrik, which General Grievous's magnaguards staffs were made out of

Cortosis which when pure kills whoever touches it (so wear layers) - Hilariously this shorts out the lightsaber, shutting it down for a while

Force Weapons - just imbue that spork with the force, it is magic

Darkswords

Edit: According to wookieepedia the ideal range for a Blaster rifle is between 30 and 60 meters.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 18, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Slantedfloors posted:

My favourite part of the Star Wars Weapons Technical Manual (or whatever) was the section on "slugthrowers" (actual guns) where they had to come up with really terrible reasons for why everyone isn't using them.

quote:

A typical slugthrower pistol had an effective range of around 60 meters, while on a rifle this was extended to 300 meters. Sniper rifles had been known to pick off enemies from over a mile in the hands of skilled snipers and marksmen...

Slugs also varied; some were made of metal, some ceramic or even hardened plastics...

While a blaster bolt would dissipate after it has reached passed it's maximum effective range, it would not drop thus was considered superior in terms of accuracy, a slug however would drop to the ground once it has far surpassed it's maximum effective range....

mercenaries fearing an intervention by Jedi Knights used rapid-fire slugthrowers that were impossible to completely deflect, unlike blaster bolts.They were also popular amongst forces looking to take advantage of the explosive nature for intimidation or to ensure destruction.

whatever they lacked in functionality, they regained in stealth. A slugthrower could be silenced while a blaster usually could not. Also, blaster rounds were almost always visible. Although this could be seen as an advantage, non-tracer rounds used by slugthrowers added an extra element of confusion and surprise, not allowing the target to see where the shots were coming from.

Furthermore, slugthrowers were generally cheaper and more easily repaired than blaster.

Why would anyone not use a slugthrower over a blaster?

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 18, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Throb Robinson posted:

If I remember its cause a blaster takes like pennies per shot while a Gun costs like 20$ a shot.

Makes sense for George Lucas I guess

quote:

Tibanna gas was a frequently favored medium...

Tibanna was a rare form of matter found in both gas and liquid form. In its natural state as a gas, tibanna comprised the atmospheres of several planets, most notably that of Bespin, where it was processed at Cloud City; and the planets Taloraan, Kril'dor, and Rendili.

vs

Find some metal (most any on your planet will do), melt it down, pour melted metal into this form, shove explody stuff behind it.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Barudak posted:

Is blaster fire undodgeable in Star Wars? As in it travels so fast that there is no need to factor wind or the motion of the target to guarantee a hit?

How good are you at dodging a gun at below 60 meters? A 1911 has a muzzle velocity of around 320 meters a second.

quote:

This combination of light and plasma formed the deadly bolt fired from a blaster.

Who knows, it sounds like a projectile to me and appears that way in the movies (in which it moves a hell of a lot slower than bullets) but it isn't affected by gravity.

Edit: Odd the info about range came from blaster rifles but in the description of the E11 Blaster rifle (the iconic stormtrooper rifle) it lists maximum as 300 meters, optimum 100 meters. The gas is listed as holding 300 shots and the power coil at about 100 depending on settings. Apparently the stormtroopers were really stringy with firing for some reason.

quote:

Stormtroopers carried E-11 rifles throughout the Galactic Civil War. The design was based on that of the DC-15 series of blaster rifles, carbines, and pistols favored by the Republic clone troopers. Some stormtroopers were known to complain that the original E-11 had been poorly designed to compensate for recoil, leading to diminished accuracy in firefights, and preferred the carbine model instead.

So blasters even have decent recoil also.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 18, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Barudak posted:

So if it isn't affected by gravity or wind resistance, it at minimum makes an excellent sniping weapon alternative over slug-throwers. There are sniper-blasters correct?

I would believe so but I am having problems finding anything on wookieepedia

Would you settle for a Blastsword ?

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Directorman posted:

I think slugthrowers aren't used anymore because stuff like Stormtrooper armour and personal shielding pretty much renders them useless

quote:

As blaster usage increased, the popularity of personal armor declined - while extremely effective against most slugs, even modern armor could not stop a direct blaster hit, and as a result the wearing of bulky or cumbersome protective gear seemed to offer little benefit, while still obstructing movement. Thus, the blaster arguably increased the usefulness of the slugthrower.

Except against stormtroopers or droids I guess.

