Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

TheGopher posted:

:words:

The strap issue can literally be fixed with a toothpick. Just slide a toothpick in to the strap hole and screw in the strap pin in as normal. Pickups are easy to replace, and they probably don't need replacement anyway. (Can pickups really break? They don't have moving parts or anything... :confused: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Zo posted:

Got my index finger split open again via barres. Hurts like a giant papercut, ground away over a period of days. Last time this happened it took like 2 weeks for it to close back up :(

Also I think this thread will see a lot of action once rock band 3 is out and the pro mode guitar or whatever is out, and people want to learn to actually play. Squire strats for everyone!

You're playing too hard.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Pocket Billiards posted:

Am I retarded, or is there no way of deleting empty bars in Guitar Pro other than cutting and then not pasting?

ctrl-del

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

seigfox posted:

Lot's of people seem to have an issue with the 'starter strat' that comes in those squire kits (with the amp and accessories). Is there any particular reason why? I picked one up just after I started learning and it still seems to be fine. It doesn't sound fantastic but it was also $100 new so... is the build quality poo poo or something? Color me confused.

While you might have gotten an okay quality guitar, you could have just as easily gotten an absolutely crap guitar, which is why they're advised against. They're made in the worst sweatshops in developing countries by peasants who aren't really trained in QC or guitar luthiery. When you have people who are barely trained working 20 hour days, they generally stop giving a gently caress the 13th hour in. Moral arguments aside, you can't really expect a quality guitar for $100 unless the dollar's value changes drastically.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

simreal posted:

Short Story: I have a new Bogner Alchemist 112 Tube amp and I need to know the proper procedure for turning the amp on/off. The amp has a 20/standby/40 switch and the on/off switch. I need to know how to turn it on without damaging the amp/tubes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When you want to play, leave the 20/standby/40 switch on standby, and flick the power switch on. Wait 30 seconds to a minute before switching the standby switch to either 20 or 40, whichever is your preference. When you're done playing, you should probably leave the standby switch on standby so you don't accidentally power the amp on without it being in standby mode.

For the record, if you accidentally power it on incorrectly every once in a while, it's really not a big deal. People tend to exaggerate the fragility of tube amps, they're not delicate pieces of china. Most are actually designed to go places and be mishandled to a reasonable degree.

Have fun!

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Thoren posted:

I don't know, I've seen some good used $100 guitars.

Used is a different story, because there are all sorts of other variables that can add to quality without adding to price. It could be that the seller doesn't know what he/she has, or thinks something that is a really easy fix is actually irreparable damage.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
People who play 22-fret guitars: what do you do when you encounter a song with a 23rd or 24th fret?

Also does anybody have an idea of how the fixed mode on the Parker trems works? Namely I'm curious if I can change tunings on the fly with the trem in fixed mode and only have to worry about the intonation issues, not the spring tension.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Every time I shop for guitars I say the same thing when I see guitars with trems. "Ugh, no way am I loving with that next time I want to change tunings". Then I see guitars without trems and I say "Ugh, no way am I getting another loving fixed bridge guitar."

Help me.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Verizian posted:

It's gone 2am here so just gonna make the preset in the software rather than terrify my sleeping cats.

TUBESTUBES was the longest title it would let me use.

POST NECROMANCY, but I got bored and saw this from a long time ago and decided to give it a shot with Amplitube 3.

What you should hear is my stock patch for distortion first, then the exact same playing recorded through 12 tube screamers into a Dual Rectifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Francostein posted:

:lol::lol::lol: That's loving awesome.

If anybody else has any ideas, I have gently caress all else to do this weekend. I have all the things that come stock on AT3, as well as some select things from the add-on shop (namely, the Mu-Tron).

I might try some goofy BS stuff right now just to provide some entertainment.

EDIT: Decided to do the above thing with Big Muffs instead

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 1, 2013