Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Directorman posted:

I feel like those of you who haven't seen the Clone Wars series (the ongoing on Cartoon Network) really should watch it. It starts off slow, but it really does turn into Star Wars.

I love it :shobon:

That show is incredibly hit or miss. My son just started watching these after i've resisted it for a couple years. The narrator doing a lovely 1940s newsflash voice at the beginning is terrible. Most of the characters are terrible. Since when are Jedi only fighting, and being quite aggressive and hateful, at that. All Anakin and Ahsoka do is yell at each other and kill things. I mean, it's great if you're 4-10 years old, but come on.

I just watched a 2 parter with an obviously Nazi-inspired 'scientist' looking to wipe out Naboo with a supervirus with his only reason being 'because he's evil'.

The only good episodes Ive seen so far are the ones with Cade(sp?), the assasin/bounty hunter dude. And gently caress Jar-Jar. Someone really needs to kill him one of these days. Just send him out an airlock.

edit: I don't mean to poo poo entirely on the series. Every episode has about 3-5 minutes of something that could have been really good if a competent person was running it. I have a hard time with shows pandering to a younger audience because they think it will be 'harder to understand' if they don't. A New Hope was the poo poo and didn't have to deal with that.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Pththya-lyi posted:

Cad Bane. He's kind of a cheesy character, I admit it, but I like him for his Western gun-slinger look. His appearance was based on unused concept art from the OT, which only makes him even cooler:

Surprisingly, Lucas was the one who suggested using a Western film-style bounty hunter in the show. That means that Lucas can still get it right sometimes, which gives me hope until I remember the saying about the stopped clock. :smith:

I mean I konw he's the stereotypical man in dark clothes with a big hat who is a badass, but I like it.