Perhaps droids were the real reason slugthrowers went out of style.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Torael_7 posted:

So really, the idea that blasters have any sort of significant or noticeable recoil is probably pretty retarded. :v:

Physics being dumb in Star Wars? Nah

Blame it on the force.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Maybe Stormtroopers are actually decent shots and it really is the guns fault all along?

Wasn't there a weird rumor that BlasTech or one of the companies supplied faulty E-11s and most of them ended up on the DeathStar (explaining how those Stormtroopers in particular were such lousy shots).

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 18, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

I am quite upset horse pilot gets all the glory as opposed to bat pilot.

Mister_Eel posted:

I wonder what Han Solo was doing in Mos Eisley anyways when Obi-wan and Luke needed a transport. It seems like it wasn't very prudent to be on the same planet as Jabba.

He was addicted to laughing at this thing pass out from juri juice.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 18, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

T-1000 posted:

Wouldn't the reason you use ray guns instead of bullet guns be the fact that bullets punch holes in your body, injure your internal organs and cause blood loss, while ray guns disintegrate you? I just assumed armour and shielding on spaceships and stormtroopers rendered conventional weapons ineffective.

Bullets sound pretty effective :v:

I don't remember anyone disintegrating either, especially Leia (as she was hit unarmored)

Edit: I was carbine / ranger when it first came out. I was somehow more effective when I became image designer / ranger (thanks to not draining one of my bars so quick, with crappy shots). I was AFK a lot near the base and would bury people when my camps extended the ridge.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 19, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

They ever fix the NPC naming? I only played maybe for 4 months when it first came out.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sadly most of my screenshots are completely confusing (way way too many characters on screen), humping things, or sitting in odd areas (enemy spawns, inside bushes, levitating 50 meters in the air, etc)

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Throb Robinson posted:

Not sure but I remember once that SOE once ported any reported credit farmers into the Nightsister instance.

Don't know but early on I remember with lag quite a few people would log back in and find themselves at (0,0) on the planet map.

Tough to make out but my character is about 20 meters in the air, this was after dieing in one of the battlegrounds maybe a few weeks after launch.

Levitating creatures.

Those other pictures earlier weren't tents / camps. This was (excuse the gay manpile and horrible angles, missing the giant dome + tons of other features), the final ranger tent / camp. It was bigger than most player buildings.

DougieC posted:

The list of devices is huge by the way, and I really enjoyed reading it.
According to tvtropes every plot device ever is a trope. Really. Don't believe me ? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Beowulf
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheEpicOfGilgamesh

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 19, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

R2 gives Luke video recordings of Anakin and Padme in the Dark Nest trilogy.

So he just waited 35 or more years?

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

So it looks like the new more realistic lightsabering in TFU 2 results in stormtroopers loosing their heads no matter where you hit them but not loosing their other limbs. How much more time until this game goes gold?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-star-wars/703296

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

It looks more like a series of minigames (ripoff minigames, I saw a Tower Defense in the video and some others) with Star Wars theming and a avatar based "chat area" almost like ZuZu pets or whatever kids play.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-star-wars/100769

Do you think they will censor the word jizz :3:

Edit: Yeah Just a bunch of minigames and stuff
http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/season3_date/index.html

quote:

Star Wars fans, Clone Wars Adventures is an action-packed virtual world where players can go online to experience fun minigames, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments and competition. Clone Wars Adventures lets players duel iconic adversaries with their own custom lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a custom starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 25, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Karandras posted:

I wonder what they'll do with Anakin's padawan at the end of the Clone War's animated series? Murdered by clones? Killed by Vader?

I could only hope Starkiller. I want him to go back to Jedi killer, along with killing all the stormtroopers in the way to keep himself secret.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I downloaded the TFU demo and right at the beginning I accidentally threw my lightsaber and chopped the head off of an R2 unit. It shrieked. Killed my enthusiasm along with that poor little droid.

My first playthrough midway through the first level one of the rebels got stuck after I broke the window and it autosealed to cut off the vacuum. The top half was inside the ship, this caused his ragdoll to freak out rather well. Arms were out as if trying to grab something and moving around, along with the head and a bit of the torso.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Also, how the hell does Starkiller survive being ejected into space? I thought he'd get some cool cybernetics or something but nope. I guess the Empire, or Vader, has great technology where one can be stabbed with a lightsaber, thrown against walls and then pushed into the vacuum of outer space and walk away hours later with no scars or anything.

Who knows, is him surviving canon? Using the teasers from the TFUII for all we know he could be some sort of Star Wars ghola.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

So much action!

