Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

DorianGravy posted:

All the other person would have to do was slide the lightsaber two inches toward him and, whoops, there go all his fingers!

Turns out in the EU there are lots of things that resist lightsabers. Cortosis (can short out the lightsaber), Phrik (Electrostaffs in Episode 3, Dark Trooper Armor), Darkswords, Armorweave, Sith Alchemy, Force Weapons (so just imbue a spork with the force and use it), MANDALORIAN iron.

That and I think that the picture is just fan faction, I don't think it actually exists in the EU.

Instead of lightsabers I think characters would be better off using some sort of weapon that conveys energy to the target via electromagnetic radiation, heck maybe even set it up so it works on a spectrum that the native population can't see. The enemy would just see them point the weapon and BAM death, imagine the demoralizing aspect, you just look over at your fellow alien friend and poof he is dead, no real noise from the weapon just death. I don't know what to name a device that would primarily work by amplifying light through stimulated emissions of radiation though.

Wouldn't take out people in cover though, I guess you would have to have explosives. Maybe they could even use the power from splitting atoms to destroy massive areas. Sure would beat running up to everyone and hacking their arms off, it would just be more civilized.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

Locutus Of Bored posted:

Also the Wamprat problem.

I brought up those facts before along with this one.

quote:

Womp Rats were also very fast and stealthy. They could have had the ability to cloak themselves with the Force since Ki Adi Mundi and Aurra Sing both found out that they could barely sense them with the Force aiding them.

Womp Rats - force sensitive semi confirmed :v:

Han Solo may be the only creature / person in the entire universe not force sensitive.

dialhforhero posted:

No matter how you spin it, he smuggled illegal poo poo. Illegal enough that he had to dump it, or for that matter make modifications to hide things on his ship in floorboards, etc.

quote:

While in the Corporate Sector, the Falcon was damaged after Solo and Chewbacca attempted smuggling weapons to insurgents on Duroon.
Nice a merchant of death, still better than Leia sending heavy arms on a "medical mission"

quote:

After a disastrous incident on Kamar, where Solo and Chewbacca accidentally began a religion (the Cult of Varn) before having to flee with their lives, they returned to the Corporate Sector
Religious genocide hahaha

quote:

Glitterstim played a key role in convincing Bria Tharen to abandon her religious life on Ylesia. She was given a vial of the drug by Han Solo
Not just a smuggler but a dealer too :v:

What is the deal with the Star Wars KOTOR MMO? When is it coming out and how much have they spent on it already?

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 18, 2011

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

One thing that bugs me about Star Wars is that everybody is a Jedi, a Senator, a Smuggler, or a Bounty Hunter. The number of Jedi, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters is ridiculous. Aren't there any other job descriptions in that galaxy?

Is orphan a job description? There are certainly a ton of them, maybe it is a subclass or specialization of rebel though.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

He led the Purina army.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Now that I think about it, those stormtroopers are pretty retarded. If they'd have just behaved like regular cops instead of scorched earth death commandos then the Empire would still be around. They go ask the Jawas whats up, go to the farm and wait for Luke to come back, confiscate the droids. Done.
How else would we know the Empire is evil?

I refuse to believe any explanation except Troopers or Robot Chicken's