Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Ok, I'm not exactly new to guitar but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question. I'm working on a song and I can't exactly figure out which key it is in and which other chords would work with what I've got so far. My song starts with Am - AmMAJ7 - Am7 - Fm - Am - E7 - Am. My guesses have been that it's either in the Key of C or A minor harmonic. Any suggestions on what other chords go well with the sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
This is the dumbest guitar question I've ever asked and I'm just being lazy, but could someone transpose "the polygon song" for me? I'm hearing the key of c# with a 1-5-4 progression for the verse but that's all I could manage.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
In my classroom I would like to have a guitar for my students who finish work early. Have a little Stratocaster hanging up on the wall so students could check through tutorials and teach themselves guitar if they are so inclined. My students are teenagers, so I don't think I need an undersized practice guitar.

My questions are:

1. What is the cheapest guitar option I can get (I would prefer an electric guitar)? I wouldn't want a nice guitar to get banged up, and I'm also not interested in breaking the bank over something the kids might not even appreciate. However, I am planning on eventually having some students perform for the rest of the school, so I would prefer a guitar that can be plugged into an amp and isn't a complete piece of garbage.

2. In order for the students to practice without disrupting the rest of the class, I would like the guitar to be able to be plugged into head phones so the student could hear themselves and block out other sounds. Are there headphones that plug into a guitar jack? What are they called?

3. Eventually I would like my students to be able to have other humans hear them play this electric guitar. What is my least expensive amp option? I would preferably like an amp that is loud enough to be heard in a full auditorium (We just use our school's basketball court/gym). I was also wondering if the small little portable amps would be powerful enough for such a feat, of if I should stop being cheap and buy an actual amp.

Any answers would be appreciated. Also, any beginner resources for my students would also be helpful. I've played for years, but I am not a music teacher, they will be doing this as an extra activity if they finish their Science work early.