Just a throwback to the OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA

Smooth move at 37 seconds in. Obi-Wan twirls around slowly and Darth Vader decides to just not strike him in the back for some reason.

Captain von Trapp posted:

George Lucas is 66 years old. He's not actually obese as far as I can tell, but he doesn't look like he's exactly in peak physical condition. I'm not sure he has another trilogy of healthy life expectancy left.

Click here for the full 540x720 image.

Preserve me that I may taint future projects.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 26, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Mad Hamish posted:

If my girlfriend told me that she'd just massacred the Jedi I would be so turned on.

He did it because he just loved her so much and they were trying to tear them apart.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

George is a :pedo: right? I mean, there's really no way I can suspend my disbelief for a relationship between Anakin and Padme when the kid is that young in Episode I.

Indiana Jones and Marion

quote:

George: I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

George:He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real strange relationship.

Spielberg: She had better be older than twenty-two.

George:He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

George: Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen it's not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he...

http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/03/raiders-story-conference.html

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

This is basically going into :godwin: territory but it goes back to the origins of the Milgram Study. That study was done specifically to see why nazi soldiers followed ordered to horrible things. The basic conclusion is that following orders doesn't make you evil or cowardly.

Just putting it out there but Luke liked to shoot womp rats while speeding around Beggar's Canyon for shits and giggles in his youth.

Of course later on it was made cannon that they would attack other creatures, and started going after Jawas and moisture farms, so a bounty was placed on them, and then it turned into Luke just "stun blasting" them.

quote:

Womp Rats were also very fast and stealthy. They could have had the ability to cloak themselves with the Force since Ki Adi Mundi and Aurra Sing both found out that they could barely sense them with the Force aiding them.

:haw:

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

We see more examples of Empire oppression in the original trilogy. Storm troopers stop and question people on the street, demanding papers on droids.
Just look at how most of them are made and operate. They are practically nuclear reactors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fwwT5jp-dA :v:

Leperflesh posted:

Han has to avoid 'imperial entanglements' because they board freighters looking for contraband (whatever that might be).
What Han smuggled, probably weapons too.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spice

Drugs, illegal drugs. Han Solo was pretty much a drug runner.

Leperflesh posted:

Cloud City has to run beneath Imperial radar just to operate independently, and we understand later why Lando needs to do things that way (and actually the clean white modern interior suggests that by staying out from under Imperial interference, Cloud City is an oasis of prosperity in a galaxy that is otherwise decaying and worn out).

Nope, the clean white modern interior and an oasis of prosperity comes from War profiteering Tibanna is used in Blasters, Cloud City being the main supplier.
Lando also won administration of it in a Sabacc tournament, the Empire was just trying to restore democracy to it.

Leperflesh posted:

And yet mobsters like Jabba are allowed to prosper, apparently without interference by the police or government.
If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from

Up until Episode 6 or the prequels, Tatooine was just some hick planet in the middle of nowhere. They still even refer to at such in Episode 1 but it seems a bit larger and more sophisticated somehow (pod racing)

Leperflesh posted:

Even on Endor, the Ewoks (presumably) already hate the Empire, even though they've just got a little outpost. They're ready to throw lives away attacking them with only a little prompting (and, OK, their shiny metal god telling them to I guess?)

The Ewoks were going to cook and eat the rebels, I think they just don't like anything, nasty savages. They were effectively brainwashed and used as suicide troops by the rebels.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

I feel dirty for knowing that the Millennium Falcon actually WAS in Episode III. :(

I had to look this up to see if it was The Millennium Falcon or just a generic YT-1300 freighter (I had to look that up too), turns out it is The Millennium Falcon

http://web.archive.org/web/20080414160842/www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050526/

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

NeonTurtle posted:

Edit: Hell, you wouldn't even need to refit a destroyer. I just remembered that the Empire has modular Strike Cruisers.

All I see is a Penis Cruiser

quote:

At least one Strike-class cruiser, Peregrine, was modified by the Rebel Alliance with two large, bulbous housings for gravity well projectors, which were removed from a captured Imperial Interdictor cruiser. This ship was designated by the Rebels as a modified strike cruiser.

:3: (Sadly the image doesn't match up to what I am thinking though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

This may have been brought up before or maybe in one of the Plinket reviews but who wanted Senator Padme / Amadala dead and why?

The only person I can come up with is Nut Gunray and revenge, I guess?

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 4, 2011