Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009
I'm pretty new to guitar and I'm looking to get a new amp. The one I've got at the moment is a cheap little Laney Hardcore Max 10, and I'm really looking for something with nicer sound, better volume, more effects and tones etc. I'm looking at the Vox VT-30 at the moment, which I can get for AUD$299. Anyone have any experience with this model? Or vox amps in general? I really, really like the looks of this from the youtube reviews I've seen (I'll listen to it in person before I make a final decision) but are there any other good amps at a similar price point I should look at?

Here's a page which lists the specs of the VT30, written by a very excited man with a passion for the caps lock key:
http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstore/935042000133.html

For reference, I've got a cheap, plain Cort electric guitar and plan to play a range of different styles (primarily classic rock, though).

Also, for a near-beginner with a cheap, low quality amp and guitar, which is it better to upgrade first? My plan was to get this amp and stick with the cheap guitar, then at some point in the next couple of years get a really nice guitar like a stratocaster or something. Is this the right way to go about things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009
:negative: They sold out of both the Vox VT30 and the VT50. The guy in the shop suggested an amp made by Nux, who I've never heard of. From researching a bit more online, I see there's a Behringer Virtube VT50FX for a similar price at a store near me. It seems similar in terms of features, is this a good option? I can't find anywhere near the number of reviews or demonstrations. Any thoughts or comments on Behringer as a brand? Or this particular model of amp?

Thanks for the replies to my first post, and yes I am in Melbourne, Australia.

The Geoff fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 4, 2010