Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

New Wraith Squadron novel what in gently caress, jesus gently caress lord I hope it takes place during the vong invasion and is awesome holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Drikker før du bruker datamaskinen er pinlig, ikke sant? :banjo:

Wraith Squadron sounds cool and all, maybe Saba Sebatyne's Wild Knights will come along for the ride as well and make me happy. (sans Dani QWEEE!)

Jeg skjønner ikke helt hva du prøver å insinuere her...

Wild Knights can go gently caress themselves.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

cool, my Star Wars name is Barax Hosan. I could be an x-wing pilot with that name, right? Right?!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That TOR space combat stuff isn't exactly TIE Fighter, but drat it looks very Star Warsy.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Simon Draskovic posted:

This reminds me of something I daydreamed or maybe remembered about back before Episode II; rumors of them trying to cast Jet Li as a "Sith Ninja" of some sort. I pictured him letting himself become captured, having his lightsaber taken away, and someone snidely commenting about how he is now helpless without his weapon. To which he responds, "For a Jedi, a lightsaber is a crutch. I am no Jedi." And then proceeds to flip the gently caress out and kill everyone with ninja Force powers. :black101:

It would have served as an interesting counterpoint when compared to both Yoda lifting the X-Wing out of the swamp, and Palpatine's spitting dismissal of Luke's "Jedi weapon". I wish the prequels had shown more Jedi / Sith doing things without their lightsabers. :(

That would have been cooler than anything in the prequels.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Zsinj was probably the greatest villain ever, sharing first place with Thrawn. Courtship of Princess Leia was such a terrible book for him to die in :(

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ZeeToo posted:

I've been going through KJA's stuff for that Book Barn thread (shameless plug), and I can safely say that, yes, Daala wins in Darksaber. :unsmith: Exactly one battle. :smith: Against space Amish with no weapons or defensive-anything. And it took her 200 Star Destroyers to do that. :smithicide:

how did she even get 200 star destroyers?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm pretty sure Pellaeon mentions in the camaas crisis books which I forget the proper name for, that the Empire, in its prime, had about 35,000 Star Destroyers available.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

arioch posted:

Maybe Lucas should've come up with better enemies and actual tension instead

Seriously. Battledroids for three movies :negative:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TheLoquid posted:

TFU was fun, if only because force throwing things is a fantastic game mechanic. I would play a game based entirely around force throwing things and have a blast.

I did play a game about force throwing things around and having a blast. It was called The Force Unleashed and it was fun as gently caress. If you don't play it using only force push or force grab, you're playing it wrong.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

hellsy posted:

It explains why hes really happy! look at his face! so happy!

drat he looks creepy as all gently caress, for some reason. :gonk:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You free some people from one of the camps (camp 14?) in Battle For Naboo (which owned).

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Harrison Ford's son would obviously look like an ugly guy, with a stupid expression permanently on his face, and greasy hair :lucassay:

Shia LeBouf as a young Han Solo would absolutely own and be amazing, what's wrong with you guys?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I played through TFU2 and apparently this game was made for people like me because, I gotta be honest, I thought it was balls to the wall awesome the entire time. EVerything was cool as gently caress and you really felt like this crazy rear end in a top hat going around throwing everything off ledges into the abyss (all the time, every level had convenient chasms you could throw stormtroopers into) and doing crazy sick rear end stunts and shenanigans.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

NGL posted:

There's a particularly brutal bit from Season 3, where Ventress impales a clone on her lightsaber. The kiss was cut from broadcast.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ARC_Troopers_(episode)#Behind_the_scenes

Holy poo poo.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain von Trapp posted:

You're really going to love the deleted scene in the first minute of this. Basically, Anakin and Obi-Wan witness a dear friend murdered before their eyes and immediately perform a Marx Brothers routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUAatYo6us

what in the gently caress.

Grievous stabs a woman in the back with a lightsaber and IMMEDIATELY follwing this all you see is a screen full of robots going ROGER ROGER ROGER ROER; ROGER.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Has any novels/comics just a before Phantom Menace tried to tackle the corrupt senate thing?

All pre-prequal non KOTOR novels I've seen seem to be Darth Maul/Black Sun set up masturbationary waffle.

I think a few of the Republic comics that take place before TPM revolve around corrupt senators and the like.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

One of them about the smaller hyperspace war with Tarkins retarded dad? I quite enjoyed that comic :).

Yeah that story owned. And it made the Jedi seem competent!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LLJKSiLk posted:

Well, it would ruin the pacing of the story to spend valuable (heh) amounts of screen time devoted to Senate dealings at the expense of pew pew lasers and lightsabers.

And yet Phantom Menace was made.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

What race was Dexter Jettster?

Reformed Black Man

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

White as the Hoth snow!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nckdictator posted:

Look how many secret fuckin passages he has!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The space battle in ROTJ is still the best space battle in the entire series. God that battle owns.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

someone needs to post that motherfucking.gif from the way old episode 3 thread with Grievous as an old timey silent film villain!!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

that awful man posted:

Ahahaha yeeessss. That was hands down the best thing to come out of that thread

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Donkey Kunt posted:

In Star Wars, do they have the equivalent of a fighter jet for in atmosphere battle? Or do the space fighters have the ability to fight within the atmosphere? If they do exist, were they ever mentioned as canon or is it part of the EU?

