Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's an actual Star Wars question, I'm watching Empire on Spike right now and what exactly falls from Luke when he hits the bottom of Cloud City? You see something going down into the clouds but I couldn't tell what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AcridWhistle posted:

Might as well get these out of the way too

Underwear

She also apparently didn't wear any underwear in the slave girl outfit so Anthony Daniels would get quite a clear look at Carrie's fissure. (that pun works better when said out loud. :mad: )

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

arioch posted:

It'll be hilarious if Luke's still around in Legacy time period. Or Luuuke.

In the Legacy comic book series Luke is definitely dead as his force ghost showed up a couple of times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

I think we might now have a reason for Haden Blackman's sudden departure from Lucasarts...

I'm sure some people in this thread will be overjoyed by this, but think about it; TFU II has been proclaimed to be a "Empire Strikes Back" of sorts plot-wise, and since the third sequel's cancellation is taking place so late in TFUII's dev cycle, it's likely we're getting a cliffhanger ending with no foreseeable resolution in the future. Ouch, my canon.

Welp, looks like internal development at Lucasarts has gone to poo poo, thankfully we have competent developers like Bioware and Traveller's Tales to handle thi

:wtc:

That's a very strange stance to take because even if whoever was in charge didn't like TFU it at least was a moneymaker. The first game sold a SHITLOAD (over 5 and a half million) of copies and if 2 sold even half as many it'd be known as a huge success in videogame terms.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw a trailer of the space stuff in the Old Republic MMO and it looked like crap.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny thing about Luke assigning titles to himself is how in Return of the Jedi Yoda makes a point that he doesn't even consider Luke a Jedi yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else think it would actually be pretty creepy to have your dead master invisibly following you around giving you advice? Sure it works in movies but in real life you'd be taking a crap or sexing up your lady friend and you know that Obi Wan is out there... watching.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Penny Arcade did another Star Wars political cartoon, its supposed to be from a Coruscant newspaper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they announced any Star Wars games for the Sony Move? I know there's that stupid looking Kinect game but you'd think that they'd have a lightsaber game with the controller that looks like a lightsaber. Of course the same argument was made towards the Wii and that never happened either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain von Trapp posted:

Although some daytime Cartoon Network shows are pretty demented. That Flapjack show has more than a couple of horrifying moments by kids show standards.

The most recent episode of Adventure Time had the moral that violence is the answer to problems.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crowetron posted:

In other news, I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow, so I'll be out of town for the Force Unleashed 2 launch. Guess you guys will have to wait a week or so for my massive post about literally every awesome thing in the game where I conspicuously avoid any mention of the plot

Unfortunately I've heard that the ending is pretty ambiguous which doesn't help since they canceled work on the third game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Roboto posted:

You know, if you rewatch the Kenobi and Grievous fight, it makes no sense at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqKvKUTElA&feature=related

What exactly is Grievous doing for the first half with his 4 sabers? Randomly waving them? He doesn't seem to be aiming for Obi-Wan at all, and the camerawork is so zoomed in you can't tell any of the choreography.

The same problem with all the prequel lightsaber fights, nobody ever seems like they're trying to actually attack each other. They should have hired whoever it was that did Jet Li's Fearless, now THAT is some good weapon choreography.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anybody else find those guys who run around dressed as stormtroopers in real life kind of creepy? Not just because they're so obsessed with a movie but they're so obsessed with the BAD GUYS from a movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just thinking, man is the Padawan hairstyle stupid looking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Question about ESB, where did Luke's ladder go when he left Dagobah?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another prequel contradiction from ANH, Obi Wan claims that nobody has called him that since "before (Luke) was born."

Something else that could be also seen as a contradiction is Obi Wan telling Luke that he's to learn the ways of the Force which implies that anybody could do it. Not, "well good thing you were born force sensitive because otherwise you'd never become a Jedi."

Edit: I know Luke thinks Vader redeemed himself in the end but if I was Han or Leia I wouldn't be too happy with him even if he did kill the Emperor. I mean, he still killed Leia's adopted parents AND tortured the gently caress out of both of them.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 29, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

arioch posted:

Midi-chlorians were a lovely explanation for Force-use that did not satisfactorily address any of the three areas the Force had to do with:

1) genetic disposition to Force-sensitivity
2) mental attributes related to Force-sensitivity
3) "luminous creatures are we, not this crude matter" and the Force-user's ability to vanish into the Force upon death

The more I think about it the more I don't like the idea of "Force sensitivity" being what makes you able to become a Jedi/Force user. It kind of cheapens the idea of the Force being this all encompassing energy and instead just makes it like D&D magic.

I don't mean everyone should be able to run around doing Jedi level stuff but treating the Force like its something you have to be genetically disposed to even feel is stupid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angry Midwesterner posted:

But... but! Without the Ewoks in RotJ we wouldn't have Lieutenant Kettch or Apocalypse Endor or the dead Ewok toy joke, so truly we do live in the best of all possible Star Wars!

Of everything ever said in this thread, a reference to Candide is not what I was expecting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Why didn't they just stick with the pale sick looking Palpatine from ROTJ make up instead of going all latex el rubberito with the ROTS one?

God yes, I hated how Palpatine looked in RotS after the Mace fight. He looked like a goddamn frog.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Quantumfate posted:

Incredibly stupid question I'm sure, but I don't quite want to dig through eighty pages and it doesn't seem to be on the front page. Where can I get unedited DvDs of episodes 4, 5, and 6? Without all that added stuff in them?

