Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

So, Steam's daily deal for today is Force Unleashed II for 5 bucks. I've heard it's pretty bad - but is it bad enough that it's not even worth 5 bucks? Or is there at least some fun to be had from it?

TFU II is interesting in a trainwreck-y sense. You can see where development just kind of got cut off at certain points. Like how the Dagobah level is barely anything, you basically just walk off your ship, go through two screens and watch a cutscene. Or how there's only something like four unique locations in the entire game and you go back to one of them twice. Its too bad because I thought the gameplay was improved over the original but everything else is crappier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Don Baker posted:

Didn't LucasArts tell the development team they were going to be let go once the game was done?

I'm fairly certain they fired the entire team and announced that they had canceled TFU III before 2 even came out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

The guy's name is Starkiller? Was this only a nod to the original Star Wars scripts or did he have something to do with Luke as well?

While he goes by the name Starkiller in game its not the character's "real" name. Vader renames him when he kills his father and takes him in to be his apprentice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, those episodes were really disappointing because word before they aired was that they were supposed to explain the whole "prophecy" thing, which they didn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really, REALLY weird news, Topher Grace (yes THAT Topher Grace) has edited together the PT into one 85 minute movie.

quote:

His idea was to edit the Star Wars prequels into one movie, as they would provide him a lot of footage to work with. He used footage from all three prequels, a couple cuts from the original trilogy, some music from The Clone Wars television series, and even a dialogue bit from Anthony Daniels’ (C-3PO) audio book recordings. He even created a new opening text crawl to set up his version of the story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Just watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oES7oUpoNhc. The description claims that there's a hidden statistic that determines whether it can work out, no idea if that's real.

From what I remember to get that ending you have to have made the correct choices in ME2 in regards to this questline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of mods, Not Team Gizka completed adding all the missing content to KOTOR 2.

Get it here if you care.

Speaking of KOTOR, Bioware/EA just announced yesterday that The Old Republic MMO is going Free to Play (up to level 50) this fall. I've been playing the free to level 15 version and its not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucasfilm has announced that Episode 2 and 3 will both be out in 3D next year. September 20th and October 11th respectively.