I think most fighters can go spcae or atmospheric but like TIE fighters are bad at it because of the wings and no shields or something.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

Is there an EU story were Grievous comes back to life/gets rebuilt/is cloned?

Yeah. It's called Star Wars Galaxies :smug:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Slantedfloors posted:

The closest thing I can think of is the In the Empire's Service arc of the Rogue Squadron comic, which was basically Soontir Fel (the Imperial equivalent of Wedge) talking about his service history as he's defecting to the Rebels. Notably includes him dealing with a bunch of people that he gave Space PTSD to.

There's also the Empire comic series, although that's less "TIE Pilots" and more just random stories from the Imperial perspective.

They're all good though.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

However, I do think that black jumpsuit could be great look for a Jedi of the Republic in a time of war when combined with this Kenobi-in-armor statuette:

I think there is a good middle ground, though. Watching some clips from ROTS made me think how loving horrible the Jedi robes are in the overall feel of a scene. The Jedi SHOULD be smarter than this to know that in certain situations that their ceremonial choice of wardrobe is not really the best.

Take the scenes where Anakin and Obi-Wan are boarding General Grevious' ship in ROTS: They pop out of their small fighters in full-on robes. Now, I'm not a Jedi, a pilot, an astronaut or a martial artist, but you'd think in the middle of a war they would have eventaully gotten to a point that they slimmed down to something more practical on the battlefield. Had Anakin and Obi-Wan emerged from their fighters in some basic light armor with a few jedi motifs to it, I think it would have helped do a lot of things. First, it would have shown how close the Republic is getting towards being the Empire, where even the Jedi are looking like Stormtroopers. Secondly, it could have been a bit of foreshadowing Anakin's fate of being sealed into life-saving armor for the rest of his life.

Did the Jedis in the films ever wear anything close to the 'Jedi Trooper' armor of the Clone Wars animated series?

Too clever by half, sorry. Pack up your poo poo and get the gently caress out, you're fired.

(my lucas impersonation)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

all LucasArts put out was like a dozen podracing games.

God, we should be so lucky.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I bought and read all the books about Jacen taking over the galaxy when I had a lot of downtime in the army and I really regret it. Only good part was Wedge in that one book being Wedge. Those are the last ones I've read.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

You win, man. You win. I just can't argue against that.

The hell we can't

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this poll tax.

Should have just kept the line the same and I would have laughed and laughed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

Star Wars is the only CCG I kept all the cards for. I really doubt Ill ever get to play with anyone again, but its good to be prepared! I loving loved that game. Its complicatedness was freekin awesome when most other CCGs were pretty much 'like magic except ______.'

The Star Wars ccg is actually the only ccg I could ever get into. i tried magic a few years later but it literally almost led to his death (we were fighting over this stupid collectors edition box set with like two decks or whatever, I had a hold of it and he tried to take it out of my hand. Went back and forth until he lost his grip and flew over backwards into traffic and a bus was like 10cm from plowing into him :eek: )so we stopped that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

movax posted:

Yeah, it was a non-canon comic where Han + Chewie make a blind hyperspace jump, end up on 19th century Earth, Han gets fatally skewered by some Indians and dies in the Falcon. Later, Indiana Jones stumbles onto the Falcon with Short Round, it's "eerily familiar" and decides to leave it alone.

Chewbacca watches this happen and then returns to the woods to stalk through them as Bigfoot. Pretty fun little comic.

You found it fun? I found it immensely depressing. Chewbacca stuck on loving 20th century Earth, alone. :smith:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mr.Graves posted:

Is the original Darth Vader from the Star Wars CCG that came out like 16-17 years ago worth anything? I have an entire box of starter packs filled with random cards and one of them is the Darth Vader. I'm not even sure which company made the particular CCG, I bought the box to collect and save, never played the game.

Also, thanks to whoever bought me this kick rear end avatar. I will dedicate my next Wedge Fic to you.

Wedge seriously is the best. I have to rebuy the rogue squadron books loving as soon as possible!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Why would you care about any character not named Wedge or Face?

Oh god, Face.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gently caress yes those games owned.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Force Commander was my first RTS. Because of it, I can't enjoy RTS games. It killed an entire genre for me.

Although in all honesty it's probably because I'm ADD as hell and if a game is really slow and if I'm not running around blowing poo poo up all the time I'll get bored.

I played and enjoyed force commander but I think it was because I was too sstupid to realise how legitimately bad of a game it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cheesus posted:

I'm not sure why you're ignoring the Dark Empire series which kicked off the current EU in the early 90s. The idea of the Emporer being back because he can clone himself at will? The idea of Luke joining him to "understand" what his father went through? That's like a poo poo in the mouth the original trilogy right there.

Though the art was pretty amazing I thought.