Crappy quality versions of the original OT can be found as extras on the Special Edition DVDs. Lucas claims there aren't any higher quality copies of them so you'll have to take what you can get.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LLJKSiLk posted:

The worst part of this isn't the lightsaber claws but that he lost an arm to a Wookie playing Holochess. Really? I'm pretty sure that line was supposed to be an exaggeration.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of the Clone Wars cartoon, I don't watch it but I did hear recently that Liam Neeson is going to be playing Qui-Gon in an upcoming episode (appearing as a vision/ghost to Obi Wan.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost recreate Star Wars

Apologies if it's been posted. Felt like it should be posted here. It's as spot on as two people performing parts of droids can go. R2 specifically was perfect.

That was great, "well we've to Tatoinne before! You were built by Darth bloody-Vader!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I will never get tired of posting this.

So... they still have lightsabers and lasers and poo poo but there are still guys fighting with spears and shields? Couldn't they at least give the spear guys lightspears or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm still waiting for a canon explanation for why Lando pronounces Han's name like hand minus the d.

What about how in the Death Star briefing in ANH the guy in charge pronounces Leia's name wrong? He calls her Lee-A.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, watching Episode IV on Spike and when did they add Boba Fett into the scene with Han and Jabba? He was so poorly matted in there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with the Yoda fight is that, other than when he was loving with Luke, Yoda is a very dignified character. There's nothing dignified about flipping around like an idiot in a fight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So in Star Wars TV show news Lucas claims that they have "50 hours" of scripts written for the show. Of course they don't have ANYTHING else ready yet but that's some news I guess?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

IIRC, it's the Dark Horse Infinities version of A New Hope. Luke fucks up and the Death Star blows up the rebel base.

It is from Infinities but it wasn't Luke's fault that they screwed up. The comic makes it seem like it was just a faulty torpedo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why can't Lucasarts make a Jedi Knight 3 instead of the Force Unleashed bullshit? Didn't Force Unleashed bankrupt the company?

What? No, the Force Unleashed series made a ton of money. The first game sold 1.5 million copies in one week when it first came out and sold over 8 million copies altogether. Finding sales figures for TFU2 is a little harder but one source says it sold at least 2 million.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Wait hang on, did those games go off a wild tangent to replace what happened in the films or something?

The Dark Side endings and the DLC did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That video reminds me of something else I hated from the Prequel Trilogy, the retarded looking Padawan haircut.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sorry if this has already been posted but I haven't seen it but Joe Johnston (director of The Rocketeer and Captain America) is bugging George Lucas to let him make a Boba Fett movie. This isn't too out of nowhere as Johnston originally worked for ILM and apparently helped co-create Boba Fett.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure how "new" this news is but I just read about how not even the prequels are safe from Lucas' monkeying around as he's replacing TPM's puppet Yoda with a CG version.

Not sure how to feel about this because while it's more after the fact loving with the movie that puppet was goddamn HORRIBLE.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Does anyone remember a book that was released, I thought it looked like some sort of horror survival story except there was a bloody stormtrooper helmet on what appeared to be (maybe?) a bloody hook on the cover? It was a long time ago and I saw it in Rome of all places and forgot about it until this morning.

Was it any good? Has there ever been other attempts to play around with other genres in a Starwars book (not talking about little subplot tangents here, but I mean, instead of standard Sci-Fi adventure, they're full blown Star Wars book plots around horror, murder mystery, Noir etc.) If so, have they been good? They might be in the (amazing) OP already, but it's hard to tell if they're what I'm looking for or not.

I have no idea of the quality of the book but the title was Death Troopers

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zat posted:

:laffo: I just ran across this:

edit: Oh, gently caress, this thing was also posted in the SW Photoshop thread an hour ago. Even better if it's goon-made. :)

Around 2004-2005 there was a great Photoshop Phriday where the theme was Star Wars photoshops. Someone did a series where every time Han shot something a laser blast came out of it first, including the com panel in the detention block.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Rogue Squadron III NEVER HAPPENED.

Mostly because the game sucked, but also because it has its fair share of EU off-screen fuckery.

(Funny that those charges also affected the audio in the pause menu in the game.)

The worst thing about that article? It makes the assumption that the reader doesn't know who Han loving Solo is. Really, Wookieepedia?

"After the bunker's integrity was compromised, Sarkli attempted to kill Han Solo, a Rebel operative who led the attack on the bunker."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but is Babylon 5 the only show/movie that even gave a nod toward realistic physics with its space battles?

The new(ish now) Battlestar Galactica series also went with a more realistic space combat. Also while it had sound in space it was severely muted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zakharov posted:

How does time work in the Star Wars universe? Everyone talks about days, hours, and years, but won't measurement of each vary greatly by what planet you're on? Is there a canon explanation for this?

In the Vernor Vinge "Zones of Thought" setting which takes place far in the future and deals with people who spend lifetimes living in space they do time by just measuring things in seconds. For longer amounts of time they just measure stuff in "kilo" and "mega" seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Was that the same guy who tried to rebut the review but it became apparent he wasn't really paying attention to it or wasn't understanding the criticism. And then it was revealed that he named his son Anakin so he wasn't exactly unbiased.