Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
Does anyone know of any good composition-oriented music theory books or online lessons? I'd like to learn theory using a problem resolution method, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
I'm working through Leavitt's Modern Method for Guitar and I was wondering if it is better to practice just one exercise for 30 mins?

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10

gvonpaul posted:

How about people who have extra money and just like having the best quality instruments they can find? I find that people who have cheap gear try to justify it by saying more expensive gear isn't worth it. See? That sword cuts both ways.

Then $1000 is nothing to drop on a guitar, if best quality is what you're after.

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10

Paramemetic posted:

F is a barre chord that beginners often have trouble with, so I recommend playing it xx3211 using your index finger to fret the 1st and 2nd string, middle finger on 2 on the 3rd string and the ring finger to fret 3 on the 4th string.

If you fret it as x33211 instead, using your pinky on the fifth string, then you are building better coordination for that barre chord. At least, that's what I've read.